Dentists claim that the germination time of the first teeth depends on a number of factors. It is hereditary and the quality of food, and climatic characteristics of the place of residence, gender (girls first teeth usually appear sooner). However, there are times when teeth erupt in children and on the first or second month. And some are even born with already protezavimo the molars and incisors.
As a rule, the teeth of kids appear at the age of six months, but sometimes it happens much earlier.
Probably the most famous baby born with teeth was the future king of France Louis XIV, nicknamed the Sun King. Just coming out of the womb, he could already boast two teeth, that court considered a special sign of destiny.
But perhaps the most spectacular case took place in Denmark already in the twentieth century. In 1970 in this country were born kid at once, with eight teeth, four of which were indigenous. It is noteworthy that the birth took place and at eight months pregnant. What influenced such early formation and teething baby, can only assume.
HOW TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE BABY IS TEETHING
The development of each child is deeply individual and depends on a number of factors, including genetic. However, there is a list of symptoms that are typical for almost every kid in the period of the appearance of the teeth.
Let’s consider them.
- Inflamed and red gums.
- The baby does not sleep.
- The child is too irritable, restless.
- The temperature rises to 38-39 C.
- Intense salivation leads to a wet cough.
- The child may be a stuffy nose, the mucus is clear and transparent.
- Develop diarrhea or constipation.
- A child always seeks to take some in your mouth.
- The child loses appetite.
- Possible vomiting, although this symptom is most rare.
Children suffer teething as the baby teeth can injure the mucosa, breaking through her bone marrow. For this reason, the child may feel poorly for several days. If the discomfort continues for more than four days, you must contact the pediatrician.
THE TIMING OF THE APPEARANCE OF THE FIRST TOOTH: IS THERE A NORM?
Typically, the first teeth erupt at 6-8 months of age, but possibly late. They often grow in pairs – two or even four at once. Such an accelerated growth rate leads to swelling of gums and pain.
Known cases when teeth erupt one to two months earlier than usual. This may indicate disorders in the endocrine system of the child. In most babies first tooth cut through to the middle of the eighth month, at the latest the twelfth. If this deadline is exceeded, you must contact to the doctor – maybe the baby rickets.
HOW TO RELIEVE BABY TEETHING
The child suffers during the emergence of the first teeth, and the task of parents is to try as possible, to help him to move such a difficult stage of growth. They can help:
1. SPECIAL TEETHERS
They are rounded and therefore absolutely safe for children. The baby can chew on the teether, thereby massaging the gums. There are models of teethers with a cooling effect.
2. HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES:
- “Dantherm baby” – has analgesic and regenerative effect.
- “Detoxing” is also stops the pain, relieves the syndrome of fever, eliminates problems with digestion.
3. DENTAL GELS
- Pasoral “First teeth”. The formulation of the drug was developed on the basis of herbs (marshmallow, saffron, chamomile). Contains no anesthetics. Contraindicated in children under the age of four months.
- Holisal – relieves pain, is antiseptic action. Among the downsides of the drug – the likelihood of allergic reactions in the form of a burning sensation.
- Baby Doctor “First teeth”. The basis of preparation – water and extracts of herbs (marshmallow root, plantain, calendula).
4. TRADITIONAL MEDICINES
Baby’s gums can be coated with honey to relieve inflammation. The area of the mouth can also be treated with coconut oil or baby cream to relieve irritation of the skin due to excess secretion. You can also rinse the child’s mouth with a decoction of chamomile, which has an analgesic effect and reduces inflammation.
ALARM SIGNALS THE APPEARANCE OF THE TEETH
Some of the symptoms should pay particular attention when they appear, immediately consult a pediatrician.
- the temperature is kept for a long period of time and/or rises above 39 C;
- occurs frequent cough with excessive phlegm;
- in the stool visible mucus or blood;
- intense and frequent diarrhea;
- the appearance of purulent discharge from the nose;
- the runny nose continues for more than four days;
- constipation persists for three to four days;
- in the mouth developing sores;
- prorezalsya teeth have the wrong tone (for example, with yellow spots or dark trim);
- at one year of age the baby had no teeth.
Be attentive to your child and try to help him as easy as possible to transfer this difficult period of growth.