The medications under consideration are used to treat and alleviate the symptoms of vein diseases. Contribute to the improvement of blood circulation, reduce their permeability. They have similar indications for use, contraindications. Both products are plant-based. They are released without a doctor’s prescription.
In addition to these common properties, there are some distinguishing features between them.
Among them are:
- Composition. The active ingredient of the first remedy is chestnut extract. The second preparation consists of a purified micronized flavonoid fraction.
- Mechanism of action. Due to the different composition, the effect on the body may vary.
- Release form. Aescusan is made in the form of drops, Detralex is in the form of tablets and suspensions.
- Country of origin. Aescusan is a German drug, Detralex is French.
- Price category. Aescusan is a cheaper means, its cost is about 200 rubles per bottle. The analogue price is about 1400 rubles.
Both drugs are endowed with high efficiency and have proven themselves on the positive side, as confirmed by patient reviews. The advantage of the first remedy is that it is safer and practically does not cause adverse reactions. Another plus is low cost. Detralex can adversely affect the mucous membrane of the gastrointestinal tract and cause headaches. This fact should be considered before purchase.
Despite the fact that these drugs are dispensed without a doctor’s prescription form, you should not neglect visiting a medical institution. Vein diseases can lead to serious consequences, so you need to carefully approach their treatment. After examination, diagnostic procedures, the doctor will be able to prescribe the necessary medications for each patient individually, depending on the characteristics of his body.
One of the common diseases of the lower extremities is varicose veins. This pathology can occur for a number of reasons, including severe physical exertion, heredity and much more. If you do not start treatment in time, then you can get serious complications. For these purposes, special medicines are used, the most popular of which are Eskuzan and Detralex.
Characterization of the drug Eskuzan
It is a herbal medicine used in cases of impaired venous circulation. It contributes to the improvement of blood vessels of the whole organism, eliminates their increased permeability, stimulates contractile activity of smooth muscles, normalizes the filling of blood with veins. Due to this, swelling, a feeling of heaviness, fatigue, tension are reduced, pain is relieved.
The active ingredient is a dry horse chestnut extract and vitamin B1. The combination of these components gives a sustainable therapeutic effect. Available in the form of drops in a vial for oral administration.
Indications for use:
- Chronic venous insufficiency, its complications.
- Functional disturbance of blood supply.
- Swelling, convulsive contraction of the calf muscles.
- Conditions after vein thrombosis.
- Pain, feeling of heaviness in the legs.
- Varicose disease.
- Pathological formation caused by plexus of blood vessels, arteries (hemorrhoidal node).
The drug is quite safe and has virtually no contraindications, is allowed for pregnant women. An exception may be individual intolerance to incoming substances. Use with caution during breastfeeding, as it contains ethanol.
It is necessary to take 12 drops before meals, with a small amount of liquid. Shake well before use. The course of treatment is calculated individually.
Among the side effects, irritation of the gastrointestinal tract mucosa is extremely rare.
You can buy it without a doctor’s prescription form.
Characterization of the drug Detralex
It is a drug that can affect the muscle tone of the vascular wall, as well as the permeability of capillaries. In addition, it reduces the extensibility of veins, increases their tone, eliminates venous congestion. It improves blood circulation, eliminates the symptoms of pain, swelling, discomfort. Helps maintain the integrity of the vascular wall during mechanical stress. Available in the form of tablets, covered with a film, suspensions for oral administration.
It is shown in the following cases:
- Chronic vein diseases with accompanying symptoms of pain, cramps, feeling of heaviness, tired legs.
- Venous lymphatic insufficiency.
- Overfilling of the intercellular space of the muscles of the legs with fluid.
- Trophic change in the skin, subcutaneous tissue.
- Venous trophic ulcer.
- Acute or chronic hemorrhoids.
Contraindicated in case of individual intolerance to the active or auxiliary components of the composition. Not recommended for use during lactation.
After taking, unwanted side effects can be detected:
- Feeling of general malaise, dizziness, migraine.
- Diarrhea, nausea, stomach discomfort, difficulty digesting food, pain.
- Inflammation of the mucous membrane of the colon.
- Skin rash, itching, nettle fever.
- Isolated facial swelling, Quincke’s edema.
If any of the symptoms are detected, you should stop taking it and immediately seek medical help.
The course of treatment is calculated individually, depending on the diagnosis and the degree of the disease. It can last from several months to a year.