Summers or winters, every season has its own set of skincare issues. And even if, by chance, the effect of changing weathers on the skin is tackled, we can always count on breakouts that occur just before a big event. What if we told you that you can now save all that money, and also get a great skin by just running to the kitchen cabinet instead of the drugstore?
Whoever said that the best things in life aren’t free was right and that’s exactly how we feel about skincare. Skincare is an expensive journey (hello anti-oxidant serums and vitamin capsules)! But, it is an inevitable one.
You needn’t rush for a facial or a chemical peel; just make a hot compress out of a tea bag. A warm tea bag can help bring the pimple head to the surface and also reduce the swelling and redness. If you knew about that hack or if you are intrigued to know more about such hacks that can save your skin problems from raining over your parade, we have a low-down of 7 skincare hacks that work like a charm.
1. DIY Baking Soda Face Peel
Gather a few household staples- baking soda, honey, and lemon juice. With commercial procedures being the rage, homemade masks are dime a dozen. But, if you are all about DIYs, mix two teaspoons of baking soda with a teaspoon of honey. To this, add lemon juice and then apply it to your face. Now you need to give your skin 10 minutes- 5 minutes of it to dry, and another 5 minutes to admire the radiant skin. Baking soda is a treasure trove for skincare.
2. Say Hello To Salt
What do you do when you have a random zit on your face (other than sulking)? Instead of panicking or trying to pop it, use sea salt to reduce the inflammation. Sea salt is loaded with powerful antibacterial properties that reduce the redness and clear the pores out. Make a paste of sea salt and warm water and apply it over the zit. Let it dry before you rinse it off. You can also rub some ice over it if you don’t have access to sea salt.
3. Disinfect The Pores With Asprin And Honey
Yes, you read that right. This analgesic has more uses than just treating pain. It can keep the flowers fresh for longer when dissolved in water, and it can also reduce the swelling and redness that acne leaves behind.
Honey’s antibacterial properties can easily disinfect the pores and also hydrate your skin. So, first clean the skin with a toner to open the pores. Next, crush an aspirin in a bowl and add a bit of toner to it. Apply this paste to the acne spots and let it dry for 5 minutes. Wash off the paste and then dab a little honey to treat the blemishes. You can keep the honey for 10 minutes.
4. Scrub It Away
A perfect blend of sugar, salt, honey, and coconut oil can do wonders for the skin. It unclogs the pores, gets rid of acne, and exfoliates the skin to remove the dead layer. The scrub can be used for the face and the body, but care should be taken while scrubbing.
The Do’s Of Skincare
Skincare isn’t like a one night stand; it’s more of a long-term relationship that requires a lot of attention and effort.
There are certain best practices that are widely accepted to keep the skin healthy and clear.
- Splash some water on your face and wash it clean. Cleanse your skin of any dirt and grime using a facial wash. Consult a dermatologist or check for yourself which product suits your skin and use it.
- Wipe your makeup away before you hit the sack. No matter how tired you are, make it a point to remove your makeup before you sleep. Let your skin breathe. All those layers of foundation and concealer can make your skin to choke.
- Keep a moisturizer handy. Be it your face or your hands and nails, always moisturize your skin. We often deprive our skin of the hydration it needs. So, hydrate and moisturize your skin if your dream skin is a radiant and clear one.
- One of the most repetitive but often ignored advices is the use of sunscreen daily. We often forget to wear sunscreen or sometimes give it a pass on a cloudy day. But here is the truth-the sun’s rays are harsh, and even on cloudy days, there are enough ultraviolet rays.
- If you want to prevent dark circles, puffy eyes, and wrinkles early on, get your hands on eye cream. Apply this before you slide into deep slumber. The under eye creams that are rich in vitamin A, C, K, and E keep the wrinkles and dark circles away.
Skincare need not be expensive. Hack your way to a great skin. What are your skincare hacks? Let us know in the comments below.