Indigestion in medicine denoted by the term dyspepsia. It is a complex of symptoms that occur in children and adults as a result of violation of processes of digestion in the stomach. The disorder may be functional, when no organic lesion of the gastrointestinal tract, or is one of the signs of any disease.
Functional there are three options:
- dyskinetic (manifested by heaviness in the epigastric area, fullness, nausea, belching);
- asennettuna (hunger pains in the stomach);
- non-specific (combination of features of the first two options).
In some cases, the dyspepsia is a symptom of organic pathology of the digestive system. The most common diseases, accompanied by indigestion:
- ulcer of the stomach;
- duodenal ulcer;
- gastroezofagealnaya disease (GERD);
- chronic pancreatitis;
- chronic gastroduodenitis;
- the cholecystitis.
Most adults and children occasionally there is a transient dyspepsia. Its causes:
1. violation of the regulations of the food;
3. eating on the go, dry;
4. intolerance to a particular product;
5. earlier introduction of complementary foods for babies;
6. abuse of sweet, sodas and coffee;
8. eating oily, spicy food;
9. physical exertion immediately after a meal;
In adults, the symptoms of dyspepsia are characterized by sensation of heaviness and fullness in the epigastric region, pain in the stomach, the appearance of burping and heartburn, nausea, loss of appetite, unpleasant taste in your mouth. You may flatulence and violations of the chair in the form of diarrhea or constipation.
Indigestion in the child – a fairly common phenomenon, especially before the age of three years, until I finally matured all the enzyme systems of the digestive tract. The main causes is overeating and eating foods to which children’s stomach is not ready yet.
Babies under a year, the dyspepsia manifests itself in the form of frequent and copious regurgitation after eating, anxiety, accompanied by colic and disorders of the chair. Arise constipation or diarrhea, feces green color, frothy, mixed with mucus, but unlike the intestinal infection there is no rise in temperature. If parents introduce solid foods before a child turns 6 months, the child has indigestion quite often.
In debilitated and premature infants a common disorder may go into toxic. In the intestines accumulate toxins, which are formed as a result of poor digestion are absorbed into the blood, begin to multiply pathogenic microorganisms. The symptoms of toxic dyspepsia in children:
- diarrhea 10-20 times a day;
- temperature rise;
- loss of body weight;
- signs of dehydration (dry mucous membranes, rare urination, the urine is concentrated, rich yellow color in small quantity);
- blood pressure falls.
If you experience symptoms of indigestion in an infant, you should immediately consult a doctor.
In older children, indigestion is manifested by pain in the epigastric region, nausea, feeling of fullness of the stomach, impaired appetite, belching, flatulence and heartburn.
Treatment of the disorder
Mild symptoms of dyspepsia are eliminated in the home. Usually enough to treat of diet and mode of eating. A child excluded from feeding the product, which has caused indigestion, replace a couple feedings with drinking water, increase the interval between breastfeeding or taking the mixture until improvement. Therapy must perform under the supervision of a pediatrician.
Repeated diarrhea and vomiting child’s body loses a lot of fluids to avoid dehydration, give the inside of the fluids for rehydration (Rehydron). As antidiarrheal remedies to children under three years you can accept Smektu, she allowed the newborn.
Severe forms of toxic and indigestion are treated in a hospital. In this case, the child is prescribed detoksiciruuschee intravenous infusion solutions and preparations for hydration, antibacterial and antipyretic, symptomatic therapy.
Older children and adults to correct disorders of the stomach at home is recommended:
- chelators (Eterosgel, Lactofiltrum);
- antispasmodics for pain (no-Spa);
- antidiarrheal drugs (Imodium, Smecta);
- prokinetics (Motilium);
- probiotics (Bifiform, Linex, Lactobacterin, Bificol);
- enzymes (Mezym).
Effectively eliminate indigestion help and folk remedies. In the presence of organic pathology first is treatment of the underlying disease.
Diet for dyspepsia
Diet in combination with medication will enable you to get quick relief from indigestion. To eliminate the unpleasant symptoms to give preference to a vegetarian table, limit the intake of animal products. It is important to observe the frequency of food intake 3-4 times a day, are effortlessly heated food, do not skip meals (especially ulcerative dyspepsia, since fasting in this case leads to pain in the stomach).
In an infant it is important to the timely introduction of complementary foods before six months of age, start with vegetable puree or dairy-free cereals. You can enter the first and dairy products children’s cuisine, they are well digested by the stomach of the baby. To prevent the development of dyspepsia, every product is introduced gradually, with a half-teaspoon, within a week the amount of increase, if the child has no negative symptoms.
To get rid of indigestion, exclude:
- raw vegetables and fruits;
- rich yeast and confectionery;
- fatty and fried foods;
- spicy and salty;
- sodas and juices;
- strong coffee and tea.
Folk remedies from indigestion
They quickly help to get rid of mild indigestion:
1. A decoction of the seeds marjoram – 2 teaspoons of the ground seeds of marjoram or cumin, pour a glass of boiling water, let stand for 25 minutes and drink twice a day for 100 ml.
2. Celery is not only a useful product, but also excellent folk remedy for indigestion. You can take fresh juice of its roots in small portions several times a day or prepare the infusion: 5 g of minced celery pour 1 liter of boiling water, infuse for 7 hours, take 100 ml several times a day.
3. Collection: anise fruit, buckthorn bark, yarrow, licorice root. Tablespoon of the mixture pour a glass of water and boil at least 7 minutes, strain and drink half a mug 2 times a day.
Treatment of folk remedies effectively eliminate dyspepsia and will serve as a method of preventing the occurrence of indigestion.