When it comes to a child with attention deficit disorder and hyperactivity – most people imagine the obnoxious boy who doesn’t listen and climbs everywhere. About the girl that had many friends, and that does well, think only those who are intimately acquainted with such girls.
Meanwhile, ADHD is found not only in male children. The main manifestation of this development disorder – inattention, hyperactivity and impulsivity. In children the diagnosis is getting three times more boys than girls, but adult men and women diagnosed with ADHD are equally likely – thus, in girls, the disorder often goes unnoticed.
It can be dangerous, as in the long term ADHD can cause the development of mental disorders or other problems, such as questionable, risky behavior, poor academic performance, low self-esteem.
Meadow Schroeder (Schroeder Meadow) from the University of calgary (University of Calgary, Canada) offers to pay attention to the following 14 signs of ADHD in girls:
- It’s too long makes the lessons much longer than necessary. She is easily distracted or just forget about homework and the result finished it late at night.
- She is studying inefficiently spent on knowledge acquisition efforts are not consistent.
- She’s got a bad reading comprehension – she sees the facts, but can not reveal the relationship between different ideas in the text. She misses important details while reading the introduction to the tests.
- It is difficult to make friends because she’s not too good in social interactions. It can be a pariah or laughing stock among his peers.
- She always forgets her things like spare shoes or pens and pencils. This may go unnoticed if there are people around that are ready to share.
- She often puts things not in place.
- She is constantly talking. Constantly.
- She runs and climbs everywhere, as the boys, but readily called at the request of the teacher, and loves during their performance (and fun) to chat with classmates.
- In contrast, paragraph 4 – she may have many friends, but when she tries to organize them, for example, for the game – it is not for her, she can’t decide what to do, and irritated. To make decisions help her friends who are also looking for her things and trying to make it more organized.
- She has a lot of projects, but she doesn’t bring them to the end.
- She is constantly late, not on time to prepare for exit.
- She clings to any extracurricular activity in order to lose energy.
- She did not seem to learn from their mistakes.
- She observed the constant mood swings, she builds Napoleonic plans and it is happy, and the next second totally depressed because of someone else’s phrase, adopted her for criticism.