Such condition, as acrodynia, is not an independent disease, it indicates that the body has a system which is broken. Most people don’t pay for this symptom no attention, thinking that “spine pinched”, while the body is suffering from a serious illness.
The term “acrodynia” literally translates as pain in the sacrum. It may occur in a certain time (after the morning ascent, with a strong physical exertion, when lifting weights, in the occiput), and to be permanent. All depends on the nature and severity of the disease, which is manifested by this symptom.
The character of pain may be different and not always possible to suspect that this acrodynia. Possible radiating to the lower back, the shoulder blade, interscapular region, neck or arm.
Some are confused with pain in the lumbar region, because people do not have medical education and not knowing about human anatomy does not know the exact location of the sacrum, and will not be able to distinguish lumbar from sacral. Sometimes confused with the coccyx.
Why is there
Acrodynia may be a manifestation of the destruction of many body systems. These include:
For the prevention and treatment of diseases of the JOINTS our constant reader uses the increasingly popular NON-surgical method of treatment is recommended by leading German and Israeli orthopedists.
Thoroughly acquainted with him, we decided to offer it to your attention.
- muscle tissue;
- subcutaneous fat;
- nervous system, the spinal cord;
- the uterus, ovaries;
- the pelvic peritoneum.
In some cases, other symptoms but pain in the sacrum are absent. Diseases that can characterize acrodynia, may be different.
Identify the following:
- osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine;
- displacement of vertebral bodies and development of its conditions of instability – spondylolisthesis;
- the spondylosis, spondylitis;
- scoliosis of the lumbar;
- trauma to the buttocks;
- muscle tissue damage or inflammation;
- developmental abnormalities of the spine and bone;
- malformations of the nervous tissue or spinal cord;
- inflammatory processes in the spinal cord – myelitis;
- neuritis, sciatica, neurobiologia;
- mechanical compression of the spinal roots and nerve trunks;
- acrodynia can have psychosomatic character, in hysteria, depression, neurasthenia;
- congenital anomalies of the genital organs (“child”, the uterus, the inflection of the uterus, it aplasia, a doubling of the uterus, one-horned or two-horned uterus, etc.);
- tumors of the genital organs – cystoma of the ovary, uterine fibroids, cervical cancer, uterine or ovarian, prostate tumors, etc.;
- when ovarian apoplexy, interrupted ectopic pregnancy also causes torsion legs ovarian;
- endometriosis, endometritis, parametritis. Acrodynia when endometriosis occurs in cycles – they are amplified during menstruation, and at other times may be not expressed or absent altogether. While parameters distinctive feature is that the pain is worse when lifting weights and during heavy physical exertion;
- pathology in the pelvic peritoneum is also often manifested by pain in the sacrum;
- acrodynia can occur after gynecological interventions (manipulation or surgery) plastics genital organs, abortion, scraping, dusting, when you break after the birth;
- malignant neoplasms in the bone tissue of the spine, metastasis from bladder, kidney, uterus, the shake of the uterus;
- pain in the sacrum may occur after falls, shocks due to sudden movements or physical overload and may be a manifestation of injury, cracks or fracture of the vertebrae or stretching, rupture or injury of the muscles;
To whom should refer
When pain in the sacrum, which have a permanent or recurrent nature, you should contact your doctor. First and foremost you turn to your local therapist. He is conducting a survey, consisting of a survey of medical history and physical examination. On the basis of complaints received, the doctor will determine what treatment to give or what specialist to send for further testing.
Consultation of specialists may be needed (depending on the intended disease):
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
- gynecologist or urologist;
To clarify the diagnosis may require different research methods.
First eliminated of injury of the spine and soft tissues using x-ray studies. In addition, an x-ray allows to exclude osteomyelitis. Also conduct palpation of the sacral region.
Be sure to take blood General and biochemical analysis. The increase in the number of leucocytes in blood (leucocytosis) or ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) would indicate the presence in the body of the inflammatory process. If ESR is increased to a significant level, above the norm by 4 times or more (the normal erythrocyte is men – 5-10 mm/hour in women – 5-15 mm/hour), you can suspect the presence in the body of the malignant process. This should be a targeted diagnosis as the indicator of ESR may not always be reliable. General analysis of blood largely depends on the human factor: preparing the patient and the quality of work of an analyst.
For the detection of cancer process in the sacral division of the spinal column and the bones of the pelvis, performed CT. This study is very informative because it can identify or exclude such diseases as osteochondrosis of lumbosacral, osteoarthritis of sacroiliac joint, coxarthrosis (arthrosis of the hip joint) and other pathological changes in the structure of bone and cartilage.
To exclude gynecological diseases is magnetic resonance imaging of the pelvic organs (MRI). It allows to exclude inflammatory diseases (parametritis, endometritis), and the seal of the ligaments that hold the uterus and other pathological processes in the pelvic peritoneum.
To exclude a malignant process in the wall of the uterus is curettage. For the diagnosis of cervical cancer used in the analysis of cancer cells smear from the cervical canal for diagnosis of ovarian cancer – hysterosalpingography. Positron emission tomography can also give additional information, but is not a mandatory method of instrumental study.
Great diagnostic importance is ultrasound of the pelvic organs (ultrasound) and histological examination of biopsy material from the affected area.
For the detection of cancer process in the body is a blood test for determination of cancer marker.
Depending on what disease will be the cause of acrodynia, will be built treatment.
If the cause of pain in the sacrum was the trauma of the spine, pelvic bones or soft tissue first is the immobilization with the purpose of treatment. Relevant in such cases is physiotherapy. For example, to strengthen the bone tissue and faster recovery using electrophoresis with calcium and phosphorus. In the inflammatory process in the soft tissues apply thermotherapy.
To treat any inflammation in the connective tissues of the use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), for the restoration of cartilage – chondro.
If the reason for acrodynia is cancer, use chemotherapy and radiation therapy. The radical method can be removal of the tumor or the excision of the body together with the tumor. To facilitate use of painkillers: how ordinary analgesics and narcotics.
In the case of pain, reminiscent of acrodynia, you should immediately consult a doctor. Thus, you will be able to identify the disease at early stages and successfully cure him.