Dry cough, which does not depart from the sputum is most often triggered by irritation of the larynx and respiratory tract. This unpleasant symptom caused due to inflammatory diseases, mostly catarrhal nature.
Producer produced by the bronchi, with this cough does not depart and gradually accumulates in the Airways, making it difficult passage of air and exacerbating the patient’s condition. Besides from dry cough inflamed organs become irritated even more, causing the cough may be accompanied by pain.
A dry cough cannot be left without treatment, because this symptom can provoke swelling of the vocal cords or even suffocation. Most often doctors prescribe a special syrups and tablets that suppress the cough center or to facilitate the exit of phlegm from the bronchi and lungs, depending on the diagnosis.
Do effective folk remedy for dry cough?
To quickly get rid of dry cough can be accompanied by treatment using simple and popular recipes.
It is important to remember that these methods are not a substitute for a drug therapy, but is perfect as a support, accelerating the treatment manipulation.
Before you choose from common folk recipes should consult with your doctor on the subject of rational add-on therapy with such actions. Many recipes are based on the use of natural resources. If there is a risk of Allergy, the use of popular tools is not desirable.
Using any of the classic medical methods of getting rid of dry cough need to strictly comply with all rules of their application, to avoid additional injury.
There are several popular methods for the early get rid of non-productive cough:
- massages and rubbing;
- warm compresses and baths;
- recipes homemade medicines.
Depending on the diagnosis, medication treatment and progression you can use any of the methods after consulting with a doctor.
None of these recipes cannot be used for asthma and bronchospasm, used as natural ingredients can provoke an allergic reaction and severely reduce the patient’s condition.
Inhalation for dry cough
Inhalation way of dealing with a dry cough, based on the inhalation of heated vapor, enriched with essential oils or other active substances. Steam helps to relieve irritation of the throat, to facilitate expectoration of sputum. High temperature softens the substrate of the lung and excretes it naturally.
This files most often at home inhalation is performed in the following manner: over a saucepan of heated substance, the patient tilts her head, covers her with a towel so that it completely covered my head, shoulders and pot, not missing the cold air. After this, the patient in 10-15 minutes breathing deeply saturated wet steam.
The most popular are the following types of inhalations:
- Couple of boiled potatoes. Roots peeled and boiled in unsalted water. Then the liquid is drained, the patient inhales the steam coming from boiled potatoes.
- A solution of soda. To 150 ml of boiling water diluted with 30 g of sodium carbonate. Breathe deeply, but slowly and gently to alkaline pairs is not provoked even more severe. Soda inhalation, inhalation helps soften the phlegm and withdraw it from the bronchi.
- The inhalation of vegetable and essential oils. In hot water is added the oil of sage, eucalyptus, mint or any coniferous tree, after which the procedure is performed in the usual way. Essential oils have strong antiseptic, expectorant and anti-inflammatory effects and also help moisturize the dried inflammation of the mucous membranes. Method is quite dangerous for people with allergies also have an untrained person the first time after inhalation can be a fit of severe coughing.
- The vapours of decoctions of medicinal herbs. Suitable for those who can not breathe fumes inhalation, prepared directly from the essential oil and water. Preparing a standard decoction of herbs that have antiseptic and expectorant properties (sage, chamomile, mint, rose hips), after which the patient slowly breathes hot steam, saturated active substances introduced in the process of boiling plants in water.
Massages and rubbing with dry cough
Therapeutic principle of these methods is based on the gradual warming of the skin under the palms and the penetration of active substances under the top layer of the epidermis under the action of heat. Rubbing any of the popular mixtures in a circular motion in the upper thorax area. This procedure is carried out as a rule before going to sleep. After the massage, warm bundle up and try to go to sleep.
Depending on the selected for grinding a substance of the following ways rubbing:
- Honey massage from dry cough. For this method you need to use only natural honey, containing in the structure a complex of nutrients that are beneficial acting on the human body. Before using the honey is slightly heated to better distribute the body and absorbed into the skin.
