This pathology occurs in those cases when a violation of the integrity of the connective tissue that integrates the muscle fibers. Most often this disease occurs in athletes. Fascial rupture leads to muscular hernia in the leg or arm – protruding neoplastic in the form of lumps, tumors.
Doctors distinguish congenital and acquired hernia. For the first varieties of typical anatomical defect: exhausted, weakened the structure of the fascia. As a result, even small mechanical stresses, it can rupture and lead to the formation of bulging muscles.
But more often acquired hernia. The most common causes of this type of pathology:
- 1Overload of professional athletes during training and competition.
- 2Domestic and industrial injuries, especially related to lifting excessive weights.
- 3operations in which the surgical manipulation of the affected fascia, improper suturing or abscess.
Muscle hernias can develop in any region of the body, but are often formed in the legs. The lower limbs have the maximum of physical load, as a result, most injuries are occurring. If risk of hernia bicep-prone weightlifters, wrestlers, bulging muscles on the toe, in the foot, lower leg, thigh characteristic of football players, runners, skiers, the slalom.
In trauma of the knee joint synovial fluid can penetrate the periarticular bag and complicate the pathology. Severe disease occurs when both the damaged and the cartilage tissue.
Typical signs of disease:
- pain, aggravated by physical exertion;
- the protrusion of muscle fibers;
- movement disorder in the patient’s leg;
- swelling muscle;
- local or extensive bleeding associated with the rupture of blood vessels;
- a feeling of numbness in the affected limb.
The main symptom of disease – pain in the area of the damaged muscle. However, there is also a form of abuse that is not accompanied by pain syndrome. But it certainly has a characteristic protrusion. On palpation it is soft, elastic, and with the reduction in patient muscle becomes tight.
Often small for the amount of protrusion after a while disappear on their own. However, if the hernia is of large size, which is accompanied by lasting pain, should immediately contact the traumatologist or the surgeon.
The doctor makes the preliminary diagnosis after taking a history and examining a patient. If there is suspicion for muscle hernia is appointed ultrasound of the affected area of the limb. In difficult cases for diagnosis requires MRI.
At the same time the doctor should exclude the presence of similar disease – myogelosis. In this pathology in the muscle formed multiple nodules causing pain and swelling. Often these tumors are striking the Shin or thigh of the players, and runners. In addition, you should eliminate fatty hernia that can be formed in the field at five skaters, figure skaters, as well as overweight people.
In small hernias, occurring without clinical symptoms, doctors recommend:
- the sharp limitation of physical activity;
- fixing a sick muscle with an elastic bandage;
- in the future, wearing compression stocking.
If necessary, the doctor prescribes medications. Use the following drugs:
- painkillers and anti-inflammatory injections, tablets, ointments, gels: Diclofenac, Movalis;
- means of activating the circulation of blood in hematomas: Troxevasin, Lioton;
- muscle relaxants, reducing elevated muscle tone: Mydocalm, Sibazon;
- drugs that promote recovery of tactile sensitivity: Milgamma, Combilipen (b vitamins).
If the hernia is a large tumor and is not treatable with conservative methods, the patient is prescribed surgery. Such a drastic measure is particularly necessary when the patient will continue to engage in professional sports.
Practice the following types of transactions:
- 1Restore the integrity of damaged fascias method of stitching.
- 2Laparoscopic installation in the discontinuities of the connective tissue with special surgical meshes of innovative materials.
The second option, as a method of plastic surgery, more complex. Mesh of vicryl and propylene stimulates the synthesis of collagen, strengthens the fascia. As you complete your function, they gradually dissolve. This method is considered more modern and effective, as has a minimum risk of recurrence of the disease.
Elena Malysheva. What to do if foot hurts?
Piriformis syndrome (myofascial piriformis syndrome)
People with a genetic predisposition to muscle hernia due to congenital weakness of the structure of fascia doctors recommend:
- to avoid in everyday life drops, bumps, sudden movements;
- moderately lead a dynamic lifestyle;
- if you wish to strengthen your health with a workout in the gym to choose gentle types of sport and only after consultation with a doctor;
- to monitor their diet and abandon products, the use of which can cause metabolic disorders in the body;
- not Smoking and not abusing alcohol.
The hernia on the leg does not occur from the athlete, if he trains and performs without breaking the most important requirement: the need for preliminary warming up of the muscular system. This is especially important to warn lifestealing hernia in the thigh, knee or Shin. This pathology occurs most hard and difficult treated. You should always calculate the forces and to distribute increased physical activity on muscle groups. After training and competitions need to repair their techniques as sports massage.