With the usual SARS with a runny nose, sneezing and coughing, Ergoferon is more suitable for supporting the body. On the first day they drink 1 tablet every 30 minutes 5 times, then on the same day 3 more tablets at regular intervals. In the next day, 1 tablet should be used 3 times a day until complete recovery.
Ergoferon is useful if the patient has a tendency to allergies, or if he has not reached the age of 7 years. In addition, it is safe to use this drug in pregnant women and during lactation.
Children from 6 months to 3 years old are dissolved in a tablespoon of warm boiled water.
Use is also effective for other indications within the scope of use different from the second drug (e.g. rotaviruses, meningitis, encephalitis).
Ergoferon can be drunk in the post-vaccination period to avoid complications and allergies in the amount of 1-2 tablets per day.
Regarding Amiksin, we can say that this is a rather serious drug, which in no case should be used by women in position! It disrupts the synthesis of prostaglandide, which can cause an abortion.
The medicine is useful for adults who have the flu or a cold, as well as other relevant infections, in which it can help. The dosage for ARVI is 3 tablets – one after a meal on the 1st, 2nd and 4th day of treatment. If complications appear, another tablet is added on the 6th day.
Although overdose cases of both the first and second drugs are unknown, it is better not to neglect the instructions and strictly follow them.
You can buy them at any pharmacy without a doctor’s prescription. However, drugs can not be prescribed for yourself, and even more so for a long time to use without the supervision of a doctor. This is very dangerous, because in this case, after the cancellation of treatment, your own immunity, accustomed to constant help, will not work properly.
In the season of colds, antiviral and immunomodulating drugs are becoming increasingly popular , helping the body’s defenses in the fight against the disease. Most often, doctors prescribe them for the prevention and treatment of influenza, acute and chronic viral diseases.
If the usual ARVI can be transferred practically without treating it, only by drinking hot drinks and vitamins, then it is better not to joke with the flu. It is very dangerous for its complications, so in this case, the use of medicinal support agents is more than justified.
There are a huge number of similar drugs on the market, but the active substance in them may be different. Such drugs have not only similarities, but also differences.
Let’s take a closer look at two popular and commonly prescribed antiviral drugs.
Here, the active substance is tilorone. The principle of its action is that it binds virus-specific proteins, preventing the virus from multiplying in the cells. Recovery is several times faster than with standard treatment.
In addition, the medicine helps the body form alpha, beta, gamma and lambda interferons. They form in the intestines and provide great support to the immune system.
Tiloron has radioprotective, antifungal, antitumor, anticarcinogenic and antimutagenic activity. When combined with metronidazole, reduces its hepatoxicity.
In addition to immunomodulatory and antiviral functions, it also performs anti-inflammatory and antihistamine – that is, against allergic reactions.
It contains ready-made antibodies to human gamma-interferon, to histamine (as a result, the muscles of the bronchi relax, which eliminates bronchospasm, reduces swelling of the mucous membranes, which reduces the duration of coughing and sneezing) and to CD4 receptors (this increases the activity of lymphocytes).
What are they like?
Both drugs help the body in the fight against viruses of various etiologies, stimulate the immune system, and are effective for herpes infections. They are prescribed for the prevention and treatment of influenza and SARS.
They are available in the form of tablets, which in the first case are washed down with water, and in the second – absorbed.
Both that and another medicine can be used simultaneously with antibiotics or other drugs necessary for complex treatment.
Store at room temperature not higher than 30 degrees Celsius in a dry, dark place inaccessible to children.
- Amiksin is a synthetic drug, the effectiveness of which has been proven by clinical trials. Ergoferon is a homeopathic remedy with clinical and experimentally proven efficacy.
- Amiksin helps the body produce interferons, Ergoferon contains them ready-made.
- Contraindications to the use of Amiksin are pregnancy and lactation, since tyrolone freely penetrates the placenta and breast milk. In studies on rats of the active substance of the drug, a high embryonic mortality was observed, that is, a large percentage of miscarriages. Children’s age up to 7 years is also a contraindication. Ergoferon can be used for infants (from 6 months), during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- A side effect of Amiksin is an upset bowel, chills, and allergies. At Ergoferon, only a reaction of increased sensitivity to its components is possible.
Amiksin is proven effective in:
- Systemic neuroviral diseases, such as multiple sclerosis (as part of a comprehensive treatment).
- Urogenital infections.
The spectrum of action of Ergoferon is slightly different from the previous drug. They treat him:
- Viral intestinal infections.
- Tick-borne encephalitis.
- Herpes viral infections (chickenpox, infectious mononucleosis, ingenious herpes, herpes zoster).
- It is used to prevent complications and in the treatment of bacterial infections (whooping cough, pneumonia).