Chronic inflammation of the intervertebral joints leading to fusion, is called ankylosing spondylitis. Pathology is dangerous because the fusion of the joints leading to immobility of the spine and stiffness of human movement.
Do I need a gym with ankylosing spondylitis
The basic cause of disease is a predisposition to ankylosing spondylitis at the genetic level. People with a carrier of the antigen HLA-27. The immune system of carriers of the antigen some tissue your own body takes in error for someone else and begins to attack them. The result is inflammation. With the increasing immobility of the joints and spine in the treatment of diseases of the special attention to medical gymnastics. Exercise in ankylosing spondylitis must be done regularly, it is included in the treatment of the patient.
Physiotherapy in ankylosing spondylitis
Exercises should be gentle. For patients with this pathology are restrictions on some types of physical activity:
- Prohibited running and jumping. Quiet walking on flat terrain has a beneficial effect on the joints. Patients recommended per day take place from 3 to 5 km.
- Swimming is permitted, but at a water temperature of 23 degrees. Patients with ankylosing spondylitis the recommended dry climate.
Physical therapy must become a daily procedure in spite of morning stiffness of the joints and pain. To do exercises require a minimum of 30 minutes. Gymnastics for the patient consists of two parts:
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the JOINTS our constant reader uses the increasingly popular NON-surgical method of treatment is recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists.
Thoroughly acquainted with him, we decided to offer it to your attention.
- respiratory complex;
- physical complex.
Necessity of breathing exercises is that due to the splice joints of the thorax might occur deterioration in lung ventilation. This leads to fibrosis, pneumonia, and other lung diseases.
Exactly sit down and stretch your left leg straight. Put your left foot on the heel. Sock while looking up. Left hand on hip, right leg in a relaxed position. The right hand is extended, the spine stretches followed her, starting to do a little bit of rotational motion of a body. The benchmark in this exercise is the right hand to look at her. When you exhale right palm forward and then down to the left hip.
In addition, you can purchase conventional bulbs. Several times a day to inflate them.
Physical therapy for ankylosing spondylitis for mobility of the spine
Any person afraid of the stillness. Without traffic no one will be able to lead a full life. The complex of exercises for ankylosing spondylitis aimed at improving mobility of the spine:
Sit directly. Hands placed on the knees. The shoulders move forward to spin took the form of a wheel. The head leans forward and the shoulders are pushed back. In this position the person is 5 seconds. The exercise is repeated 7 times.
The trunk musculature must also be strengthened:
- Sit straight, place feet shoulder width apart. Left hand push on the knee (right), the main effort focusing on the right thigh. Within five seconds, stop in this position. Need 5 sets. But alternate them intermittently.
Activate the body and mobility:
- Stand with your back to the wall. Abut the heels overlap. The right shoulder is tilting in this direction, the buttocks should not be separated from the wall. Tilt the right shoulder and arm down, focusing on the direction of the knee, its outer side. The body is held in this position for a few seconds.
- Physical therapy is performed under the supervision of a specialist. The complex load on the body and spine sets only the doctor. Often used exercises aimed at the three source positions: sitting on a chair, lying on its side and back.
Sitting on a chair:
- turns head left and right;
- torso twists left and right;
- hands on waist, back aligned, the chin stretches forward;
- your arms extended to the side, chin pressed down to the neck, the blades are connected together.
Lying on back:
Raise the head and extend your chin up. Hands pull along the body, feet together, but with a focus on heel. The pelvis raised as high as possible, bending at the same time. Hands set up for the head, legs joined together, feet on yourself. The body of the trunk are raised 45 degrees, linger and descend to its original position. Each foot is raised alternately by their movements in a circle.
Lying on the side:
Summing up his knees to his chest. Try to reach the forehead. Straighten the legs and try to bend back. Begin to raise the legs alternately. Do their Mahi. Bend the leg – circular movement. Then the other leg to do the same.
What is the benefit of exercise therapy in ankylosing spondylitis
Doctors prescribe patients with physical therapy as additional treatment. With the help of physical therapy doctors achieve stretching and relaxation of muscles that are constrained by spasms. Physical activity in this pathology needs to be regular, which allows to increase the motor movements of the hip, pelvic, spinal joints. Due to this respiratory system of the chest is not broken. If the disease is at the stage when ankylosis developed in the lungs and joints of the spine, physical therapy can help by teaching these patients the system diaphragmatic breathing activates blood circulation, prostimulirujte metabolic processes in the body and also restore a minimum level of household and business skills.
This is necessary in order to enable them to lead a full life. Experts recommend to do therapeutic exercises on an individual basis. Also, it can be done in groups consisting of several people. This is because the exercises in the complex are developed by the specialist for the individual.
Be sure when you assign the physical loads are taken into account the following factors:
- the activity of the disease;
- indicators of mobility of the spine;
- the condition of the lungs and heart.
Regular exercise must be combined with other methods of treatment of this pathology. Effective ways can be called a hydromassage, classical massage of the chest, back, neck.