The presented medications are used for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. They are quite safe means and practically do not cause adverse reactions. Allowed to children, pregnant women under the supervision of a doctor. Both have domestic production, are available in tablet form.
These drugs do not belong to the same pharmacological group, are not analogues and have different indications for use. Therefore, the replacement of one product with another will not be appropriate. Allochol is more used for pathologies of the liver and gall bladder, acts as a choleretic agent. Pancreatin is often used to improve digestion, with stomach discomfort after eating heavy food.
Another difference is their composition. Allohol is a completely natural drug, consists of components of plant origin. Pancreatin is a synthetic agent.
Doctors often recommend the combined use of these drugs. This combination is effective in chronic inflammation of the pancreas with concomitant cholecystitis, in violation of the digestive system caused by problems with the liver. Also, joint therapy may be required after removal of the gallbladder and other surgical interventions.
Despite the fact that both drugs are safe, taking without a doctor’s prescription is not recommended. This can cause significant harm to the body. First you need to find the cause of the unpleasant symptoms, go through all the necessary examinations, and then get treatment recommendations. Also, do not forget that the therapy with the presented drugs is possible only in the case of a chronic course of the disease. In acute pathologies, other means are used.
Disturbances from the digestive system are very common, causing a person discomfort and a lot of inconvenience. This can be due to malnutrition, chronic, hereditary diseases, as well as for many other reasons. To improve the digestive system, various drugs are used.
Among the abundance of drugs in the pharmaceutical market, it is difficult to choose truly effective drugs. On the positive side, Allochol and Pancreatin have proven themselves.
Characterization of the drug Allohol
It is a choleretic drug of plant origin, which reduces putrefactive processes in the intestine. It enhances the secretion of digestive juice, the production of bile, improves the motor activity of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract. It is dispensed in the form of film-coated tablets.
Active substances include:
- Dried cattle bile – improves secretory function of the liver.
- Garlic extract – improves motility.
- Activated carbon – removes toxins.
- Nettle leaf extract – has a choleretic and anti-inflammatory effect.
Indications for use are:
- Diffuse liver damage with a concomitant inflammatory process of the chronic stage.
- Inflammation of the bile ducts.
- Inflammation of the gallbladder, characterized by a violation of the secretion of bile.
- Dyskinesia of the choleretic tract.
- Loss of colon tone, leading to a violation of its basic functions.
- Pathologies that occur after removal of the gallbladder.
The main contraindications are:
- Increased susceptibility to components.
- The presence of stones.
- Obstructive jaundice.
- Hepatitis or acute pancreatitis.
- Peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum.
- Acute or subacute dystrophy of the liver.
This medication rarely has a negative effect on the body and is tolerated by patients quite easily. Allowed to pregnant women, children from the age of seven. Sometimes there are cases of allergic reactions, diarrhea. When these signs are strengthened, you should stop taking it, telling your doctor about it.
It is necessary to take after meals, one or two tablets several times a day, washed down with plenty of clean water. The course of treatment lasts about a month, a repeat is carried out after 3 months.
Characterization of the drug Pancreatin
It is a drug that improves digestion. Thanks to the incoming components, it facilitates the digestion of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, which ensures their complete absorption. It is available in the form of enteric-coated tablets.
Indications for use include:
- Chronic pancreatitis.
- Violation of secretory activity from the digestive system.
- Dystrophic pathologies of the stomach, liver, intestines, gall bladder.
- Postoperative recovery with concomitant difficulty in digesting food, violation of the stool, bloating.
- Chewing function failure.
- Error in nutrition in patients with normal functioning of the digestive system.
- The preparatory phase before the X-ray, ultrasound.
Contraindicated in pancreatitis in the acute stage, as well as in case of individual intolerance of the constituent substances. Pregnant women should be taken with caution under the supervision of a doctor, as in this case, safety has not been studied enough. Experimental studies have revealed that this drug does not have a negative effect on the fetus.
During administration, side effects are extremely rare. In people with hypersensitivity, the following can sometimes occur:
- Violation of the stool, discomfort, nausea.
- Skin rash.
- An increase in uric acid.
- Irritation around the anus (in children).
These symptoms occur when exceeding the allowable dosage, as well as with excessively long-term use.