Doctors in most cases prescribe nasal sprays and drops. Over time, these drugs are addictive and cease to have effect. Traditional medicines this effect have not, and will not only strengthen the circulatory system, but also have a restorative effect.
The most popular methods of treatment of rhinitis is a dripping nose of any substance. In pharmacies sold a lot of vasoconstrictor drugs, which in addition to killing microbes and beneficial bacteria. After this therapy nasopharynx dried, which provokes the development of diseases: from dryness of nasal membranes to the loss of ability to spontaneous breathing through the nose.
In the treatment at home apply:
- lavage of the sinuses;
- instillation of the nose;
- massaging the sinuses;
- treatment with medicines.
How to treat vasomotor rhinitis at home?
For the diagnosis of “vasomotor rhinitis” visit is required consultation and testing. This form of rhinitis, in contrast to allergic to treat. Moreover, it is possible to cure vasomotor rhinitis in the comfort of your own home.
The traditional method of treatment is the use of tablets and sprays and rinsing and inhalation. The effects of the drugs will be more, if possible visits to physiotherapy.
If you wondered how to safely cure vasomotor rhinitis, folk remedies in the treatment of this diagnosis is able to compete with pharmaceutical drugs. In contrast to medicines that have short-term effects, prescriptions, alternative medicine aimed at a gradual restoration of the natural functions of the membranes of the nose.
Kalanchoe juice is used as a fresh or as a decoction. Allowed adults and children.
The main treatment is symptomatic and aimed at getting rid of discomfort and reduction of exacerbations of the disease in the future. Complete cure is possible to achieve not always. To consolidate the results of treatment vasomotor rhinitis at home you need to follow a healthy way of life, to toughen up and do breathing exercises.
When choosing methods of treatment, make sure that no allergies and remember that all procedure should be done regularly and not from time to time.
In folk medicine, there are a large number of methods that can eliminate swelling and relieve discomfort in the nose.
When vasomotor rhinitis treatment of folk remedies occurs using the following recipes:
- Birch juice and honey. In a glass of hot water needed to dissolve one teaspoon of honey. Such water should be washing 2-3 times a day. To do this, tilt your head sideways and pour the product in the upper nostril. The same should be repeated on the other side. Then a cotton swab dipped in birch juice, processed inner surface of the nose. To collect birch SAP in the spring you need. For long term storage it should be frozen. In this state it can be stored for a year.
- Oil fir. Fir oil should be diluted with water in proportion 1:1. So the solution to produce the instillation with a pipette of 1-2 drops in each turbinate during nasal congestion.
- Massage. Massaging the turbinates improves circulation and strengthens blood vessels. To enhance the effect, you can use the balm “Asterisk”.
- Kalanchoe, and sea buckthorn. The leaves of Kalanchoe should be grated and squeeze the juice. The resulting liquid is diluted with water in proportion 1:1 and bury the nose. In each nostril should get a few drops. When applied perhaps sneezing. Due to this is getting rid of mucus and allergens. Then buries 1 drop of sea buckthorn oil to soothe the mucous membrane.
- Garlic, sunflower oil and carrots. In equal proportions mix the heated vegetable oil, juice, garlic and carrots. Prepared composition should be instilled 1-2 drops into each nostril. This procedure should be repeated every 3-4 hours. The shelf life of the composition 12 hours. So every day you need to cook fresh. The essence of the method is that the oil soothes the membranes of the nose, the carrot helps to reduce inflammation, while garlic has a bactericidal effect.
In addition to the treatment of vasomotor rhinitis folk remedies it is important to follow the diet. You must avoid foods that increase mucus. They are sweet and fresh-milk products.
When medication treatment vasomotor rhinitis use medications of various pharmaceutical groups. This is mainly used for irrigation of the mucous membranes of the sinuses.
Important! Having received the appointment from the doctor on the use of vasoconstrictor drops, many people forget that they can be used only to relieve the acute condition. The rate of application should not take longer than 5 days. During chronic stage of such treatment only aggravates the condition. After getting used to the drug vessels of the nose lose the ability to shrink yourself.
For the treatment of chronic vasomotor rhinitis use:
- Sprays and nose drops with hormones (Nasonex, Flixonase, Aldecin). These drugs are aimed at reducing the edema, reduce the amount of produced mucus and reduce the influence of the allergen. After consultation with the doctor may prescription children.
- Drops and pills that increase immunity (Derinat, Anaferon, I have). These medicines are aimed at strengthening the immune system and improve blood circulation.
- Drops containing silver (Argolife, Sialor). Silver has disinfecting effect.
When exacerbations are assigned antihistamines to relieve swelling: Zyrtec, Suprastin, Cetirizine. To strengthen the tone of blood vessels Ascorutinum doctors prescribe and vitamin complexes.Lavage of the sinuses uses Dolphin, sea water and saline.
Important! When vasomotor rhinitis in pregnant – self is forbidden! The use of antibacterial drugs and vasoconstrictive drops may be the cause of fetal abnormalities.
Rinsing and inhalation
Lavage is one of the most effective methods of treatment vasomotor rhinitis at home. Often it is much more effective than others. For the procedure it is possible to use pharmaceutical compositions (Akvamaris, Dolphin, and other means) or to make herbal decoction.
To prepare the broth should brew in a Cup of boiling water 3 teaspoons of calendula. Let stand 1 hour. This infusion should do the washing of the sinuses 3-4 times a day. If calendula not, you can use chamomile or sage.
Infusion of calendula can be used both for inhalation and for nasal lavage
Equally effective washing procedure on the basis of salt. Half a litre of water dilute 1 tea spoon of sea or table salt.
Inhalation with vasomotor rhinitis has a good result. For the procedure you will need the nebulizer or container where you can pour the solution for inhalation (pan, large deep dish).
When inhaled from a nebulizer, you can cure not only cold, but also diseases of the bronchi. Unlike medical drugs, which can be used in precise dosage and for a limited time, when pulmonary vasomotor rhinitis safer and more efficient.
The most effective with the use of essential oils. In hot water you have to add 3-4 drops of silver fir oil, or eucalyptus and breathe in the steam for 5-10 minutes. Essential oil help to relieve inflammation and reduce swelling. For ease of inhalation, you can purchase a nebulizer.
You can use medications aimed at thinning nasal mucus. These include Mucosolvan, Ambrobene and saline.
Caution in the treatment of
When vasomotor rhinitis treatment at home should be carried out rationally. It is important to remember the following points:
- Don’t use medicinal herbs for allergies.
- Inhalation is prohibited at an elevated temperature.
- During the massage, not intensively to put pressure on the turbinate and maxillary sinus. Due to the fact that the weakened blood vessels, can cause bleeding.
- Uncontrolled use of vasoconstrictive drugs will only aggravate the situation.
- Treatment of pregnant women is possible only medication prescribed by a doctor.