Amoxiclav fights infection thanks to amoxicillin and clavulonic acid. In tavanic, the active substance is levofloxocin hemihydrate.
If tavanic can be drunk regardless of food intake, then Amoxiclav strictly at its beginning.
Tavanic is forbidden for admission to persons under the age of 18 years. His “colleague” can be used to treat infections in children from 12 years of age.
The cost of the medicines presented differs: tavanic will cost much more. Moreover, he has a rather large list of contraindications and possible side effects. If the dose is exceeded, this remedy can cause impaired consciousness.
Amoxiclav is safer in this regard.
Treatment of bacterial infections is impossible without the use of special drugs – antibiotics. Popular drugs in this group are Amoxiclav and Tavanic.
Amoxiclav is a drug based on amoxicillin and clavulonic acid, which belongs to the class of antibiotics. Also in the composition there are a number of additional substances that allow the medicine to be better absorbed.
The main active ingredients of Amoxiclav:
- Amoxicillin trihydrate ( 574 mg ).
- Potassium clavulonate ( 148.87 mg ).
The drug is well absorbed by the stomach, and its effect is enhanced compared to conventional amoxicillin due to clavulonic acid. This remedy is prescribed in the presence of diseases such as:
- Gynecological infections.
- Infections of the genitourinary system.
- Odontogenic infections.
- Infections of bones and soft tissues.
- Infected wounds from animal bites.
- Acute bronchitis combined with superinfection.
- Chronic pulmonary pathology.
- Upper respiratory tract infections.
The drug is produced in tablets. However, they must be consumed by dissolving in water. 1 tablet of Amoxiclav should be placed in a full glass of water and mix well until smooth. Next, the solution must be consumed.
Due to the fact that the drug manifests itself rather roughly in contact with the stomach, you need to drink it at the beginning of a meal.
Adults and children over 12 years of age should take 1 tablet every 12 or 8 hours for 14 days (depending on the severity of the disease).
Side effects can occur during long-term use, but they are all weak and quickly go away.
There are contraindications:
- Individual intolerance.
- Cholestatic jaundice.
- Children under 12 years old and weighing less than 12 kg.
- Hypersensitivity to penicillin, cephalospirin or other antibiotics.
With great care, Amoxiclav should be used for colitis and liver pathologies.
Tavanic is also a powerful antibiotic, but it acts on the basis of another substance. It contains:
- Levofloxocin hemihydrate.
- Additional substances that provide the taste of tablets and their absorption by the body.
Tavanic is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, while absorption is independent of food intake.
A medicine is prescribed for such diagnoses as:
- Urinary tract infections.
- Infectious prostatitis.
- Sustainable forms of tuberculosis.
- Prevention and treatment of anthrax with the threat of infection, including.
- Dermatological infections.
- Infectious lesions of the soft tissues.
- Acute sinusitis.
- Cystitis without complications.
- Exacerbation of chronic bronchitis.
Tavanic should be drunk 1 tablet or half 1 or 2 times a day, depending on the severity of the disease. The specific dosage can only be set by the attending physician.
Meal time is unimportant. The main thing is to drink the medicine with enough water and not to chew.
In patients with pathological processes in the kidneys or liver, the dose should be adjusted.
Tavanic often causes side effects. The most harmless of them:
- Disorders of the stomach and intestines.
- Lack of coordination.
- Increased nervous irritability, etc.
There are contraindications:
- Myasthenia gravis
- Age to 18 years.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- The tendency to psychosis.
- Impaired renal function, etc.
This drug should be used with caution in people with diabetes.
What are the drugs like?
Both of the agents described above are powerful antibiotics. Amoxiclav and Tavanic are available in tablets and are prescribed for almost the same indications.
These medicines can only be prescribed by your doctor. You can not use them to treat women during the period of gestation, and while breastfeeding.
Which is better
Which of the described drugs is best suited in a particular situation, only a doctor can say . It all depends on the physiological parameters of the patient and his diagnosis.
However, Amoksiklav wins in many respects in comparison with Tavanik. Remaining a highly effective antibiotic, it causes a minimum of adverse reactions, and the cost is low.