Nervous system – an effective method of research of urine, allowing you to quickly and accurately determine where in the moment is infectious nidus. This helps to identify the disease at an early stage and promptly begin treatment.
Increasing the level of leukocytes in the urine – an alarming sign of presence of inflammatory process in one of the departments of the urinary system. This condition requires further differential diagnosis, whose main aim is the detection of the localization of pathology.
In some cases, examination of urine shows
Urine of a healthy person contains small amounts of white blood cells. When conducting laboratory research in the field of view of the microscope should not be reported more than 5 cells in women and 3 in men. The ingress of foreign protein inside the blood stream of a person leads to the activation of the immune system. To combat infectious pathogen begins to produce white blood cells that destroy bacterial cells.
When the enterotoxins or the pathogens are too many, killed a significant number of white blood cells that are excreted in the urine. Trehstakannaya and dukstyna a urine sample to help determine the area where the deformation of white blood cells to conduct medical or surgical treatment.
This procedure is typical for the diagnosis of pathology of the following organs:
- urinary tract infections;
Trehstakannaya or dukstyna test is conducted with the ineffectiveness of the analysis of urine on Nechiporenko.
The study of urine is recommended if you suspect the following diseases:
- The acute form of bacterial prostatitis etiology.
- Inflammation of the urethra.
- Malignant and benign formations, with the expected localization in the organs of the urinary system.
- Hyperplasia of the prostate.
- Chronic prostatitis.
The procedure is required when any complaint on the violation of urination, painful spasms in the lower back, change color and (or) smell of urine. Detection in urine admixtures of fresh blood or dark blood clots allows you to suspect acute or chronic pyelonephritis, glomerulonephritis, haemorrhagic cystitis even with a slight increase in leukocyte count.
When conducting trehstakannoy samples revealed a significant number of leukocytes
3 glass sample is carried out, as a rule, the representatives of the stronger sex for the differentiation of suspected tumors of the prostate and ureters. Upon detection of the inflammatory focus is more accurate instrumental diagnostics using ultrasound, CT, MRI. For women it is recommended to dvuhtonnoy trial, as the third portion of urine remains unclaimed.
How to prepare for the analysis
The accuracy of laboratory results depends on observance of certain rules. Before collecting the urine should wash the genitals with warm water without using soap, foam or gel. Bedridden patients to wash medical staff. To do this, use a weak solution of potassium permanganate, followed by rubbing with a cotton towel. This procedure requires the urine collection method of catheterization.
To wash the genitals should be towards the anus. The man should move the skin of the foreskin to release the external opening of the urethra. A woman inserts a sanitary tampon into the vagina. If you neglect this stage, the urine samples will be the white and red blood cells, microbes, which adversely affect the results obtained. Menstrual bleeding is a contraindication for carrying out trehstakannoy urine sample.
What else needs to be done to obtain correct results of laboratory analyses:
- You should refrain from urination for 4-5 hours.
- Can’t drink and eat Breakfast before collecting urine.
- Two days before the tests it is impossible to engage in sexual contact.
- Need a few days to abandon active sports and weight lifting.
Urine collection will take three sterile container with screw cap, each for a separate portion of urine. The first portion should contain 20% of the total volume of morning urine. For the second portion to collect 60% of urine, the third portion consists of residual urine. When the diagnosis of prostatitis collecting is carried out in two ways. The first was described above and the second is held with the participation of a urologist. First you need to gather two portions, and before the third doctor is the prostate massage.
Reception of colored tablets and capsules distorts the results trehstakannoy samples
What factors affect the results trehstakannoy samples
About a day prior to the examination it is necessary to limit the number of cigarettes smoked. You should avoid drinking coffee and any alcohol. These drinks have the ability to excrete a significant amount of liquid. In this case, the collected urine will be concentrated, and the test results will be inaccurate.
Accepting diuretic medicines for 24 hours is recommended for health indicators. These patients will be made to correct the results considering the used doses of diuretics. Cannot pass urine after the ingestion of food of plant origin with a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, laxatives, urine staining properties.
- cranberry, pumpkin, watermelon;
- beets, carrots, spinach, sorrel;
- grapefruit, lemon, orange.
Some chemical compounds used for the formation of capsules and tablets that can color the urine. It is easy to identify by the appearance of the medicine. Some manufacturers use dyes to attract the attention of buyers to the vitamin complexes and especially dietary supplements.
The day before the urine collection, you should give up taking drugs for the treatment of certain chronic diseases. Such drugs include the antibiotics cephalosporin and penicillin, cardiac glycosides, antiarrhythmic funds. After taking distorted results trehstakannoy samples due to the significant increase of proteins and products of their metabolism.
Regular trehstakannoy samples necessary for the prevention of prostatitis
Transcript of analysis results
The test results trehstakannoy samples are interpreted as follows:
- If the significant number of white blood cells detected in the first portion of urine, then an infectious lesion formed in the urethra. When urine flow in this sample got all the cells out of the urethra.
- The greatest number of white blood cells identified in the third portion of the inflamed mucous membrane of the bladder. The same result happens when infection of the prostate gland. The bladder, being reduced, secretes mucous and blood clots or secretions from the prostate gland.
- A similar distribution of white blood cells in all samples shows the presence of inflammatory focus in the structural elements of the kidneys. This result is also typical in malignant and benign bladder tumors.
2 glass urine test more commonly done in women, but effective in some diseases in men. Interpreting the results is this:
- the prevalence of leukocytes in the first sample suggests that there is an infectious nidus in the urinary tract;
- increased concentration of white blood cells in the second sample is the basis for the conclusion that the inflammation has affected the seminal vesicles or prostate;
- upon detection of a purulent content in two samples of urine can be assumed that the infection is localized in the kidney or bladder.
Trehstakannaya test is indispensable in the detection of blood in urine
These studies are conducted when detecting drops of blood or clots during urination. The main causes of hematuria are: tuberculosis of kidney, formation of stones in the structural parts of the kidney or bladder, tumors. Blood in the urine – one of the three symptoms of nephritic syndrome, developing in various pathologies of the urinary system.
For the prevention of diseases of the urinary system should observe the rules of personal hygiene. Every day you need to drink at least 2 liters of clean water. Several times a year, are required to submit urine samples to detect possible inflammation.