The proper functioning of the nervous system is very important for the normal functioning of the body as a whole. Unfortunately, children often suffer from nervous disorders no less than adults. And if you do not pay attention to the existing problem in time, then it can develop into a serious disease with corresponding consequences. Consider what neurological diseases are in children, for what reasons they arise and by what methods are treated.
Disorders of the nervous system in children can be either mild or accompanied by such serious diagnoses as: epilepsy, cerebral palsy, nervous tic, syncope, speech delay, problems with concentration, neurological enuresis, stuttering, etc.
With complex forms of the disease, the treatment is very long and not always effective.
Children’s neurological diseases are based on the following reasons:
- Mom’s unhealthy lifestyle, as well as all kinds of pathologies during pregnancy;
- birth injuries;
- acquired intercostal neuralgia may occur due to improper picking;
- spinal disorders;
- regular carrying the baby in a kangaroo bag;
Pediatric neurological diseases, symptoms and treatment
Disturbances in the functioning of the nervous system can occur both immediately after birth and after some time. It should be wary if the baby constantly cries. Children are capricious in two cases: with improper care and the presence of physical or mental disorders. In any case, it is better to once again show the baby to the pediatrician. And he will decide whether in a particular case a consultation and observation by a neurologist is necessary or not.
Pediatric neurology has the following symptoms:
- strong feelings of the child for various reasons;
- excessive immersion in the fantasy world during the game;
- communication with imaginary friends;
- persistent headaches;
- nervous tic;
- lack of appetite;
- intrusive guards, tantrums, tearfulness;
- neurotic urinary incontinence;
- at an older age, fatigue, spinal disorders, frequent migraines, etc.
- in adolescence, a fanatical hobby for some extraordinary occupation (subculture religion, etc.).
Pediatric neuropathology is most often found in timid children with low self-esteem and parents who are under strict control or, on the contrary, left to their own devices from early childhood.
Treatment of deviations, as a rule, is prescribed by a neurologist for children.
The main methods of combating the disease are:
- drug treatment;
- physical exercises;
- various therapies (phyto, magneto, manual, etc.);
- physiotherapeutic procedures;
- surgical intervention in complex cases (operations on the brain and spinal cord).
Be mindful of your children. To prevent diseases of the nervous system, a child first of all needs a comfortable emotional atmosphere at home. Love and care will help to avoid many emotional disorders.