- Massage with the fat badger. To get the fat badger in modern conditions is possible only in pharmacies, where it is sold in special tubes. The tool is popular since ancient times, is considered a reliable way not only to get rid of a dry cough, but also to strengthen the immune system because it contained the badger fat useful components.
- Rubbing with camphor oil. Used to translate a dry cough as wet. Massaged not only the chest and back, as well as the feet.
Warm compresses and baths with dry cough
Warm baths are shown only in those cases when the body is already coping with disease and a dry cough is a residual symptom.
Compresses can be applied in the acute phase of the disease. They tap you on the chest. In preparing a compress, it is important to remember that its purpose is to heat the desired area of the body and not leave a burn on the skin.
Exposure to elevated temperatures has a beneficial effect on the lungs and bronchi, making breathing easier, enhancing blood flow and promotes better expectoration of mucus, clogging the Airways.
The most popular methods such as:
- Mustard bath for the feet. Used in cases where the patient is not observed elevated body temperature. The water is heated to 30-40 degrees, after which it is diluted a few tablespoons of mustard. In the resulting solution lower legs and perform the procedure within an hour. After this time, feet wrapped with a blanket or wear thick wool socks.
- Mustard. There are several ways of gluing of mustard for dry cough: chest, back, calves and feet. After the strike was imposed, the area with a compress wrapped in a blanket and keep as much as you can tolerate the patient himself, as these packs are known for their fairly rapid heating.
- A hot compress of the vegetables. For their preparation using potatoes or cabbage. Fresh vegetable blender crush into a puree, adding to facilitate the formation of compress med. Thereafter the obtained slurry to form a cake, wrap in cellophane, then in a thin towel. A poultice applied to the chest of the patient. The method is remarkable in that the slurry from the vegetable cools down gradually, and hence, can be on the chest of the patient all night.
Folk remedy for dry cough for internal use
Many people remember a large number of different drugs that was prepared by our grandmothers simple and affordable means.
Depending on taste preferences and individual tolerance of ingredients, you can choose one of the following effective popular recipes from dry cough:
- A solution of salt and soda. In half Cup of warm water diluted in half a teaspoon of salt and soda and drink the resulting solution slowly SIPS 2 times a day.
- Fresh cabbage juice has long been used in the fight against dry cough and throat irritation. For the greater good and to make it more pleasant to drink, sometimes in it add a teaspoon of honey.
- Tea viburnum or rose hips. Both of these berries contain a high dose of tannins and also pectin, carotene, beneficial acting on the respiratory organs. Large amounts of vitamin C, which is rich in cranberry and rosehips help to strengthen the natural defenses and contribute to immune suppression of pathogenic microorganisms. No less useful are the decoction of raspberry, cranberry, lingonberry, black currant, marshmallow root, licorice and leaves mother and stepmother. Dry cough as well helps not only tea, but a warm drink and rich beneficial trace elements berries.
- Some patients prefer to deal with a dry cough with mixture of lemon, honey and glycerin in equal proportions. This medication must be infused for several hours, after which it is taken orally 3 times a day. With the help of this mixture it is easy to eliminate itching and burning in the throat and Airways, provoking attacks of dry cough. Honey and lemon help the body to fight diseases and provide additional antibacterial action.
- Honey with olive oil. Is taken by such means is very simple: 1 tablespoon of no sugar natural honey drip 6-7 drops of olive oil and taken orally. If desired, you can drink warm water.
- Black radish with honey. The most popular method of getting rid of dry cough. Thoroughly washed radish cut closer to the place where once grew the tops, making a recess on the inside to make a kind of vegetable “pot with lid”. Then in the hole put the honey, cover cut part of the radish and leave the root to steep for days. Released from the radish liquid, mixed with chalk, take 1 teaspoon three times a day. After each report the honey in the cavity, which can be gradually expanded. This tool is rich in vitamins, minerals, pectin and active substances. It is not only good relieves dry cough, but also significantly strengthens the immune system.
Taking any home remedies dry cough need to carefully monitor the condition. For any signs of deterioration, discontinue use the drug and consult a doctor.