Burning sensation in bladder – sensitive, extremely unpleasant problem that may face every man. The vast majority has the infectious nature. Women due to the anatomical features of the urinary tract (short, wide urethra) face the problem more often than men.
Constant discomfort in the lower abdomen, burning sensation that affect the ordinary routine of life and bring a lot of unpleasant moments.
What diseases have this symptom and how to handle them – the main topic of the article.
Disruption of normal functions of any organ of the genitourinary tract can lead to pain, burning or other symptoms in the region of the urethra and bladder. Gender differences in anatomy – based differences in the cause of the pathological process.
Causes in women include:
- Infectious agents: inflammatory changes of the mucous membrane of the urethral canal and bladder (urethritis, cystitis), caused by pathogenic flora (fungi of the genus Candida, E. coli, strepto – and staphylocci, activators of latent genital infections). Less pain and burning sensation in women is associated with inflammation of the renal pelvis (pyelonephritis).
- Somatic diseases (diabetes of both types, diabetes insipidus).
- Effect of allergens (cosmetics, detergents, fabric underwear, take medicines, contraceptives).
- Food preferences (spicy and pickled products).
- Microtrauma mucosa (instrumental investigations, violent sexual life, stones of the urinary tract).
- Neurovegetative reaction (neurogenic bladder as a somatic reaction to an intensive mental stress).
- Neoplastic processes (polyps, tumors).
- Irradiation phenomenon (a symptom associated with a reaction to the pathology of adjacent organs (intestine, uterus with appendages).
Cystitis – the most common cause of a burning sensation in the bladder in women
Causes in men include:
- Inflammatory process of infectious nature in the region of the kidneys (pyelonephritis), bladder (cystitis), prostate (prostatitis), urethra (urethritis). In men, the vast majority are of a specific nature (infections transmitted during sexual intercourse).
- The formation of stones the bladder and kidneys.
- Traumatic impact on any parts of the genitourinary system, including iatrogenic (instrumental further examination).
- Hyperplasia (enlargement) of the prostate adenoma.
- Non – malignant and malignant neoplasms of the genitourinary tract.
- Pathology of the rectum.
- The use of an excessive amount of spicy, marinated food.
- Reaction to drug therapy.
If a man there is a burning sensation in the bladder – to check the prostate gland
Burning sensation in the area of the bladder not have a single complaint, for each nosology (disease) is characterized by a combination of symptoms, based on what the doctor puts a diagnosis and determines the diagnostic procedure to confirm it. The first place in etiology are infectious processes, a little bit more about each of them below.
Any change with the genitourinary system, for whatever reason, requires a doctor’s consultation. Self-medication may lead to serious consequences!
Inflammatory changes in the urinary canal, accompanied by pain and burning sensation during urination. Can join redness around the urethra, change the transparency of urine.
Inflammation of the mucosal (inner) shell of the bladder in both sexes is clinically manifested dysuric disorders: discomfort and burning in the lower abdomen, painful and frequent urination. Strengthening of pain at full bladder. Temperature changes are not typical. Urine is cloudy.
Prostatitis and prostatic hyperplasia
The anatomical location of the prostate around the urethral canal cause changes of the function of urine output when any pathology.
- feeling of incomplete emptying of the bladder;
- constant feeling of heaviness, discomfort, and sometimes pain in the perineum;
- frequent night urination;
- the change of the urine stream (volume, power);
- the impossibility of discharge of urine (on the big stages of the adenoma) – acute retention – requires urgent medical assistance.
Cup inflammation of the renal pelvis system, the clinic includes:
- pain in the lumbar region;
- intoxication syndrome;
- dysuric disorders (change in the frequency of urination, the character of urine, discomfort and burning during urination is not always).
In the diagnosis of pyelonephritis ultrasound will help
Fundamentals of diagnosis and treatment
An accurate diagnosis always requires further examination. A burning sensation in the bladder is no exception.
In order to clarify the causes of pathology the physician can be assigned to laboratory and instrumental studies:
- Urine samples: total samples for Nechiporenko and zimnitskiy, a bacteriological culture.
- Blood tests: General, biochemical, possible fence for markers of neoplastic processes.
- Ultrasound examination of the genitourinary system, the abdominal cavity.
- Smear on specific diseases (latent infections).
- Inspection of the bladder mucosa through the optics (cystoscopy).
If there is suspicion of pathological changes to nearby organs, you may have extended further examination.
Treatment should be prescribed only by a specialist
The treatment is performed by a doctor in accordance with the identified pathological process.
General principles of therapy are derived from:
- antibacterial drugs, decoctions uroantiseptikov (infectious-inflammatory causes);
- correction of blood glucose levels (for diabetes);
- alpha-blockers (prostatic hyperplasia);
- operative treatment in case of tumor process.
Any discomfort, burning or pain in the region of the genitourinary tract requires medical advice. All diseases with this symptom is amenable to stabilization and recovery if therapy is initiated in full and on time.