Babies from one to one and a half years old should have 4-5 meals per day, after this age the child is transferred to four meals a day. In order for food to be assimilated better, and the crumbs’ appetite to remain good, they must pass at certain hours.
Deviate from the schedule can be a maximum of half an hour.
Between meals, giving children extra food is not recommended, especially sweet. If the child really wants to eat and he can not wait for lunch or dinner, you can feed him some unsweetened fresh vegetables or fruit.
Menu baby in 1 year may look like this:
- Porridge or vegetable dish – 180 g
- Omelette, meat or fish dish – 50 g.
- Milk or tea – 100 g.
- Fruit puree – 100 g
- Salad – 30 g
- Soup – 100 g
- Meat or fish dish – 50 g.
- Garnish – 100 g
- Fruit juice – 100 g.
- Milk or kefir – 150 g.
- Cookies – 15 g.
- Cereal or vegetable dish – 180 g
- Kefir or milk – 100 g
The menu of the child after the year can be like this:
- Rice, buckwheat, oatmeal or semolina, boiled in milk – 200 g
- Half eggs
- Juice 50 g
- The second broth or vegetable soup, cooked on the second broth – 30 g.
- Хлеб 10 г.
- Vegetable puree of broccoli or any other vegetables to choose from, it can be replaced with steamed vegetables – 160 g.
- Steam fish or meat cutlet, you can replace meatballs or meat soufflé – 70 g.
- Vegetable or fruit juice – 60 g.
- Fruit puree – 50 g.
- Cottage cheese, it can be given pureed or combined with fruit puree, also cottage cheese can be replaced with cottage cheese casserole – 60 g.
- Kefir – 150 g.
- Pumpkin puree or any other vegetables – 100 g
- Milk – 100 g
- Baked apple – 50 g.
With the correct introduction of complementary foods and a carefully thought out diet, as a rule, by the year the children are already familiar with all the main types of products. From this age, the baby is recommended to begin to translate very smoothly to a more solid and varied food. The basis of the food should still be semi-liquid dishes, but not only ground into mashed potatoes, but also containing small pieces of food. You should not give too dry food to your baby, as he may have difficulty in swallowing.
A child’s nutrition at 1 year old, however, as at any other age, must be balanced, containing all the necessary substances. The caloric intake of food consumed per day should be about 1300 calories, and its volume is about 1200 ml. For every kilogram of baby weight per day should be about sixteen grams of carbohydrates, four grams of fat and four grams of proteins.
In drawing up the menu, it should be borne in mind that the children’s organism needs not only the required amount of proteins, but also their qualitative full value. Therefore, use animal and vegetable proteins that are different in amino acid composition. Of the total protein, animals should account for 75 percent. Their main sources should be meat, poultry and fish.
Main products in the one-year-old baby menu
- Meat. Every day, the child requires about a hundred grams of meat products. This can be a rabbit, lean pork, veal, chicken, turkey, and offal – heart, tongue or liver. Of these, it is recommended to cook steam meatballs, meatballs, meatballs, meat souffles, etc.
- Eggs. In the child’s menu after a year, as before, it is allowed to enter only quail or chicken eggs, but only if the child does not have allergies to them. After a year, babies can be given both the yolk and squirrels. It is recommended to include eggs in the menu every other day or thrice a week one by one. They should only be hard boiled or cooked in the form of an omelet.
- Fish. It is recommended to give the kids no more than twice a week to 30-40 grams, and these days meat dishes should be excluded. Preference is given to low-fat varieties, with the lowest content of bones. Cod, pike perch, hake or sea bass are well suited for the children’s menu.
- Fats. The necessary portion of animal fat, as a rule, the child gets along with meat dishes. But besides this, he also needs vegetable oils. They are recommended to be added to dishes at the end of cooking, so as not to expose to a large heat treatment, during which carcinogens harmful to the body are formed. In addition, it is allowed to add butter to the prepared food, for example, in porridge or mashed potatoes.
- Vegetables. The nutrition of a one-year-old child must include a variety of vegetables. It is especially good to combine their consumption with protein products, as they improve the digestibility of protein. Vegetable diet can now diversify green peas, tomatoes, turnips and beets. In a year, crumbs of vegetables should be given still in the form of mashed potatoes, by about a year and a half it can already be offered steamed or boiled vegetables in slices.
- Fruits and berries. After a year, slowly, you can offer unfamiliar types of berries and fruits – peaches, apricots, kiwi, cherries, lingonberries, blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, raspberries, gooseberries, cherries, citrus, strawberries, cherries, currants. But only each of these products enter into the menu one at a time and in small quantities, and then carefully watch the baby’s reaction to them. Soft berries and fruits, such as strawberries and peaches, give the child slices, well, hard or with a dense skin, such as gooseberries, chop into mashed potatoes. They can be offered to the baby separately after the main meals or with cereals, cottage cheese or dairy products. On the day of the child should consume about two hundred grams of fruit.
- Dairy products. Baby nutrition after the year still must include dairy products. At this age, the crumb should get them about 600 milliliters per day. It is recommended to include up to two hundred grams of kefir or up to two hundred grams of yogurt in the daily children’s menu. In this case, yogurt should be made specifically for small children or be natural, having live bacteria. Cottage cheese can be offered to your child simply ground or in the composition of casseroles or puddings, its daily rate is now seventy grams. Sour cream (but only low-fat) should be used only to add to the main dishes.
- Cereals. It is impossible to imagine a children’s diet without porridges. Buckwheat and oatmeal are most useful for babies, as well as crumbs you can offer semolina, rice, millet, corn. Nevertheless, despite the usefulness of porridge, you can give crumbs no more than once a day, because the cereals interfere with the absorption of calcium.
- Sweets. The diet of a child in 1 year still excludes confectionery and sweets. Of the sweets, children of this age can occasionally be given marmalade, jam, honey (but only if the child is not allergic to it), dried fruits and cookies. Sugar is allowed to be added to dishes, but only in small quantities (not more than 40 grams per day).
- Bread. Before the baby turns a year and a half, his menu should include only white bread, because he digests better than others. Its amount per day should not exceed one hundred grams.
- Pasta. This type of products is not recommended to be included in the menu too often, it can be done no more than one, maximum two times a week. This is due to the fact that the pasta contains a lot of easily digestible carbohydrates. The child can offer pasta as a side dish or add them to soups.
- Drinking. Never forget to drink the crumbs with clean water (try to use the nursery in bottles), there are no restrictions on its amount. In addition, the baby can drink vegetable and fruit juices, dairy products, compotes, weak tea and herbal teas such as mint, fennel or chamomile.