Human urine is a solution, including dozens of chemical compounds, including salts. In the various States of an organism creates favorable conditions for the deposition of salts in the sediment. As a result, the crystals appear in the urine (crystalluria). If salts are diagnosed once, and when re-testing is not detected, no need to worry.
With a significant excess of the norms of a continuing nature should take the necessary measures mandatory. This is often an indication of kidney disease, the formation of concretions, disorders of the liver and other organs. To prevent serious complications, it is crucial to identify pathology, to take the necessary measures for her treatment.
Causes and types of entities in urine
The salt crystals in the urine are often found on the innocuous reasons. To contribute to this eating habits, lifestyle, physical activity. Usually the condition does not require medical treatment, spontaneously.
If the figures of salts increased constantly, should undergo a thorough medical examination.
Most often in the form of sediment in the urine is diagnosed the following types of elements:
- Or urate salts of uric acid is a product resulting from the processing of purine nitrogenous bases that make up human DNA. Their appearance in urine is possible due to the large consumption of meat, bean products, strong tea, coffee. Often, uric acid appears as a consequence of intense physical exertion. Often, the urine shows a large amount of urates. This indicates a risk of developing gout. Such patients are recommended to strictly limit the intake of meat, drink plenty of alkaline mineral water.
- Phosphates – compounds that increase as a result of cystitis, frequent vomiting, high body temperature. Food salts of this group are ingested together with dairy products, fish, some kinds of mineral water. When the concentration of salts of phosphoric acid should abandon a large consumption of fish products, milk. Doctors recommend to take ascorbic acid and the products incorporating it.
- Ammonium urate is an indicator of functioning problems of the kidneys or other organs of urinary system.
- Oxalates (salts of oxalic acid) – enter the body from foods of plant origin. Many patients who refused from meat, suffer from the rise of these compounds. Diagnosed salt of oxalic acid with diabetes, pyelonephritis, certain digestive diseases. To reduce the concentration of oxalates use vitamin B6 and magnesium.
- Salt cystine – paired colorless plates, occur together with uric acid deposits. Found as a result of poisoning the body with heavy metals, in diseases of the liver and kidneys.
- Bilirubin – indicates liver disease, is a diamond-shaped formation of needle shape with a yellow or brownish tint.
- The crystals of leucine and tyrosine is often detected together in different human diseases.
Important! For dissolved salts with water. Drinking enough fluids can prevent many diseases.
How does the presence of salts
A slight increase in the concentration of salts often asymptomatic. Signs of disease occur in the formation of kidney stones and bladder.
There are following manifestations:
- moderate or severe pain extending to the lumbar region, pelvis;
- renal colic pain syndrome is hard enough to endure;
- when you hit a stone in the ureter, difficult urination;
- temperature rise;
- General deterioration.
Crystals in the urine often indicate the presence of certain diseases
Crystals in urine the child is more likely to be diagnosed with acute inflammatory diseases (cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis). While there are nausea, vomiting, pain, extending to the abdomen, waist, pelvis.
As evidenced by the detection of crystals
Crystals (xtal) in urine are detected if their amount in the body is elevated at the same compounds do not have time to appear the natural way.
The main elements revealed in the course of laboratory research include:
- tyrosine – looks like a thin needle, collected into bundles. Tyrosine appears when the cooling of the urine;
- leucine – looks like drops of yellowish tint is found in serious liver disease, the metabolic processes of the body;
- hippuric acid is diagnosed during intoxication by organic compounds, the metabolic disorder;
- calcium carbonate accumulates due to consumption of large amounts of milk, cheese, cottage cheese. A significant concentration often indicates the immobilization of bone metastases, liver diseases;
- morphic and amorphous phosphates appear due to infection of the organism by pathogenic bacteria.
The calcium oxalate kristallizuetsya in urine due to eating foods primarily of plant origin. Rarely becomes the cause of forming kidney stones.
Interpretation of research
A urine sample obtained by evaporation over several hours at room temperature, is interpreted with caution. Under these conditions the pathogens are multiplying with great speed, which increases the number of crystalline compounds in the urine. Get the crystal from the urine in the laboratory by residue. A method such as evaporation helps to undertake further studies for a more accurate result.
When a condition of normal patient urine detected the following compounds:
- crystals of ammonium;
- calcium carbonate;
- of calcium oxalate;
- uric acid;
- amorphous urate.
The urine test results help to identify many abnormalities to diagnose the disease
The presence of diseases show the following elements:
- cystine (cystinuria says);
- bilirubin (indicative of the deviations of the liver);
- leucine (liver disease);
- tyrosine (severe liver disease);
- cholesterol (signal nephrotic syndrome).
If you found such links, this means that in the body there are certain conditions that require immediate diagnosis and treatment.
In a healthy patient the precipitate of uric acid is not detected. Normal values are indicated by two pluses. If these values above, we carried out complex examination of the patient.
The norm parameters in different age groups of patients:
- the contents of uric acid in women from 150 to 350 µmol/l;
- men – from 200 to 420 µmol/l;
- children under one year, from 0.35 to 2 µmol/l;
- children up to 4 years – 2.5 mmol/l;
- children up to 8 years – from 0.6 but not more than 3 µmol/l;
- children under 14 years – from 1.2 to 6 mmol/l;
- normal levels of adolescents from 14 years – from 1.5 to 4.4 µmol/L.
