Veneers are ceramic or composite retail installed on a front surface of the teeth within the smile zone. Veneers give the front teeth a smooth attractive appearance, the desired color and shape.
Veneers differ from crowns in that they cover the teeth completely, but only their front side and cutting edge. Most often mikroprotez set for 8 lower and 10 upper teeth.
The thickness of this type of microdenture does not exceed 0.6 mm. in Order to visualize this thick, you can take egg shells and look at it. So veneers are thicker by about two times. Although there are more subtle varieties of veneers is Lumineers (to 0.1 mm).
The appearance of the dentition after the installation of the veneers is significantly improved, teeth the shape, color and strength. Modern dentistry provides prostheses that are visually indistinguishable from natural teeth will be impossible. However, the installed veneers for teeth pros and cons are very contradictory, so you should read them until the moment before deciding on the procedure.
Kinds of veneers on teeth
There are two types of materials used to make veneers: ceramic and composite:
- The ceramic veneers. Ceramic veneers can be seen on porcelain and zirconium. You can also meet with names such as veneers or indirect veneers orthopedic. The fact that this kind of retail makes a dentist-orthopedist, not a General dentist. To create a prosthesis require the presence of a dental laboratory. Only after a series of corrections and collections of color, you can attach veneers to the teeth.Porcelain veneers can be made of pressed and unpressed ceramic. For the manufacture of pressed veneers, ceramics are first kept under high pressure and then at high temperatures is subjected to compression molding. This allows to achieve maximum strength and reliability.Unpressed veneers are made from porcelain mass, which is superimposed in layers and fired. On the strength of these veneers are inferior to the retail of pressed porcelain, but they look more aesthetically pleasing.Minimum fragility and maximum naturalness are different veneers made from Zirconia. For their production was also used porcelain, but support for it is a solid Zirconia frame. Veneers on the basis of zirconium even more reliable than the pressed porcelain retail, however, they are less transparent, since the frame them tighter.
To choose material for fabrication of the veneers should be based on the original color of the enamel of natural teeth. If the enamel is dense, it is possible to opt for any veneers, but if transparent, it is better to choose porcelain retail.
- Composite veneers. This kind of retail is able to make even the stomatologist-therapist, as they are made directly in the mouth of a patient. If we turn to the core of composite veneers, they can be described as a common seal located from the front lower and upper teeth.To make high-quality composite veneers, you need a lab, not a regular dental office.Characteristics of composite veneers:
- Aesthetic composite veneers are far from naturalness, transparency and brilliance of their ceramic counterparts. In addition, such retail differ in color, transparency and surface quality all natural teeth of the patient.
- Color composite veneers rapidly loses its initial appeal. Over time, the design is dull and dark.
- The retail composite is very brittle compared to ceramic veneers and, therefore, have a lesser degree of reliability. This is especially true for anterior teeth because with their help a person bites food.
- The technique of creation of microdenture inside the patient’s mouth should be questioned. After all, are unlikely to make a quality and beautiful dentition for the time limited 1 hour 10 minutes.
The pros of veneers on teeth
Veneers are a popular retail, which enjoy high popularity among patients of dental clinics.
The pros of veneers on teeth are the following:
- Long service life. If mikroprotez was made of high quality materials, and its production process was not broken, veneers can last at least 10 years.
- Resistance to staining. This positive feature have ceramic veneers, as they have a smooth durable surface that is impervious to any staining of microparticles. Veneers repel plaque and have an attractive appearance for a long period of time.
- Maximum proximity to the naturalness, the naturalness of the colors. Miniplates you can pick up with the original color of the enamel of natural teeth of the patient.
- The ability to hide various defects of the teeth, their pigmentation, the presence of large gaps, etc.
- The speed of the procedure. As a rule, the making of even the highest quality of veneers does not take more than 1 week.
- The relative simplicity of the procedure. Although teeth require pre-piping, to remove such a large amount of tissue such as when installing crown will be required.
On the date of service of veneers, there are many questions. On this account, studies have been conducted. One of them, completed in 2007, showed that in 100 patients, have established this kind of retail:
- After 6 years intact was 96% of the lining;
- After 11 years – 91% veneers;
- 16 years later – 71% of the veneers.
Those veneers, which are periodically out of order corrupted due to improper dental hygiene that led to tooth decay due to mechanical injury or due to sudden changes in temperature affecting the prosthesis.
Speaking of that, what are the pros of veneers on teeth, mention should be made of the indications for their use:
- Patient dissatisfaction with the shape of the tooth crown.
- The discoloration to the tooth enamel, which cannot be corrected with whitening.
- The presence of cleavage on the cutting edge of the tooth.
- The presence of gaps between teeth.
- The curvature of the teeth.
Cons of veneers on teeth
Naturally, like any other type of prosthesis, minpromtorgovli with the help of veneers has its drawbacks.
Therefore, before deciding on the procedure, you should carefully examine all the cons of veneers on teeth:
- The main drawback is the irreversibility of the procedure. That is, the previous appearance of the teeth can not be achieved never. The thing is that before installing the veneer, your own tooth of the patient will be subjected to a treatment of the facing. Tooth enamel is known to not be restored. Deciding to remove veneers in a few years, you will need to consider whether to make a new miniprotein, or to replace teeth with tooth crowns. Should know before installation of the veneers with the tooth will have to remove 0.5 mm.
- Moderate the fragility of the prosthesis. Although it is believed that veneers are very durable prostheses, however, they can give chips and cracks. This is especially true for anterior teeth. Known cases when incorrect or careless bite, veneers were just split from the tooth-base.
- The high cost of the procedure. The better to microdenture, the higher will be his price. The most durable and reliable ceramic veneers on the basis of zirconium dioxide are quite expensive.
- Whatever the quality of the prosthesis, it would still be artificial, so after a while, even if it is long, it will have to be replaced.
- The presence of contraindications to their installation.
It is impossible to put veneers on the teeth to people who have the following problems:
- Increased dental abrasion, which occurs more frequently than older people;
- Complete loss of the sixth and seventh chewing teeth;
- Maintaining extreme lifestyle, for example, the practice of Boxing or other contact sports;
- Pre-op treatment of resorcinol with formalin;
- Bruxism or the habit of teeth grinding during the night rest;
- Commitment bad habits – nail biting, sunflower seeds, biting off the thread teeth to open bottles caps, etc.;
- Marked destruction of the inner surface of the tooth;
- Tooth filling large or medium-sized seal with its inner surface;
If the above was the absolute contraindications, relative contraindications include the thin enamel on the front teeth. This is because during piping, it will be erased completely, and securely fasten veneers on the soft dentin of the tooth will fail.