Athletes whose work is associated with frequent bruises and injuries should have a bandage on hand. Elderly people are required to use fixing dressings to ensure the safety of the ankle joint.
Fixing dressings are used to reduce the load on the damaged area and speed up the recovery process after injury.
A fixing bandage on the ankle is considered a means of primary necessity for various injuries and bruises. If the ankle is damaged, first of all, try to ensure that the leg is locked in a secure position and the load on this area is minimal. Dressings differ from each other depending on the degree of injury.
Types of clips
The most reliable and more optimal form of fixation is an eight-shaped bandage on the ankle joint. Usually it is applied only by a specialist, because there are special rules for applying it, improper application of a bandage can contribute to harm to the victim’s health.
Learning to fix the ankle correctly
The fixing bandage is applied to the ankle according to certain rules, which must be strictly followed. If the bandage is applied incorrectly or it will be tight, this can trigger the development of complications. To fix the ankle you will need a fixing bandage and clamps. Put the victim on a flat surface, his leg on his lap. Usually this is a bandage in emergency situations.
Try to ensure that the victim does not move, thereby ensuring the correct application of the dressing.
- Applying a bandage to the ankle begins with circular movements in the lower leg, we make several revolutions, we make sure that the bandage is applied evenly;
- The bandage is located on the outside of the foot, do not overtighten, just carefully lay the end of the bandage;
- Through the locomotives we remove the bandage to the inside of the ankle and make 2 turns around the foot, we take the bandage to the outside of the ankle;
- We do a few revolutions and fix the bandage with special clamps. If the elastic bandage is applied correctly, this will help to effectively maintain joint mobility.
Doctors recommend having an elastic bandage in the medicine cabinet, especially for outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and ordinary citizens.
There are situations that the leg is damaged on the road or where there are no conditions for seeking medical help.
Therefore, it is necessary to adhere to some features for proper fixation of the ankle:
- To eliminate the discomfort of the victim and in order not to pull the leg, an elastic bandage is best applied to the toe. After all, if you pull the ankle over the bandage, blood flow will be difficult to it, which will significantly worsen the condition of the victim.
- If the victim has an open wound, then the bandage on the ankle is not applied. And it is necessary to deliver him to the hospital as soon as possible. To prevent infection from entering the wound, cover with a sterile dressing.
- If severe bleeding is present, then you need to apply a tourniquet, cover the wound with a sterile dressing and seek medical help. An elastic bandage is applied when there is no visible damage to the ankle.
- If the victim is noticeable displacement in the ankle joint, then the bandage is not applied. A cold compress is applied to the bruised place and an ambulance is urgently called.
It is necessary to ensure that the victim is lying, not getting up on his sore leg, and even more so walking, as this can provoke minor injuries and undesirable consequences. It is important to know that if an ankle joint is damaged, only a doctor can provide the right medical care and choose a bandage for fixation.
Rules for taping the ankle joint
It is worth saying a few words about taping, teips are elastic patches that are applied over the skin surface and are additionally held by a bandage applied in a certain way. This method is widespread among athletes and active people, to prevent joint injuries, as well as for the rehabilitation of previously damaged.
Before you start taping, you need to prepare the necessary materials:
- Elastic bandage or sports tape;
- Subteypnik is a material that is applied before teiping;
- Cushioning under the foot and heel;
Before you start taping, you need to make sure that the ankle area is dry, clean and intact. The foot must be placed at an angle of 90 degrees. It will be best if the patient lies on a flat surface.