It would be incorrect to unequivocally state which of the drugs would be the best for a particular person. In the fight against nicotine addiction, each of them provides its own principle of exposure and dissimilar composition. Therefore, treatment should be carried out individually and according to one’s own preferences.
Tabex is most often resorted to by those who are already mentally disposed to abandon a bad habit. If the smoker is not ready, then Champix can pull him out of the web of tobacco dependence.
Sooner or later, in the life of every heavy smoker there comes a moment when he begins to think about an early parting with this addiction. But the physiological dependence is sometimes so strong that not many people manage to overcome it on their own. And here nicotine replacement therapy comes to the rescue, which will certainly guarantee a positive result. Modern pharmaceuticals offers a wide range of products, among which the Champix and Tabex drugs demonstrate high effectiveness in combating nicotine addiction.
The development and production of this medication was carried out by German experts, making the active substance of the drug acetylcholine. Being an antagonist of nicotine supplements, it actively affects the receptors of certain brain structures. As a result, the craving for tobacco products is gradually dulled in the cigarette man and the expected satisfaction is completely blocked. At the same time, there is no need to abruptly refuse cigarettes, it is important only to gradually reduce their number.
The course of treatment, which lasts 12 months, does not imply any restrictions on the diet, which allows not to reduce the number of meals. Each dose, which from time to time needs to be increased, should be washed down with a copious amount of liquid. In case of sensations that it is not possible to quit smoking with tablets, it is not advisable to suddenly abandon the drug. It is better to do this gradually, dispensing with the minimum dosage. Such a measure will minimize the risk of developing stressful conditions.
Bulgaria is engaged in the production of the drug. Providing a nicotine- replacing effect occurs due to the homeopathic component of the drug – cytisine – an alkaloid of plant origin. The latter actively stops the physical craving for smoking, exerting an irritating effect on those brain receptors that give pleasure from an addiction.
Taking each new pill is accompanied by the sensation of a newly smoked cigarette. Thus, the smoker has an overdose of tobacco syndrome, as if he did not stop smoking a cigarette after a cigarette. Ultimately, this condition leads to the formation of aversion to nicotine and its subsequent exclusion from life.
What is common between Champix and Tabex?
Relieving smoking cessation is not the only characteristic that combines these drugs. Their pharmaceutical “kinship” is observed in the following:
- Both medicines can be taken without first consulting a doctor. In pharmacies, each of them is dispensed without a prescription. Meanwhile, the recommendations of a narcologist will never be redundant.
- Manufacturers have taken care not only of the quality side of their product, but also of the convenience of its use. In order to avoid confusion with the dosage and the number of doses, special notches were made on the tablets, blisters and packaging of both medicines.
- Any of the drugs to the same extent inevitably provokes the occurrence of side effects. Headache, nausea, insomnia, and dry mouth are some of them. However, do not be anxious, as soon as the body adapts, all symptoms disappear without a trace.
- Champix and Tabex help fight only physiological dependence. Obviously, if you do not eliminate the psychological craving for smoking, then all attempts to once and for all end the bad habit will be futile. Before starting treatment with pills, a person must firmly decide to leave a cigarette.
To make a choice in favor of one of the medicines, it is necessary to carefully analyze their distinctive features, the fundamental of which are the quality and cost of the tablets, as well as the duration and complexity of the therapeutic course.
- Course duration. Tabex is limited to 25 days. Meanwhile, the period of treatment with Champix is 12 months. Moreover, to consolidate the result, it is recommended to extend it by 1.5-2 years, which can guarantee a more stable result, which can not be avoided, for example, for a smoker with a long experience.
- Price. According to the instructions, a full course of Tabex therapy involves the use of about 84 tablets. But it is important to take into account one nuance: if during the first 3 days the need for smoking cigarettes has not decreased, then the pill should be stopped, again resuming it after 3-3.5 months. Packs of 100 tablets are on sale. Their cost reaches 1000-1200 rubles. Due to the fact that often you have to repeat the course, and even more than once, the financial costs of their acquisition can increase significantly. Since Champix treatment involves a gradual increase in dosage, three types of packages are on sale. The “starting” includes 11 tablets of 0.5 mg and 14 tablets of 1 mg. To continue therapy, packages of 112 pills of 1 mg are provided. And the final option is with 28 pills of 1 mg. If you can find the drug at the lowest price, then the entire drug course will cost an average of 5700 rubles.
- Quality. Comparing drugs by price and duration of administration, the Tabex remains the palm. But it is the duration of therapy that allows Champix to get around his opponent. These pills not only fight physical cravings for tobacco, but also neutralize withdrawal symptoms. Reducing the manifestations of Champix withdrawal symptoms simultaneously improves the general condition of the body. Compared to Tabex, it has fewer contraindications. So, it is forbidden to accept persons under the age of 18 and pregnant women. Meanwhile, the use of Tabex is unacceptable for atherosclerosis, tachycardia, angina pectoris, during lactation, pre-infarction and post-infarction state.