Piracetam is one of the oldest drugs that has a huge number of side effects. He does not relieve convulsions and anxiety. It should be used only when there is a violation of blood circulation. You can also use for memory impairment.
Mexidol is a newer drug that has fewer side effects. But it has a huge spectrum of action. This allows you to prescribe it for various diseases.
Thus, both drugs are effective, but Mexidol has some additional effects. It can be used for headaches, with mental disorders, because it allows you to remove any symptoms of anxiety and aggression.
But many are faced with such a situation when they prescribe two drugs at once in a joint action. In clinical practice, this is possible. But, before that, you need to make sure that there are no contraindications for using both groups of drugs. At the same time, you can take medicines only when they are prescribed by a doctor. Most often, this happens with severe illnesses.
For drugs to work efficiently and quickly, you need to use them in the form of injections. Therefore, to the question of whether they can be used simultaneously, the answer is only positive.
In any case, it should be remembered that the use of two drugs is possible only after the appointment of a doctor. If you do this yourself, you can harm yourself and your health.
Piracetam and Mexidol are two drugs that help increase brain performance. They can be used if a person has neurological disorders, because the drug has an effect on the central nervous system.
To date, medicines are considered almost similar, but still it is worth considering which one, when and to whom it is best suited.
Piracetam as a medicine
This effective medication is prescribed in order to stabilize brain activity, as well as for the treatment of certain diseases. It is allowed for both children and adults. If you want to use Mexidol and Piracetam immediately, then this is not recommended without a doctor’s prescription. Compatibility is possible only after consulting a doctor and for adults. In no case should you start taking it yourself.
Piracetam is prescribed to produce a calming effect on the nervous system. According to the instructions, several symptoms can be distinguished in which the use of the medication is possible:
- Dizziness and pain in the head.
- Osteochondrosis and other problems with the spine.
- Psychoorganic syndrome.
If we talk about contraindications, then there are few of them, but you need to remember all the information. These include:
- A person is allergic to some component.
- Already had problems with the work of the heart.
- Kidney problems.
- Women who are pregnant or nursing infants.
Mexidol as a reliable drug
The drug belongs to the class of strong oxidizing agents. Actions are aimed at improving the functioning of the brain by improving blood circulation in the head. Use is possible with the following health problems:
- Head injuries.
- Vegetovascular dystonia.
- The emotional state is unstable.
- Heart diseases.
- Recovery after intoxication.
- Constant stress.
If we talk about contraindications, then taking Mexidol is not suitable for all patients. There are some cases where it is absolutely impossible to apply it. These include:
- Hypersensitivity to the components of the drug.
- Deficiency in the kidneys and liver.
- Pregnancy and feeding.
What do drugs have in common?
Piracetam and Mexidol have a number of similar features. These include:
- Both Piracetam and Mexidol have a number of contraindications. The main and general thing is that they can not be used for renal failure. In addition, if you have hypersensitivity to a component or intolerance, then it can also not be used.
- Side effect. There are also similar features. They affect the fact that both drugs have dyspeptic symptoms. They are usually vomiting or nausea.
- If we talk about the indications for use, then there are also similarities. In any case, such drugs are aimed at eliminating almost the same problems.
- Both Mexidol and Piracetam have a nootropic effect. They can increase the working capacity and brain activity of each person. Their effect is aimed at the functioning of the central nervous system.
Both drugs are currently available in every pharmacy. Their cost is almost the same, so you can purchase absolutely any of them.
Comparison and Features
If you compare both drugs, then in them you can find a huge number of distinctive features. That is why they can often be prescribed in combination with serious injuries. They perfectly complement each other and are able to have a serious impact on the patient’s body. Among the distinguishing features, the following should be noted:
- Mexidol is most often prescribed in order to improve blood circulation and restore the brain. In piracetam, the principle of action will be slightly different.
- Piracetam can be used in children older than 1 year. Mexidol is allowed only after reaching adulthood. In any case, before use, you should consult a specialist who will give recommendations on dosages and the course of administration.
- Mexidol can cause allergic reactions, which can not be said about the second option. They arise due to the composition, which contains a variety of components.