As a drug, activated charcoal is used for diseases with toxic syndromes. These include dysentery, salmonellosis, and various foodborne toxicosis. Due to its adsorbing properties, coal can be useful in allergies, asthma, and even in preparation for various studies of internal organs (x-ray, ultrasound).
These black tablets, which have no taste or smell, are most often acquired in the presence of problems with the intestines. For example, when flatulence occurs, belching begins, the acidity of the gastric juice increases. Pills are also popular with alcohol intoxications.
Where, who and how uses activated carbon
Many fans of this drug use activated charcoal for weight loss. It is believed that it also contributes to rejuvenation.
The ancient Egyptians were the first to make and use activated carbon. The raw material for its manufacture was exclusively wood. In subsequent years, the drug has spread widely throughout the world.
It was used:
- Egyptians – to free their body from filth;
- the ancient Romans – for the purification of wine and water;
- Indians and even residents of England from ancient times to filter drinking water.
- 1785 was a landmark year for activated carbon. The St. Petersburg Medical Academy has become the place where the drug received a “ticket to life” thanks to Academician Toviy Lovits. It was this man, having studied the powder in detail, proposed to use it in pharmacology.
- The year 1831 was marked by an interesting event already in France at the medical academy. Professor Touery, in the presence of medical colleagues, took a lethal dose of strychnine mixed with coal powder. The experimenter survived. As a result, it was found that the drug reduces the toxicity of any poison by 60%.
- The end of the nineteenth century: the industrial production of this drug began.
- Coal is still the main absorbent used in the manufacture of gas masks.
- It is used to refine sugar.
- Activated carbon during pregnancy is not only not harmful, but also has a positive effect on the mother’s body, without affecting the fetus.
What is the drug made from?
Modern technologies allow us to take carbon-containing substances as raw materials. Suitable for manufacturing: wood, various types of coal, peat, coconut fruit shells.
The process includes:
- carbonization – processing of raw materials at extremely high temperatures;
- activation – saturation with oxygen, imparting porosity to the structure.
The benefits of activated carbon
Coal is an excellent tow truck for slag and toxins . It promotes the absorption of fats in the human body, and also directly accelerates the process of removing excess fats from the blood.
Studies conducted by medical scientists when taking this substance indicate that the amount of triglycerides is reduced, cholesterol in the blood is normalized.
The result of this is:
- normal liver function;
- healthy heart and brain;
- improvement of the cardiovascular system;
- kidneys and adrenal glands work better.
Thus, the body is cleansed with activated carbon.
Everyone should know the rules of admission
Most importantly, you need to know how to take activated carbon correctly so that it is as effective as possible.
Dosage can be quite simply calculated. A standard tablet weighs a quarter gram. For the calculation you only need to know your weight (at least approximately). Take one tablet for every ten kilograms of weight.
However, note that you can not take coal in parallel with other medicines! The break should be at least an hour.
But how to drink activated charcoal in flatulence: given that one gram is four tablets, eight tablets should be taken three times a day. The duration of treatment should be no more than a week.
Weight Loss: Myth or Reality
There are many publications on the possibility of using these black tablets available for weight loss. There are categorical opinions about the dangers of coal. But those who negatively relate to the medicine, by no example can confirm its negative effect. But about the real benefits for those who control their body weight, it’s worth talking about.
Slimming tool or assistant
Is it possible to lose weight with activated carbon? This question is of interest to many women who are in constant search of a universal and simple means to restore their figure.
It should be noted that activated carbon is a drug that in its pure form absolutely does not affect body weight.
Therefore, if you are obsessed with the desire to lose weight, emptying the packaging for the packaging of this drug, then this path, alas, is wrong. So you can’t lose weight.
But it is absolutely true that without fire and smoke there would be no the question of how to lose weight with activated carbon would not arise at all. Indeed, these black tablets alone will not make you slim, but they can help to become one.
How does it help
Due to the fact that the tablets perfectly clean the intestines and remove toxic substances from the body, they contribute to weight loss, restore youth and solve the problems of some “sores”. This method is used along with many popular diets. He is very young – he is no more than a dozen years old.
Pharmacies have a huge assortment of different sorbents, but coal is the best filter material.
Pharmaceuticals presents coal preparations of various quality, which is determined by the size of the particles. So drugs can be in pure form, and with herbal supplements.
