The temperature in the sinus is an optional feature. In 75% of cases, its increase in inflammation of the maxillary sinuses still observed, but there are exceptions.
How can there be temperature in the sinus?
Sinusitis is a disease which is accompanied by pronounced inflammation. As with any pathological process, the temperature in the sinus above the normal. Its value can reach 40 degrees. The indicators in each case may vary. It depends on the severity of the disease, characteristics of the person and the immune status. Rise of temperature means that the body produces protective antibodies and trying to overcome the disease.
Sinusitis without fever happens in the following cases:
- In older people, the disease may not have pronounced symptoms. The main discomfort deliver dizziness and heavy breathing. Typically, the manifestation of these symptoms are blamed on problems with the heart and respiratory system. To detect sinusitis helps the odor of nasal mucus, long cold and pain in the sinuses.
- People with weak immunity, the disease can occur with all the usual symptoms, but without fever. In these patients, the immune system is not able to resist, so the pathogen quickly fall into adjacent tissue and spread infection throughout the body.
- In young children the disease is expressed by a stuffy nose, poor sleep and moods.
- Chronic stage. If the treatment of the acute phase was carried out correctly, the disease may acquire a chronic form. In this case the pathology is difficult to diagnose. Symptoms may not be at all. The main feature which draws attention is the cough at night. This is because the mucus from the sinus cavities down the nasal passages and irritates the receptors.
Why and when the temperature rises in the sinus?
Temperature when sinusitis is caused by ingestion of infection. Spending only a few minutes to measure this indicator, it is possible to immediately determine the severity and stage of the disease.
At the peak of the disease and active reproduction of microbes, the patient noted a temperature in the region of 38-39 degrees. The appointment and appointment of adequate therapy, the thermometer column will fall to a value of 37 degrees. In that case, if the treatment was not, in a couple of weeks, the sinusitis can flow into the chronic stage. In advanced stage the symptoms are less pronounced, and the temperature of the human body can be 37-37,5 degrees or even normal.
When maxillary sinusitis of moderate severity the temperature are in the range of 37-38 degrees.
The mark on the thermometer is more than 39 degrees denotes the joining of a bacterial infection and is a cause for urgent hospitalization of the patient.
How long does the temperature in the sinus?
Increased body temperature reflects not only the growth of bacteria in the body, but is simply a rather unpleasant symptom of. Many patients are interested in how many days high temperature?
2-3 days after the start of treatment should come easier. This does not mean that the thermometer can be seen the figure of 36.6, but still the General condition will improve. This shows a reduction of pathogenic microorganisms in the body of the patient.
Malaise may persist for weeks. If after 7 days the symptoms have not disappeared then perhaps the treatment was carried out incorrectly and sinuses are not fully exempt from purulent contents.
If a patient had a biopsy (puncture), then the improvement must come immediately after surgery.
Do I need to bring the temperature down and how to do it right?
Fever with sinusitis – it is quite a common symptom, but do I need to bring the temperature down? If the thermometer shows 37-38 degrees, it means that the human body produces interferon. A protein that kills the pathogens that triggered the onset of sinusitis. Interferon production occurs as long as the person has a strong fever (up to 38.5 degrees). Therefore, with the temperature up to 38-39 to fight should not be. If the patient noted a fever, should be fever and visit a doctor.
Attention! High fever (above 40 degrees) is a threat to life. You should immediately call an ambulance.
To remove heat, relieve discomfort and reduce inflammation will help: Nurofen, Panadol, Paracetamol and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
Important! Each of these medicines cannot be used longer than 3 days.
In case of pronounced pain syndrome, you can take painkillers: Analgin, Ketorol, Nise. We must not forget that antipyretic drugs be removed only unpleasant symptoms, but do not eliminate the cause of the disease.
In the treatment of purulent form of sinusitis without antibacterial drugs do not work. Specific drug and its method of administration must appoint a physician after the tests.
Before taking antibiotics medicines are:
- Bacterial analysis. With this study, you can learn the type of bacteria causing the sinusitis.
- Antibiogram. This analysis determines the sensitivity of various groups of microorganisms to certain drugs. So the doctor can prescribe the most effective medicine.
If there is no possibility to conduct research, otolaryngologists prescribe drugs, which are effective with many bacteria. In the treatment of mild sinusitis is used penicillins: Ampicillin, Oxacillin, etc.
In that case, if penicillin does not work or the patient has intolerance to the drugs in this group, the use of macrolides (Azithral, Roxid, Josamycin) or fluoroquinolones (Ofloxacin, Gemifloxacin).
Important! All antibiotics need to take the course. Even if it is a relief not to quit taking medication.
Antipyretic medicines are allowed only a limited period of time, plus they affect the kidneys and liver.
In order to bring the temperature down with sinusitis you can use traditional recipes, time-tested.
To the healing procedures include:
- Cold compress. You need to take a small handkerchief or small towel, wet it in water and apply to forehead. If possible, it is in the water you can add a few drops of tea tree oil.
- Wiping. In the basin or pot you have to mix cool water and a little vinegar. The resulting composition of the wipe during fever. Vinegar can be replaced with alcohol.
- Drink plenty of liquids. Increased temperature of the body and a large amount of fluid provokes sweating. The evaporation of sweat has a cooling effect.
For oral use:
- Med. 250 ml of warm water to dissolve 1 tablespoon of honey. Water should not be hot, because at high temperatures honey loses its medicinal properties and can even cause poisoning.
- Herbal tea. 1 tablespoon of Linden, chamomile or rose hips pour boiling water. Let stand 30 min. To enhance the effect, you can add a slice of lemon.
Especially in children
In young children the immune system is very weak to overcome the strong inflammation without serious medication. Even at the initial stage of the disease the temperature may be in the region of 38-39 degrees. In such a situation should promptly seek medical advice. The doctor will prescribe medication and if the child is very small, it will direct on treatment in hospital.
Symptoms may persist for up to 5-7 days. It is this period usually lasts for intensive treatment. Complete recovery of the body comes only a few months. After sinusitis temperature is about 37 degrees may persist for 2 weeks.