All week we live at a crazy pace. And on Saturday and Sunday we have high hopes, trying to do on these days something that on weekdays did not have enough strength. But for some reason there is no time left for rest. And on Monday we feel as tired as on Friday.
And all because of the annoying mistakes that almost everyone makes. However, there are ways to spend the weekend profitably and at the same time have a good rest.
1. You arrange a grand cleaning
In many families, Saturday morning begins with a general cleaning, and it takes a whole day. Do not do it this way. We are sure that the weekends are too short to spend on putting things in order. If you do not want to feel like Cinderella, then we have a couple of tips:
- Do not accumulate dirt. Allow 15 minutes a day to maintain cleanliness. You will see that by the end of the week there will be no disorder.
- Clean up according to the schedule. For example, on Tuesdays you wash the floor. And it doesn’t matter whether it is pure or not. Such a system will allow you to keep the apartment in order every day.
2. You go shopping to unwind
Even if you love shopping, this is not the best option for leisure: you spend a lot of time, effort and money.
Psychologists say that people who spend money to get new experiences (going to the cinema, theater or to an exhibition) are much happier than those who prefer material wealth.
- Go shopping when you really need to. And clearly plan the time for shopping, so as not to spend the whole day looking for the right thing.
- Pamper yourself. Often, buying new things is a kind of stress therapy. Try to take a relaxing bath, read a good book or watch a new series – perhaps the thirst for unnecessary shopping will go away on its own.
3. You do not have a clear plan
Maybe this sounds a little strange, but the weekend also needs to be planned. Making a minute schedule smells like paranoia, but planning cultural events or going on a visit is a great idea.
- Plan 3-5 key events lasting no more than 3 hours. You will have time to get positive impressions and not get too tired.
- Come up with new family habits that will become a tradition. Whatever you choose – sharing breakfast or a morning walk – these things will turn into pleasant memories that will brighten up the gray workdays.
4. Take work to home
According to scientists, a 55-hour work week increases the risk of heart attack or stroke by several times. That’s why rest is so important: you restore not only scruffy nerves, but also the cardiovascular system. But what if thoughts of work haunt even Saturday and Sunday?
- Keep your phone away. And do not look into work mail. Social networks are also banned – create a complete informational vacuum for yourself.
- Choose the right type of vacation. Experts recommend resting on the principle of the opposite of the main occupation: if you sit all day in the office in front of the computer, then rest should be active.
5. You have the “Sunday Blues”
By Sunday evening, we understand that the weekend is running out, and tomorrow, again, “favorite” work awaits. Everything, the mood is spoiled, and the rest of the day we are only thinking about how to survive the next week. Do you know this feeling? Psychologists even came up with a special name for him – “Sunday blues” (from the English Sunday night blues).
But this feeling can and must be fought.
- Visualize. Imagine an ideal working week: you easily deal with all tasks and solve all complex issues. Indeed, in the end, most of the fears turn out to be unfounded, and unpleasant aftertaste on Sunday evening gives alarming expectations.
- Make a stretch. This type of exercise helps the body increase the production of GABA (a neurotransmitter that slows down the nervous system and soothes).
6. Sleep too much
The desire to sleep on the weekend is quite natural. However, doctors warn: excess sleep is harmful in the same way as its lack. It is possible that the rest of the day you will feel like squeezed lemon. And the time that you could usefully have already been spent on a useless (and not bringing real rest) sleep.
- If the desire to sleep is stronger than you, take a nap during the day : 20 minutes of rest will give vigor.
7. You do not leave home
By the end of the week, we just want to wrap ourselves in a blanket, grab food in bed and spend 2 days in peace and quiet. However, this is a big mistake. Of course, sometimes you can and should sit back, but walking in the fresh air is important for health.
- An hour’s walk increases the energy level by 90% and acts no worse than a cup of coffee – doctors say so. Before the start of the work week, you will feel omnipotent, and that’s great.
8. Light up at parties
Is Friday or Saturday evening the perfect time for a party? And here it is: alcohol suppresses the production of melatonin (this is a hormone that tells your body it’s time to relax). And the next morning after the party will be spoiled by the consequences of libations. The result is minus 1 day off.
- Abstinence is the main secret of a good rest. And do not forget to eat tightly if you could not get out of the feast.
- Drink more water. A glass of wine should account for 3 glasses of pure water.
- Refuse alcohol completely. Change your leisure culture – it’s easier than it sounds. Delicious food, exciting board games, theme parties and good music relieve stress.