How can coal help
If you have made a serious decision to become slim, then activated carbon will become your reliable friend and loyal assistant. He easily:
- cleanse the body by removing toxins;
- will allow you to drink clean water, necessary in the process of losing weight (coal is used in filters that purify water);
- will provide the opportunity to breathe clean air (used in filters that clean the air).
Activated carbon has a porous structure. Due to this, they absorb toxic substances. Toxins are retained and then removed with microparticles of the drug from the body. It is the unique ease of use that made this drug one of the most popular adsorbents that are used for medical purposes.
Future mom’s assistant
The question often arises, is it possible for pregnant women to use activated carbon as a means of cleaning the body? Future mothers, like no one else, need this, because, especially in short pregnancy, digestive disorders and toxicosis occur. Often, doctor’s recommendations include the use of activated charcoal.
So the drug is indicated for:
- a frequent feeling of nausea;
- sudden gagging;
- irregular stools;
- increased gas formation in the intestines.
The most important thing is that absolutely nothing threatens the unborn child, since coal powder is not absorbed into the blood. It is excreted naturally without irritation of the intestinal mucosa. The withdrawal period is approximately six to eight hours.
Coal – an auxiliary substance in the diet
So, now you clearly imagine what effect this substance has on the body. Remember, this is a drug, not a dietary supplement intended for weight loss! As an adjuvant, it removes toxins, reduces flatulence and eliminates intoxication. Activated carbon with the right approach can be a very good helper in the destruction of unnecessary kilograms by cleansing the body of harmful substances.
The use of tablets during a diet with alcohol, salt, sugar and sweets is incompatible. But cleansing enemas have proven themselves well during such a diet.
Cleansing the body with activated charcoal is also called the “miner’s diet”, which is associated with both the name of the substance and its color.
Weight Loss Methods
In order to get a result, you must clearly know how to drink activated carbon:
- The first way . The standard version of the reception, calculated on ten kilograms of weight. Drink these pills on an empty stomach. Be sure to start sequentially. Regardless of weight, you need to drink 4-5 tablets in the first few days, tracking your well-being and bowel function. To the standard amount should be brought gradually.
- The second way . It implies the intake of the calculated norm during the day, distributing it evenly between meals. A single dosage should be taken one hour before a meal.
Important rules and recommendations
- In order for the weight to decrease, and the figure gained harmony, it is necessary to clearly understand how to properly take activated carbon.
- It has already been said above how much to drink activated carbon. But still, experts believe that taking this drug in fractional portions during the day one hour before a meal is most effective.
- The course of taking the tablets should not exceed seven to ten days, then a break of at least a week is made and this procedure is repeated again.
- Do not ignore the breaks in taking the drug, as some trace elements and vitamins along with its use are not absorbed. Coal interferes with their absorption.
- Do not overdo it. An overdose of any drug is harmful and even dangerous! It can provoke a toxic effect, cause vomiting or vitamin deficiency.
New development – white coal
Studies of the properties of activated carbon are conducted by scientists constantly. And so, Ukrainian pharmacists presented the market with a new drug – white activated carbon.
Its main differences from black:
- in fact, color;
- selectivity of action – conservation of nutrients;
- high concentration – compared to black – ten to one.
The activated carbon diet is similar to the black diet. It also improves metabolism and normalizes digestion. The mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract are not damaged.
A white preparation acts in the same way as activated carbon of black color. But there is one difference.
It contains silicon dioxide, which is a key component. And his reputation is far from perfect.
Thus, we recommend that you still give preference to this drug in black.
Instead of an afterword
Activated carbon is really a great helper in the process of losing weight and cleansing the body. Taking it, you get rid of toxins and clogging the body with harmful substances.
However, as you already know, this drug in itself is not a means for losing weight. In order for the “process to go”, a strategy should be developed to get rid of excess weight, and simply take coal into allies.
If you decide to take such a drug, be sure to consider the number of tablets for daily intake based on body weight. An overdose can damage your body, and the result will be zero, since the effect of activated carbon will have the exact opposite effect.
In addition, it is important to have a psychological attitude towards weight loss. Great power is self-hypnosis. We must sincerely believe that you will succeed, that you will certainly become slim. Realize your desire by regulating your diet and changing your lifestyle. And a substance that can help your body achieve its goal and get results is an old, good and faithful helper, ordinary activated carbon.