Deviations from the norm in larger or smaller are considered pathological. These figures indicate a health problems. To determine the causes of prescribed re-analysis, a comprehensive examination.
The salt crystals in the urine of pregnant women
During pregnancy a woman’s body is going through many changes both positive and negative. Often when urine samples from women find the salt crystals.
In the period of carrying a child, this can mean the following:
- eating habits, overuse of certain products;
- disruption of the functioning of the kidneys, their disease (pyelonephritis, urolithiasis);
- failures of the body’s metabolism (diabetes, gout);
- insufficient fluid intake;
- pathology, accompanied by fever;
- poisoning of the body.
When small amounts of salt crystals in urine prescribed re-analysis. After confirming the doctors ‘ efforts aimed at clarifying the reasons of such indicators, the identification of pathology.
During pregnancy every woman must regularly conducts urinalysis for the presence of salt crystals
Increased the child
The causes of the sedimentation of salts in urine in a child, as adults do not always indicate the presence of diseases. Often crystals indicate insufficient fluid intake, errors in food and certain other conditions.
The causes of crystal formation in children:
- dehydration, poor diet is often diagnosed the increase in phosphates;
- great use of plant foods leads to increased oxalic acid. For treatment is assigned a diet of acid vegetables, fruit, chocolate and some other products;
- when the intoxication of child’s body increases the level of salt elements. Typically, the metrics are normalized within 3 to 5 days;
- violation of the metabolic processes – another reason for formation of crystals;
- often salt signal about diseases of the kidneys, liver, endocrine system kid.
Oxalates in children often detected in those patients whose diet is large amounts of ascorbic and oxalic acid. Sometimes the violation is evidence of kidney diseases, pyelonephritis, diabetes, inflammatory bowel diseases, violation of metabolic processes in the body.
Phosphates are often present in healthy children appear as a result of overeating, excess phosphorus in food. Sometimes the phosphate concentration observed after gastric lavage, in poisoning, vomiting, cystitis and some other States.
To prevent serious complications, it is important to identify the cause of deposition of salts, take measures for treatment of this condition.
Crystals in the urine in a child often indicate diseases of the urinary system
In some cases, prescribe a urine analysis on the content of the salt crystals
Clinical examination of urine is prescribed in the following indications:
- at pathologies of the urinary system;
- during the examination, the professional examination;
- if signs of gout;
- for the evaluation of disease progression in a patient, monitoring the effectiveness of a particular type of treatment;
- patients who had infectious diseases (sore throat, scarlet fever, meningitis);
- liver disease, diabetes.
Important! Healthy people are recommended to get tested 1-2 times throughout the year. This helps to identify various diseases, to begin treatment in the early stages.
Rules of urine collection
To obtain reliable indicators for testing should be approached with full responsibility.
The number of salt crystals in the urine depends on many factors, so before sampling the material it is important to pay attention to the following points:
- should abandon excessive exercise;
- eliminate alcohol and Smoking;
- you can’t eat too spicy, salty, smoked, pickled food;
- before collecting the urine the genitals must be washed with soap and water.
Daily urine for analysis of salt collected under the scheme:
- morning urine is not used;
- during the day the urine is collected in a clean container;
- the last fence is produced on the next day immediately after waking.
Collected analysis store in a cool place, protected from light, but not in the refrigerator. Before leasing capacity good shake, take 100 ml, is sent to a laboratory for testing.
The salt is harmless. Their presence often indicates the violation of the food balance, nutrition, intense physical work. About diseases in adults, children, pregnant women showed a significant increase in the crystals. It is important to remember that you need to treat not the state, and the pathology that causes the increase of salts.
Therapy of diabetes is done after diagnosis of the disease in the appointment of an endocrinologist. Patients with diabetes are prescribed a special medication containing insulin or drugs that stimulate its natural production. Diet in disease – one of the important stages of therapy. Patients are encouraged to abandon spicy, fatty, salty, smoked foods, alcohol, strong tea, coffee. The diet should consist of cereal, lean meat, soups, dairy products.
The formation of stones in the kidney and bladder requires a holistic approach through diet, medication, physiotherapy and other methods. If the kidney found many large stones, the patient shows a surgical treatment.
Pyelonephritis therapy is with antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and other drugs.
Often to normalize the level of salt in urine is possible by means of correction of power supply:
- by increasing the amount of urate to exclude meat products, dairy products, to consume a large amount of mineral alkaline water;
- the increase of phosphates requires a reduction of consumption of fish foods, rich in calcium, vitamin D;
- elevated oxalates require non-plant foods, celery, parsley, dill, sorrel. While treatment with alkaline mineral water.
To normalize the amount of salts in the urine often with the help of a healthy diet
This method of therapy as a healthy diet will help excrete excess salt to prevent the development of many diseases.
The urine of a person is material, the study of which gives a clear idea about the condition of the organs and systems of the body. With timely identification of deviations can prevent serious disease and severe consequences in the future.