The medicines in question belong to the same pharmacological group of antifungal agents and are analogues of each other. They are used to treat vaginal infections and have a similar effect on the body. Both funds are intended for local use, are available in the same dosage form. The tablets are injected into the vagina, before use it is recommended to soak for some time in water.
Despite the similar characteristics presented, there are some distinguishing features between them:
- Composition. This is their main difference, as they include different active substances.
- Scope. Terzhinan is admissible under the supervision of a doctor during pregnancy and breastfeeding. The use of Elzhina in such cases is not allowed.
- Country of origin. Terzhinan is available in France; its analogue is a domestic drug.
- Price category. The cost of French tablets is about 500 rubles per pack. A Russian product can be purchased for 380 rubles.
It’s hard to say which is better. Both products are highly effective and have proven themselves on the good side. This is confirmed by the numerous positive reviews of patients who underwent treatment with these medicines.
A competent specialist should prescribe such medicines, self-administration is not permissible. Joint treatment with these medicines is also prohibited. If the first unpleasant symptoms occur, consult a gynecologist. He will carry out the necessary analyzes, according to the results of which he will be able to choose a treatment regimen for each individually, depending on age, body characteristics. This will allow you to cure the pathology in time, avoiding the adverse effects. Do not forget that both partners leading a joint sex life should undergo treatment at the same time.
Therapeutic treatment of diseases in the field of gynecology requires an integrated approach using various means. It includes taking antibiotics, as well as anti-fungal drugs, the most common of which are Terzhinan and Elzhina. This article will tell about their features, the main similarities and differences, having familiarized with which, everyone will be able to determine which of them is better to choose.
Characteristics of the drug Terzhinan
It is a combined medication used for topical use in the field of gynecology. Helps to eliminate pathogenic bacteria and infections caused by simple microorganisms, destroys fungi, relieves inflammation, and has anti-allergenic effect. Thanks to the combination of active ingredients, a powerful antifungal effect occurs. Available in the form of vaginal tablets.
The main indications for use are:
- The inflammatory process in the vaginal mucosa caused by a sharp increase in opportunistic bacteria.
- Vaginal trichomoniasis.
- Prevention of urinary tract infections before surgery, before childbirth, abortion, cauterization of the cervix, before or after the establishment of an intrauterine device, as well as before instrumental diagnostics.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to active or auxiliary components. Use with caution in the first trimester of pregnancy, as well as during breastfeeding under the strict supervision of a doctor if the therapeutic benefit exceeds the potential danger to the baby. From the second trimester, use is possible without fear.
Side effects occur extremely rarely, the drug is tolerated quite calmly. Allergic reactions, burning sensation, itching, or irritation can sometimes occur. As a rule, these symptoms disappear on their own, drug withdrawal is not required. With increased unpleasant symptoms, you should inform your doctor about this.
The average duration of treatment is 10 days. With confirmation of mycosis, the period can be increased up to 20 days. Use for preventive purposes – no more than 6 days. In case of infectious lesions, both sexual partners should be treated. With menstruation, discontinuation of therapy is not allowed.
Characteristic of the drug Elzhina
It is a topical preparation widely used in gynecology. Provides antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antifungal, antiprotozoal effects on the body. The mechanism of work is to suppress synthesis, damage to the cellular structure of pathogens. In addition, there is a rapid removal of burning, itching and other unpleasant symptoms caused by pathogenic microorganisms. Available in oblong vaginal tablets.
It is indicated for the following diseases:
- The inflammatory process in the vagina caused by cocci bacteria.
- Inflammation of the external genitalia.
- Infection caused by microscopic yeast and other infectious microorganisms.
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system.
- Violation of the process of formation, development of blood cells.
- The period of bearing a child.
- Breastfeeding (if necessary, lactation should be stopped).
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
- High sensitivity to components.
Caution should be taken with liver pathologies, alcoholism.
During the therapeutic process, unwanted side effects may occur:
- The rapid development of local edema of the mucous membrane.
- Nettle fever.
- Inflammation of the skin.
- Dry vagina, irritation.
After increasing side effects, it is necessary to inform the attending physician about this.