When a person is fully healthy, the amount of produced mucus quickly. The bulk of it goes to the hydration of the mucous membranes of the nose, and the rest absorbs dust, bacteria and other unnecessary particles.
Secretion and excessive liquid most people removes bismarckiana. If mucus is produced more than the norm, they arise from the nasal cavity or clog the nasal passages.
- Infecting organism is viral or bacterial infection. Often infectious diseases start with a cold, so the body tries to neutralize the source of inflammation. In the first 2-3 days snot is flowing like water, and then becomes viscous, and acquires a green tint.
- Allergic reaction are a common reason is increased production aconselho secret. Allergen, penetrating into the nasal cavity, produces inflammation that causes the body to self-clean. In addition, allergies can be recognized by frequent desire to scratch my nose, sneezing and inflammation of the mucous membranes of the eyes (conjunctivitis). The cause of allergies can be pollen, dander, dust, etc.
- Reaction to stimuli. Snot is like water in a young child may experience after a long stay in a smoky room, and where in the air a large concentration of various chemicals and fragrances. Often such a cold accompanied by headaches.
- The use of vasoconstrictor drugs. Prolonged use of such medicines is addictive vessels. In the future, they lose the ability to function independently and produce excessive amounts of mucus.
- Injury. When scratching of the inner surface of the nasal cavity, the mucus coats the damaged area. It prevents the infection of wounds.
- The wrong form of the nasal septum. This abnormality prevents the normal production of mucus, therefore possibly increasing the amount.
To determine the exact cause need to consult ENT doctor. If necessary, may conduct additional surveys.
Is it possible to identify the cause at home?
To stop snot from a baby it is necessary to identify the cause of this condition. An accurate diagnosis can only physician. Yourself one can only speculate why pouring snot.
To do this, pay attention to the overall health and color selections.
- Transparent mucus is considered normal in the first 2 months of baby’s life. This is due to the habituation of the child to the environment. Also snot stream from the small child is possible in the period of teething, and after the passage of a tooth through the gums, they usually disappear as suddenly as they appeared. Bright mucus can indicate allergies.
- Green mucus is a sign of infectious disease or sinusitis. This shade due to its content of dead pathogens. To self-medicate in this case is not worth it. You need to immediately consult a doctor.
- White snot in a child can be due to disease, allergies, the presence of the patients teeth, abnormalities of the septum or swollen adenoids. To determine the specific reasons should visit a pediatrician.
- Yellow snot characterize the period of recovery of the baby, or the joining of additional inflammation. If the nozzles are not too many and they do not impede the breathing, then you should not worry.
- Mucus with blood streaks without additional unpleasant symptoms evidence near the blood vessels. When bismarkian they can’t stand the pressure and burst. If this happens frequently, check the humidity in the room. Dry air badly affect the mucous membranes of the child.
What to do if your child has snot stream because of allergies
If snot pouring water from a child because of allergies, try to immediately get rid of the allergen. Hypoallergenic bed linen, often do wet cleaning in the apartment and if possible, remove the flowering plants. Removing the allergen, you will get rid of liquid snot.
In that case, is not to eliminate the items that cause a negative reaction, is assigned to the following treatment:
- vasoconstrictive drops to relieve nasal congestion (Llanos, ksimelin, Naphazoline);
- antihistamines (Fenistil, Diazolin, Zyrtec);
- nasal lavage saline to remove the allergen from the nasal cavity (the Phrase, Akvamaris, Dolphin);
- ASIT – the therapy directed on elimination of hypersensitivity to a specific allergen.
What to do if your child has snot flowing stream because of a cold
All medical books when you answer the question, how to cure catarrhal rhinitis recommended a warm drink plenty of liquids. A viral disease it is not necessary to treat with medicines. Antiviral drugs have dubious efficacy and at best are aimed at removing symptoms. Only the fluid contributes to the removal of the virus from the body. In 3-5 years a child should drink at least a litre. Offer what is more like – juices, compotes, tea, just drink a sufficient amount.
The spread of viruses occurs only in the hot and dry air, so make sure its normal humidity. Turn on a humidifier or hang wet things. It stops further spread of infection. Wet air, plentiful drink and ventilation is all that is needed with the common cold.
If the child is experiencing significant discomfort from cold symptoms and at elevated temperatures can be used – Nurofen, Ibufen, Calpol. They should be used no more than 3 times a day and only for a short period.
With severe nasal congestion to alleviate the condition can vasoconstrictors (Protargol, Izofra). They should be selected according to the age of the baby. Treatment should last no longer than 5 days.
How to stop snot stream with the help of traditional medicine?
When cold and not necessarily to flee to the pharmacy and buy a strong medication. Popular recipes affect the mucous membranes of the child more gently, and not only to eliminate the abundant mucus, but also have a restorative effect on the body as a whole.
Very easy to make homemade nose drops.
The most effective recipes are:
- Aloe and sea buckthorn. Take 1 tablespoon of sea buckthorn oil and mix it with 0.5 a teaspoon of aloe juice. The resulting composition must instill 3 drops in each nostril in the morning and vecherom
- Kalanchoe and honey. The combination of these ingredients helps to make the snot thinner. 1 tbsp juice from the leaves of Kalanchoe should be mixed with 1 tsp of honey. Buried on 2 drops 2 times a day.
- Bay leaf. Pour 10 Bay leaves Cup of boiling water and add a tablespoon of honey. Let stand 2 hours and the resulting liquid is to bury your nose in the morning and evening.
Solutions for washing
Lavage is quite effective procedure when cold. Doctors often recommend it even as a prevention. In order to wash the baby’s nose you need to slightly tilt his head to the side and slowly inject the desired solution into the nose so that the liquid flowed out of the other nostril, and not fall into the throat. This procedure is carried out for both nostrils.
The best solutions are:
- Salt. In a glass of water dilute a teaspoon of table or sea salt. Conduct flushing in the occurrence of strong congestion of the nasal passages.
- Daisy. A decoction of this herb helps to relieve swelling and eliminate itching and sneezing. 1 tablespoon of chamomile flowers brew 250 ml of liquid, and allow to stand for 2 hours.
- Sage. A decoction of sage, eliminates bacteria. 15 grams of herbs, pour a glass of boiling water. The resulting solution was to do the washing 2 times a day.
Important! Do not use when flushing the nose children the syringe, as under the strong pressure of the solution can damage the delicate mucous membranes of the child.
Contraindications and cautions
Treatment should benefit. If possible, consult your pediatrician, it’s better than to treat the child yourself.
To do no harm, observe the following recommendations:
- Avoid inhalation and heating of the elevated temperature of the body.
- Do not use medications in the form of sprays for the treatment of children up to 2 years.
- Always carefully read the instructions for use of medicines.
- Do not put in nose garlic or onion. This can damage the delicate mucosa.
- Do not take antibiotics unless directed by your pediatrician.
- Do not use vasoconstrictor drops for longer than 5 days.