The considered drugs belong to one pharmacological group of funds intended for the restoration of damaged skin areas. Promote rapid regeneration, eliminate itching, redness, swelling. Are allowed for use by pregnant, lactating women. Used to treat diaper rash and diaper dermatitis in infants. They are safe means, practically do not cause adverse reactions. They have the same price category – from 350 to 700 rubles, depending on the volume and form of release. Approved for sale without a doctor’s prescription.
In addition to these similarities, there are some distinguishing features between them. The main ones include:
- Composition. Preparations contain various active and auxiliary components. Sudocrem includes zinc oxide, and dexpanthenol is the active substance of Bepanten.
- The mechanism of work. Due to the content of different substances, the effect on the body may vary.
- Release form. Sudokrem is available only in the form of a cream, the analogue is supplemented with the form of ointment, lotion, lip balm.
- Country of origin. The first drug is produced in the Netherlands, the second is a domestic product.
Both drugs are in great demand, having proved themselves on the positive side. This is confirmed by numerous reviews of people using these drugs. The choice will depend on the problem. If skin damage is caused by a fungus, then Sudokrem is the best option. For infections, as well as cracks in the mammary glands, it is recommended to give preference to Bepanten.
Despite the fact that the funds are safe and rarely cause side effects, it is necessary to apply with great care. In the absence of a therapeutic effect for a long time, as well as with an aggravation of the clinical picture, it is urgent to consult a doctor.
Irritation of the skin is quite common. This phenomenon is common not only among adults, but also toddlers. In order to accelerate regeneration, to reduce unpleasant symptoms, it is necessary to use special means aimed at these purposes. Sudokrem and Bepanten are very popular.
Characteristics of the drug Sudokrem
It is a dermatoprotective agent intended for the treatment of skin diseases. Active components contribute to the restoration of the epidermis, eliminate inflammatory processes. In addition, concomitant symptoms are removed in the form of itching, swelling, redness. With it, contraction, drying of the wounds occurs, the healing of damaged tissues is accelerated.
It has the following properties:
The active substance is zinc oxide, lanolin, benzyl alcohol, benzyl benzoate. Auxiliary components include paraffin, water, wax, lavender oil, citric acid. It can be used not only for therapeutic purposes, but also to prevent damage. Available in the form of a cream for external use.
Indications for use include:
- Atopic dermatitis.
- Irritation of the skin of the child in the groin.
- Allergic manifestations in children, adults.
- Acne, blackheads and other forms of skin rashes.
- Wounds, cuts, abrasions.
- Dermatosis of various etiologies.
- Frostbite of the first degree.
The tool has virtually no contraindications. Allowed to pregnant, lactating women. For babies it is used as a treatment for diaper rash, redness from diapers. An exception is individual intolerance to the components, as well as purulent skin lesions.
Among the side effects, the appearance of allergic reactions, rashes, itching. Before use, it is recommended to do an allergy test.
Characteristics of the drug Bepanten
It is a medicine for external use, contributing to the improvement of cell nutrition and the regeneration of damaged tissues. Penetrating into skin cells, the active substance is rapidly converted into vitamin B5, which is an important element in the formation, healing of damaged areas. Stimulates the restoration of the epidermis of the skin, normalizes cell metabolism. It has rapid absorption, excreted unchanged from the body. Available in the form of ointment, cream, lotion, lip balm.
The following indications for use are distinguished:
- Violation of the integrity of the skin, including sunburn, shallow skin damage (scratches, abrasions, as well as defects resulting from loss of elasticity).
- Prevention, treatment of dry skin, including dermatitis of various etiologies.
- Daily care for those areas of the skin that are most affected by external factors (face, hands).
- Cracks, redness on the mammary glands that arose during lactation.
- Inflammation of skin folds, diaper dermatitis in infants.
Contraindications include increased susceptibility to incoming components. Allowed during pregnancy, as well as during breastfeeding.
Allergic reactions occur extremely rarely. Before applying, it is recommended to make a test on the bend of the elbow.
The product is applied externally, up to two times a day, rubbing slightly. For breast care, use after each feeding. Infants are applied after each diaper change.
Approved for use without a doctor’s prescription form.