Migraine is one of the most common diseases of our time. This disease though is not dangerous and lethal, but brings a lot of discomfort and affects quality of life.
The main problem of any attacks are wrong actions patients. Traditional is the use of analgesic analgesic drugs. But such measures give only short-term effect and soon the pain is back. Sometimes analgesics can even increase the symptoms and worsen the overall condition.
What is triptan
At the end of the XIX century was synthesized, several drugs based on derivatives of serotonin, which to this day are the most effective against migraine.
Triptan migraine is the name for a group of drugs based on serotonin, which are selective agonists of 5 HT 18/D-receptors. They effectively constrict the dilated cerebral vessels. Drugs act on the bases of the kernel and receptors of the trigeminal nerve, which reduces sensitivity to pain.
Apply them as recommended during attacks or aura (before seizure), and for prevention. Besides these tools effectively remove all the additional symptoms such as nausea, sensitivity to light and noise.
The principle of operation of triptanov
The list of drugs is quite broad and their structure and operation is virtually identical, but noticed a pattern – efficacy is quite an individual. Some patients only helps one or two tools, while others absolutely fit all. Therefore, when buying drugs is a preference based on personal experience. And if a specific drug is not having the desired effect, it is best to buy another after visiting the doctor. Equally effective as sprays and pills.
- Direct impact on mucous membranes of the vessel walls, causing their contraction. This decreases pain.
- The main active substance triptanov have high selectivity – they only affect vessels with the dural sheath, and ignore the peripheral and coronary vessels;
- They reduce the overall sensitivity to pain by blocking receptors in the spinal nucleus of the ternary nerve;
- Effective struggling with adverse symptoms – nausea, vomiting, photophobia and soukoban.
Tripcony passed numerous clinical trials and proved its efficacy and 65% of patients, which far exceeds that of all other treatments hemicrania. A list of suggested in our pharmacies means is wide enough – more than ten positions, which differ mainly in price.
List of triptanov
|The trade name of the drug||Release form||International
|Dosage mg.||The maximum daily dose mg.|
|Imigran||pills||sumatriptan||50 and 100||300|
|Sumatriptan||pills||sumatriptan||50 and 100||300|
|Repined||pills||sumatriptan||50 and 100||300|
|Amigrenin||pills||sumatriptan||50 and 100||300|
|Sumamigren||pills||sumatriptan||50 and 100||300|
|Raping||pills||Zolmitriptan||2.5 and 5||10|
The use of triptanov
Take the medication should be no later than two hours after the beginning of pain. If the pain begins slowly and gradually – at first you can take General analgesics, and only after amplification of pain make triptan. If the patient klassificeret symptoms such as migraine – then you can combine triptan with domperidone and metoclopramide, which belong to the class of prokinetics.
It should be remembered that the pills should be taken in severe pain and sprays are suitable for preventive methods to distinct complications in the form of nausea and vomiting.
Says most of the patients, after taking pills for two days again the pain returned. In this case, it is necessary to take another pill again. But not earlier than 2 hours after the first and not exceeding the daily dosage. If the pain returns, but not very strong, it is better to take any analgesic.
Recipe headache migraine
- Take a pill of acetylsalicylic acid and tablet motillium, then drink a Cup of sweet coffee;
- After 45 minutes, if symptoms have not gone to take capsule triptan of your choice;
- If the attack is back, you should take one tablet of aspirin. If after three gains the aspirin didn’t help – take 1 tablet of triptan, so as not to exceed the daily dose;
- If the migraine is accompanied by aura, take aspirin at the first symptoms, and triptan migraine should be taken immediately after the headache begins.
In severe cases, when the standard scheme is not helping, you should consult a doctor. It will be comprehensive of the drugs. This will help to achieve high efficiency in a short time.
Restrictions on use of triptanov:
- These drugs can be taken regularly, but no longer than 10 consecutive days within one month;
- The optimal number is two parties in one week. To apply them is often only in severe forms of the disease;
- The maximum duration of taking analgesics to 15 days;
- Coronary heart disease;
- Circulatory disorders of the brain;
- Individual intolerance to the components;
- Kidney failure;
- Liver disease;
- Arterial hypertension;
- With great care should be taken drugs for pregnant and lactating women.
As shown by clinical research and practice, this group of drugs is very well tolerated by patients. Side effects are extremely rare, and in most cases disappear after four hours after ingestion.
The most common such effects:
- Dizziness, numbness, somnolence, sensations of heat, increased or reduced sensitivity, asthenia;
- Dry mouth, nausea, stomach pain, diarrhea, ischemic colitis, infarction of the spleen and intestine;
- Myalgia, muscle weakness;
- Angina, myocardia, myocardial infarction, palpitations;
- Polyuria, frequent urination;
- Urticaria, angioedema, anaphylactic shock.
Often these symptoms are transient and disappear within four hours. For reproduction they occur in very rare cases. Overdose triptone expressed high blood pressure.
But to avoid serious side effects, take these medications after consultation with a doctor.
Interaction with other drugs
Triptan very well interact with other drugs. In combination with analgesics, both General and highly specialized, gives the best results.
They are neutral to the bulk of any drugs, but still combining them is not recommended:
- Anti-fungal means;
- Antiviral drugs;
Despite the fact that this group of drugs has been known for over a hundred years, our country range of application is rather narrow. One of the reasons for this is that it was held insufficient laboratory research, and the cost of this group of drugs is quite high. In this regard, before you begin taking any new medicine please consult with an experienced doctor that will help you to choose a specific drug, the dosage administered will be a map of reception.