Headache is the most common and frequent kind of discomfort. The discomfort can appear suddenly even in a healthy person. It is not surprising that question – why a headache – causing a professional interest of doctors and concerned people who often suffer from this discomfort. The true cause of the pain can only detect scan events.
Why a bad headache?
Reasons for unpleasant feelings become factors which the person has to face very often:
- hormonal disruptions,
- food Allergy,
- excessive physical and mental stress.
Localization of discomfort depends on the causes that provoked it. Patients often complain of pain in the temporal area, this category discomfort the most dangerous and requires constant monitoring by a doctor. In addition, the pain is felt in the frontal and occipital parts of the head that may occur in the morning or in the evening.
The most common causes of severe headaches:
- Occipital pain is generally caused by abnormalities of the cervical spine, injury.
- Pain in the frontal part of the head, often triggered by infectious diseases, pathologies of the oral cavity, increased intracranial pressure, and allergic reactions to products.
- Temporal pain according to statistics concerned 70 % of the population and may be the result of alcohol intoxication, any fatigue (mental, emotional, and physical), concomitant diseases and poisoning.
Note: to find an effective treatment that not only eliminate the symptoms but also affects the cause of discomfort, only on the basis of the diagnostic measures.
Pain in the back of the head
The pain is accompanied by unpleasant, oppressive feeling in the head, ears, neck. Very often, patients confuse the two kinds of pain – headache and neck. In these parts of the body has many nerve endings, and they reflected provoke pain.
Reasons why headache in the occipital region:
- Frequent stressful situation. The peak of discomfort is evident to thirty years.
- Hypertension – a pathology associated with increased blood pressure. The disease is incurable, its symptoms can only be controlled, doing sports, abandoning bad habits and overly salty foods. At risk are older people, patients with a bad heredity, a sedentary lifestyle and incorrect diet.
- Injuries to the head.
- Mental and physical stress for a long period of time.
Note: if there is no possibility to see a specialist and be diagnosed, you can relieve pain with acupressure neck and shoulder area. In addition to the analgesic effect, the massage will help to determine precise localization of the discomfort.
Pain in the temporal part of the head.
The pain can be throbbing, dull, may be felt in one temple or pulsating on both sides of the head. The discomfort may disappear in a few minutes, and can be disturbed for several hours.
Causes of temporal pain:
Quite often the left or right side of the head hurt after pinching the nerve endings in the joints jaw, upper back. These endings are intertwined with the nerves of the temporal zones, and even minor overexertion can provoke temporal pain.
In addition, the experts identify other common causes.
- Disease infectious nature of influenza, sore throat and others.
- If you have a headache in the morning, most likely due to sleep disorders, insomnia or mismatched pillow, because the wrong body position night does not allow the body to relax.
- The menstrual cycle often causes discomfort in the temporal part. Usually, after pregnancy and childbirth unpleasant symptoms disappear.
- Hormonal changes caused by menopause, are the cause of unpleasant feelings.
- Increased intracranial pressure (intracranial hypertension) – pain extends to both sides of the head and is accompanied by an unpleasant whistling noise. The risk group includes people with overweight, which is why you need to carefully diet and, if necessary, to adhere to a diet system nutrition. In lying position the pain syndrome diminishes.
- Low intracranial pressure manifested as headache debilitating in nature with short-term hearing loss. If not promptly see a doctor, low blood pressure becoming chronic.
- Migraine is a very severe pain, which is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, disturbances in the functioning of the sense organs (sight, taste and smell) are often among the symptoms are fear of light and General weakness. Any movement causes a new attack of pain, lasting from a few minutes to half an hour and even several hours.
- Intoxication by alcohol is accompanied by nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
- Disorders in the adrenal glands, accompanied by excessive synthesis of adrenaline, which leads to increased blood pressure and headaches. The duration of the attack varies from five minutes to several hours.
In addition to the physiological factors, there are external causes, the impact of which causes temporal pain.
- The carbon monoxide poisoning. The situation is dangerous for life and health of a person, requires immediate treatment to the doctor.
- Fasting a day or more.
- Stay at the height of over four kilometres and descend to a depth of 400 metres.
- The regular flights.
Headache in the frontal lobe.
Discomfort in the forehead can be caused by many reasons, however, experts identify the main and most dangerous:
- Sinusitis – inflammation in the maxillary sinuses. If headaches are prolonged and are accompanied by a runny nose, you must immediately contact an otolaryngologist.
- Sinusitis (a form of sinusitis) – inflammation of the frontal sinus. Headache after sleep, the discomfort is only after the application of a vasoconstrictor (drops or ointments). Therapy is pain medicine, inhalation, prescribe a course of diathermy. Severe situations require antibiotic therapy, in rare cases, the patient needs surgery.
- Hypertension and hypotension, often accompanied by headache, this discomfort can wear a “wrap-around” character.
- Acute meningitis. The pain in the forehead is complemented by nausea and vomiting.
Five foods that can cause a headache
The reason for the discomfort is not the product itself, and a substance contained therein.
According to experts, these dangerous substances there are approximately two dozen, here are five of the most common.
- Fresh vegetables and fruits processed with nitrates.
- Meat products, among which there are antibiotics.
- Monosodium glutamate. Present in the form of dietary supplements in many foods, especially lots of it in raw seafood.
- Alcoholic beverages. In their composition there is a histamine. In moderate doses, the substance strengthens the immune system in large numbers is the cause of migraine.
- Caffeine. The main rule in the use of caffeine – moderation, excess substances in the body will trigger a headache.
Dangerous symptoms that require immediate treatment to the doctor
- Severe headaches of unknown origin, appeared for the first time.
- If the pain persists for three days even after taking painkillers.
- If the discomfort feels reminded of “explosion” inside his head.
- If in addition to headache the patient has broken the coordination of movements, the functioning of the senses, speech, confused thinking.
- If the pain is accompanied with fever and stiff neck.
- If the pain is worse at the slightest movement.
- If the pain is accompanied by vomiting, but not nausea.
- If the headache is frequent and pronounced, interfere with the performance of routine activities.
Headache is a serious reason to consult a doctor excuse their own inaction in this situation can not be. The sooner the patient will be examined by the neurologist and assign appropriate diagnosis, the faster will be appointed effective therapy. It is important to observe preventive measures to avoid stress, move more, drink clean water, to eliminate harmful products and to comply with the sleep mode.