Juice is incredibly useful, but do not forget about the harm. It is not recommended to use it for pregnant women, nursing mothers, people with gastrointestinal diseases in the acute stage, as well as suffering from varicose veins.
It is difficult to overestimate the beneficial properties of celery. It is proved that this vegetable has an incredibly beneficial healing effect on the human body as a whole. It consists of: proteins, fats and carbohydrates, dietary fiber, vitamins, micro and macro elements, as well as amino acids.
What is useful celery root
- Celery root will help to cope with constant drowsiness, fatigue, loss of strength.
- Essential oils and biologically active substances that make up its composition, relieve stress, increase the overall tone of the body, significantly improve performance.
- Celery is very useful for men due to the content of androsterone – a hormone that is responsible for male potency. Interestingly, androsterone, standing out with male sweat, acts on women like pheromone – it attracts and excites.
- This plant is an excellent prophylactic against such an unpleasant male disease as prostatitis.
- With the help of celery root, protein is absorbed by the body many times faster and easier, so it is recommended to add it to dishes of meat and fish, and preferably in raw form!
- Pediatricians recommend starting with 12 months to introduce celery juice into the children’s diet. However, this must be done with extreme caution. It is best to start with giving the crumbs half a teaspoon, and in the absence of an allergic reaction, you can gradually increase the volume. It is useful for older children to make salads from the root of this vegetable, apples, dried fruits. Especially they will be relevant in the spring, when there is an increased need for vitamins.
- The beneficial properties of celery root are used in the prevention and treatment of diseases of the kidneys and genitourinary system.
- Your hair, nails and skin will look healthy and attractive with regular use of this wonderful plant!
The value of leaves and stems
The stems perfectly increase immunity, so it is especially useful to eat them in particular in the autumn-winter period. In diseases of the cardiovascular system, these parts of the plant can be used as a therapeutic and prophylactic agent.
The wound healing properties of celery have long been known. A decoction of its leaves copes with wounds, burns, cuts, inflammation of the skin.
Due to its high fiber content, celery also has a beneficial effect on the digestive system, prevents constipation, and halts the development of putrefactive processes.
It perfectly removes toxins from the body, so it must be present in the diet of everyone!
What is celery good for women? The very first thing, this magnificent vegetable will help to save you, dear ladies, youth and beauty. Indeed, thanks to vitamins C, E, K, B, manganese, phosphorus, potassium and carotene, body cells become more resistant to the effects of negative environmental factors.
Celery also proved to be an excellent assistant in the relief of painful periods. By the way, during menopause with poor health, women are recommended to drink an infusion of its seeds.
Celery and slim figure
People who monitor their own weight should take note – celery is extremely useful for weight loss. The calorie content of one hundred grams of root is 42 calories, and the calorie content of the stems and leaves is even less – only 13 calories!
But that’s not all! When eating celery in food, the body has to spend more calories on it to digest than received, which certainly contributes to weight loss.
What are the harmful properties
What celery is useful for, we have already considered, but does it have any disadvantages? It turns out, and they have a place!
- With uterine bleeding and heavy menstruation, it is forbidden to use the root and leaves of the plant, since the apiol contained in them stimulates the reduction of the walls of the uterus.
- For the same reason, it is undesirable to eat celery during pregnancy. This is fraught with uterine contractions and can cause a miscarriage!
- You should exclude the vegetable from your diet for people suffering from epilepsy, because its use in this case can cause epileptic seizures.
- For diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, it is not recommended to eat raw celery, but a decoction of it will be very useful.
How to choose celery
Pay attention to medium-sized tubers, preferably weighing up to a kilogram. There should be no dents or dark spots on the surface – signs of corruption. If you decide to purchase a leafy vegetable, then make sure that the stems and leaves are strong, resilient, juicy, with a characteristic pleasant crunch. Give preference to plants with a rich green color.
Celery Juice for Weight Loss: How to Cook and How to Take
Undoubtedly, such a drink is the most beneficial for the human body. It helps to saturate every cell with life-giving energy, replenish the vitamin reserve, and cure many ailments. In addition, it is much easier and faster absorbed by the body than fibrous roots or odorous stems.
Celery juice – the benefits and harms – what more? Now we will find out how to properly prepare it in order to preserve all the useful properties to the maximum.
Invaluable benefits and calories
A real elixir should be considered celery juice for people who want to lose weight! Thanks to its diuretic effects, freshly squeezed juice helps to remove excess fluid from the body, and this, of course, is one of the steps to losing weight.
Reduce body fat, save you from hated cellulite and reduce appetite – this is the calling of such a life-giving drink!
In addition, as already noted, the calorie content of celery is negative, therefore, it can be consumed in unlimited quantities. The body will spend more energy on digesting food than it can receive.
How to make juice better
At home, squeeze celery juice in several ways. If you need a lot of juice, then use a juicer. But it’s easier to do this:
- Rinse the root well under running water.
