If the medicine is selected for an adult, then the choice is obvious – “Espumisan”, and the capsule or drop does not matter (since they work the same way).
If the child needs the drug, then the pediatrician should determine this, since the appointment will depend on the level of development of the child (how the baby was born – on time or earlier), how colic appears, with what frequency and duration. If it is urgent to stop pain symptoms due to gas formation, then Espumisan Baby will be more effective (according to most mothers who have used similar drugs) (since it contains the highest percentage of simethicone).
Flatulence or excessive flatulence is a common problem that occurs in children and adults. As a rule, the cause is digestive disorders or imperfections. Among newborns, this disease occurs in 40% of children. Special medicines can help solve the problem of pain and discomfort for both adults and children. For example, Espumisan or Plantex.
One of the most famous drugs for combating flatulence in adults and children. Available in the form of chewable capsules, drops for adults and children, solution for newborns. The manufacturer is the German company Berlin-Chemie.
How it works: gas bubbles collapse in the intestinal lumen, extinguishes the resulting foam, the released gas exits naturally. In this case, the pain symptoms become smaller and then disappear.
Active constituents of all forms of the drug:
- Capsules contain simethicone 40 mg.
- Drops for adults “Espumisan 40” or “Espumisan L” also contain simethicone 40 mg.
- Children’s solution “Espumisan Baby” contains simethicone in an amount of 100 mg.
Why is Espumisan prescribed for adults and children over 1 year old?
- Excessive accumulation of gases in the abdomen of various etiologies.
- Before abdominal surgery for diagnosis or treatment.
- Gastrocardial syndrome (a disease in which digestive disorders are combined with pain in the heart).
- Painful signs in the gastrointestinal tract.
Why is Espumisan Baby prescribed for children?
- Intestinal pain in infants.
- Strong gas formation in the intestines of the baby.
- Distressed digestion, accompanied by pain.
- Before clinical examinations (ultrasound, x-ray, sounding of the stomach and intestines, the use of contrast method).
- Inadvertent poisoning by soap emulsions (dishwashing liquid, soap, hair shampoo, shower gel, bath foam).
- Air entrapment during breastfeeding.
- Preventive measures with constant flatulence in children suffering from this ailment.
The medication is completely harmless, does not interfere with the work of assimilation of food.
How to use Espumisan for adults? If bloating occurs, take 2 teaspoons of Espumisan 40 or Espumisan L 3-5 times a day. Capsules are taken similarly , 2 pcs up to 5 times a day.
Children from 1 to 6 years old are recommended only a drip form in the amount of 1 teaspoon with a drink up to 5 times a day.
How to apply Espumisan Baby for colic? It is taken orally regardless of feeding, additionally at night.
|child age||dose||frequency of adoption per day|
|children under 12 months||from 5 to 10 cap.||up to 5 times|
|from 12 months to 6 years||10 cap.||up to 5 times|
|over 6 years old||20 cap.||up to 5 times|
When is the use of Espumisan contraindicated for all ages?
- Violation of the movement of food through the digestive system.
- Hereditary immunity of fructose.
- Individual sensitivity to the ingredients.
A herbal drug with carminative action (for colic babies), the main ingredient of which is fennel (or dill). Mother’s similar means are called “dill water”.
It is produced in a single form – like granular tea, from which it is necessary to prepare a solution.
Assign it from 14 days of age.
Composition 1 sachet:
|fennel extract||0.2 g|
|fennel essential oil||2.4 mg|
|essential oil flavor||0.5 mg|
|essential oil antiseptic||0.2 mg|
|food supplement||12.6 mg|
|lactose (milk sugar)||2.2 g|
In what situations to give the child “Plantex”?
- Prevention and treatment of childhood colic.
- Getting rid of cramping intestinal pain with a child’s digestive disorders.
- With the transition of the baby to homemade food or with the introduction of complementary foods, combined with breast milk.
How to prepare a solution and drink it to a small child? Dissolve 1 sachet of the product in a bottle with 100 ml of warm boiled water and mix until the granules dissolve.
Fresh solution is drunk to the baby after a meal or between feedings directly from the bottle, based on
- Children up to 12 months: 1 or 2 sachets per day, divided into several doses.
- Children from 12 months to 4 years old – 2-3 sachets per day.
When is the use of Plantex prohibited?
- With a detected malabsorption syndrome of galactose or glucose.
- With frequent regurgitation and the inability to split milk sugar.
- If a hereditary problem with impaired conversion of galactose to glucose called galactosemia is established.
- Pronounced sensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Women who are breast-feeding or pregnant (some mothers take colic for the prevention of newborns who are fed breast milk).
What do Plantex and Espumisan have in common?
- The main purpose is to get rid of increased gas formation and pain (the pharmacological group of carminative drugs).
- Both drugs can cause an allergic reaction in the form of redness and a rash on the skin.
- It can be used in long courses.
- The drugs are harmless (even with an overdose) and do not cause discomfort to the bacteria of the gastric juice).
- Funds can be combined with other medicines (under the supervision of a pediatrician).
What are the differences between Plantex and Espumisan
|name and origin of the active substance||fennel extract, vegetable||simethicone, chemical origin|
|how is produced||granules||drops|
|when to take||after eating||regardless of food intake|
|how to use||dilute with water and drink||mix with drink|
|contraindications for lactose||there are limitations||no since it does not contain lactose|
|at what age is allowed||from 2 weeks||since birth|
|the possibility of taking a nursing mother or pregnant woman||Not recommended||allowed|