Any pain is a signal of malfunctions in the body. The risk of developing disease can be reduced or even prevented, if the time to pay attention to the problem and find out its causes.
Cramps in the abdomen may indicate different pathologies, primarily should focus on the stomach. Symptoms are sometimes marked by a brief and intensities. But often the pain is protracted and recurring nature that requires immediate professional help and treatment.
The cause of ailments
Often a symptom may be accompanied by nausea, diarrhea, fever, vomiting, it speaks of the intoxication. Diarrhoeal phenomenon never occur in a vacuum, discomfort in the stomach area almost always is the companion of serious illness and signals the need for treatment. It is important to note the frequency of occurrence of sharp pains in the stomach, localization and character of pain, the dynamics of development and the sequence that will be the determining factor to determine the cause.
1. The etiology is related to the stomach.
Pain occur during exacerbation of gastritis, peptic ulcer disease. In addition, nausea, diarrhea, lack of appetite. Colic is acute in the middle and upper region of the peritoneum. In this case, the violation of acid-production is the cause of the discomfort.
There are several types of gastritis, each of which is marked by sharp pains in the stomach after eating:
- Bacterial type starts from the reproduction of the organism, provoking almost all pathology of the digestive tract is Helicobacter pylori.
- Stress manifests itself in the form of a breach of the emotional background, psychological disruptions.
- Erosive gastritis of the stomach occurs after administration of alcohol, Smoking, unhealthy and unbalanced diet, eating spicy, fatty, smoked dishes.
- Cause of viral type are pathogens trapped in the stomach due to infection.
- When an allergic reaction appears eosinophilic gastritis.
- Thinning of the mucosa leads to trophic type.
2. The etiology associated with the digestive system.
- If cramps in the abdomen are concentrated in the solar plexus and stomach, then flow into the right side and go down, it could indicate appendicitis. When symptoms of inflammation of the Appendix, especially if they occur along with fever, you should immediately call an ambulance, as the termination of the sharp pains often indicates the breakout of tissues, leading to serious complications, which are very difficult to cure.
- Pancreatitis in the period of exacerbation is accompanied by surrounding spasms. This pain is quite painful, affects the stomach, the person suffering from nausea, diarrhoea or constipation, bloating, vomiting. Often similar to the signs of appendicitis, so it’s important to seek help and begin to heal the ailment.
- If cramps in stomach after a meal significantly enhanced, impaired outflow of bile, the contents of the duodenum passes on, and is thrown into the stomach, we can talk about duodenogastric reflux. Cause is atrophy of the mucosa that produce digestive enzymes.
- Pain in the peritoneum, the companion of which is bloating, loose stools or constipation, urge to defecate signs of irritable bowel syndrome.
- Feelings spilled all over the abdomen can be a sign of tumours. The pain starts in the epigastric area, gradually covering several organs. Cause is Helicobacter pylori.
- Also sharp pains in the stomach, talking about the infection of worms. Appears anemia, restless sleep, constipation or diarrhea. Localization is celebrated around the navel, which is typical for poisoning. Most often these symptoms occur in children, require immediate diagnosis and treatment.
3. Causes of sharp pains associated with the genitourinary system.
Women and men unwell in the stomach is often associated with disorders of the reproductive organs:
- Menstrual irregularities associated with the complication of hormones, the formation of follicular cysts, ectopic pregnancy, pathology of the appendages and ovaries.
- In the early stages of future mothers there is a sharp cutting pain in the stomach, which can lead to miscarriage. The reason for often serve as emotional stress psychological in nature.
- In men cramps start on the background of prostate adenoma, inflammation of the bladder. If the pain comes on an empty stomach and relieved a small amount of food we are talking about a peptic ulcer or different kinds of gastritis.
Therapy and medications
Patients often try to solve independently, than to relieve the pain in the stomach. Sometimes this is acceptable, since the discomfort is strong enough to carry it. But better before the arrival of doctor or ambulance not to take any drugs for the reason that non-steroidal-anti-inflammatory drugs can aggravate the problem, eliminating the discomfort for a short time. To treat any disease, accompanied by severe pain, can only specialist. If you can not tolerate the pain is short-lived and disposable, it is possible to apply the following medications:
1. In gastritis it is necessary to know exactly the acidity level, as an increased and decreased rate require the use of different drugs. If the disease is accompanied by bitter belching and heartburn, the doctor prescribes Gastal, Maalox. Medicaments suitable for the treatment of inflammation due to the increased acidity. Reduce the possibility of constipation, bind phosphate and reduce their absorption.
2. Indigestion on the background of low acidity is taken Kreon, Mezim Forte, Pancreatin, Festal. Enzymes these funds have weak adsorption properties, intended as compensating for the treatment and improvement of the functional activity of the digestive system.
3. At rezyah in the stomach as first aid is prescribed Besalol, Buscopan, Nospanum. This medication antiseptic and antispasmodic actions are well absorbed in the tissue, inhibit growth of pathogenic microflora.
4. If abdominal pain starts because of poor diet and diarrhea is present, treatment consists of receiving Omeprazole, Gastromaks, Cimetidine. This H2 receptor blockers, which increase the pH in the lumen of the stomach, reduces the activity of pepsin. The medication helps to restore the functions of the mucosa.
5. To arrest the inflammatory process in peptic ulcer disease and malfunctions of the pancreas help Omez, Epicurus, De-Nol. Drugs have bactericidal activity against Helicobacter pylori, inhibit enzyme activity in the nucleus of microorganism, which leads to his death.
In such cases, it requires treatment to the doctor?
If the cramps recur, it is necessary to immediately go to the hospital or call an ambulance.
The doctor will be able to identify and cure the disease.
Under unfavorable circumstances, the patient’s condition deteriorates, therefore, it is important to consider recommendations that tell you what to do in such situations:
1. Cramps, accompanied by vomiting of dark color, talking about the internal bleeding, before the arrival of specialists with the necessary hunger and peace.
2. The pain in my stomach intensified and spread, so inflamed pancreas requires urgent diagnosis and treatment.
3. Spasm and cramps are moved to the right side, fever, nausea – the symptoms of appendicitis. Do not do anything by yourself, you need to call the ambulance.
4. When dagger nature of the abdominal pain may be complicated by ulcer and develop into a perforation. There are two phases of current pathology: the first lasts about six hours, slows the heartbeat, breathing weak, then enters the second stage, characterized temporary relief. After twelve hours there are signs of peritonitis. To prevent a critical condition of the patient, the only thing to do is to call an ambulance.
Cramps is quite a common problem in various diseases. The only right decision for the patient in this case is to find out the cause of pain in the stomach. Therefore, it is important to note the intensity and nature of the sensations that the patient cannot pay attention. If the symptoms are minor, fix them rather simply, you need to adjust the diet and not to succumb to stressful situations. But long-term pains need immediate diagnosis and appropriate treatment.