- Peel it.
- Rub on a fine grater.
- Squeeze the resulting mass through several times folded cheesecloth.
Or you can grind the stems of this plant in a blender and squeeze the juice out of them through cheesecloth. Remember, it is necessary to drink it freshly squeezed!
How to take juice to lose weight
For those who want to lose weight and saturate their body with useful substances, nutritionists recommend combining celery juice with other vegetable and fruit juices.
For example, the following combinations are especially good:
- Celery + watermelon . Perfectly cleanses the kidneys and bladder. For its preparation, two medium celery stalks should be beaten with watermelon pulp using a blender. Such juice should be drunk a little during the day.
- Celery + carrots + apple . Strengthens your nerves and immunity, and also helps improve vision and memory. Grate celery, three carrots and half an average apple on a fine grater. Squeeze the juice through cheesecloth.
- Celery + Orange . Helps lower blood pressure. To prepare it, you need to beat the stem in a blender, add a liter of water and juice from four oranges. You can add a little honey to improve the taste, but then the resulting drink will be more high-calorie.
- Celery + cucumber . A wonderful tonic drink! Helps reduce weight and helps make up for the lack of vitamin A in the body. Squeeze the juice from two stalks of celery and one cucumber. Drink to health!
- Celery + grapefruit . A real vitamin bomb for weight loss! Sodium contained in these plants, perfectly removes excess water from the body and fights cellulite. Also, this drink perfectly reduces appetite. Mix juice from one celery stalk with medium grapefruit juice. Add some honey to taste.
- Celery + parsley + cabbage . Incredibly useful for strengthening bones and teeth. Grind a few stalks of celery with a bunch of parsley and a quarter of a cabbage fork in a blender. Then the mixture should be squeezed through cheesecloth, folded in several layers.
You can still drink juice from this vegetable along with tomato, birch, pomegranate, lemon, apple juices – it all depends on your tastes and preferences. As flavoring additives in drinks for weight loss it is not forbidden to add the spices accelerating a metabolism: cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, black pepper. Do not be afraid to experiment!
Celery Slimming Dishes
You can also cook a great variety of delicious dietary dishes from celery. Moreover, both the root of this vegetable and the stems with leaves are successfully used in cooking.
Soup is a great way to lose weight.
Most often, people who want to buy a thin waist use a diet based on celery soup for weight loss. The essence of such a diet is that for two weeks the main course of your diet should certainly be soup. Additionally, you can eat vegetables, fruits, rice, skim milk.
By following a diet, you can easily lose up to 7 extra pounds!
So, the recipe for celery soup for weight loss can look something like this:
- 2 stalks of celery (with leaves);
- 200 g of cabbage leaves;
- 2 medium onions;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 2 carrots.
Boil 3 liters of water, dip chopped vegetables into it. Add spices to taste. Cook soup for 15-20 minutes.
- 200 g celery root;
- 200 g of white cabbage;
- 300 g of green beans;
- 3 carrots;
- 1.5 liters of tomato juice;
- 200 ml of water.
Finely chop the vegetables, pour them with tomato juice and water. Bring to a boil and boil over low heat for 20 minutes.
Delicious Diet Salads
How to cook celery so that it is both tasty and healthy? To ensure reliable weight loss, it is recommended to replace a heavy, plentiful dinner with a light salad, for example, prepared according to one of the following recipes:
- Celery salad with apple and walnuts . 2 chopped stems to connect with an apple, grated with large holes. Add 100 grams of raisins and walnuts. Season this salad with sour cream or low-fat yogurt.
- Celery salad with egg and cucumbers . In a salad bowl, mix the chopped celery stalk with a cucumber, two hard-boiled eggs and grated carrots. Dress with low fat sour cream.
- Root salad with herbs . Grate the peeled root on a grater, add a little lime juice to taste, parsley or dill, season with a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Celery root salad with apples and carrots . Grate half the root, two apples and one carrot. Season with sour cream or natural yogurt without fillers.
Nutritious delicious stew
How to cook celery with meat? Very simple! We suggest you cook a diet celery stew with chicken meat – a great option for a light lunch.
- 500 g of chicken;
- 2 zucchini;
- 3 stalks of celery;
- 2 tomatoes;
- lemon juice to taste;
Slightly fry the meat in vegetable oil, add chopped vegetables into large cubes. Put celery and herbs on top. We put lemon juice and spices to taste. Stew should be stewed on low heat with a closed lid for 25-30 minutes.
Our celery recipes are very simple and affordable even for beginners, so everyone can cook them without much effort.
Recommendations for dieters
In conclusion, some tips for dieters using celery:
- If you decide to go on a celery diet, then stay steadfast and avoid any deviations in the offered products.
- Try not to salt diet foods.
- Drink 1.5-2 liters of pure water per day.
- Chew your food very carefully and slowly.
- Drink coffee and tea without adding sugar.
- Moderate physical activity contributes to faster and more effective weight loss.