We have all come across the proverbial saying that “You are what you eat.” And fruits are one of the things that we eat because they are good for us, but how about applying them to our skin? Whether you want to tighten your skin or improve the facial blood circulation, facials do wonders to your face (1). So, why not combine the best of both worlds – fruits and facials – to give yourself a glow that will make you shine bright like a star, anywhere you are!
Fruit facials are not only safe to use but they are affordable and easy to make. They have generous amounts of alpha hydroxy acids, glycolic acids, malic acids, vitamins, and minerals that are usually used in skincare products (2). Just imagine all that goodness seeping into your skin! The end result is obviously going to be nourished and more polished skin. If you’re more concerned about a glow that lightens your skin tone, fruits will empower you with their natural bleaching properties, too.
Before we jump into the different kinds of fruit packs, here’s a quick guide on how to do a facial:
How To Do A Homemade Fruit Facial
- Clean your skin: Cleanse your skin of any dirt and impurities from the face. Use a mild cleanser and remove all the makeup too.
- Scrub: Next up, scrub the face to eliminate dead skin. This also helps the skin to absorb the fruit juices, enzymes, and vitamins from the fruit paste. If you wish to go natural all the way, use a homemade walnut scrub.
- Face massage: Make a pulpy puree of the fruit combos that you like and mash it well. You can either use a blender or mash it up with your hands. (This is your main component for the facial.) Massage the pulp on the face evenly, in gentle circular motion. Exert light pressure on the skin. This pressure boosts the blood circulation and relieves the facial stress. Meanwhile, the enzymes and vitamins work on your skin to lighten blemishes and provide a glow to your skin.
- Fruit face pack: Now coming to the star of the show – the face pack. This is the last step in every facial. After massaging, it is important to apply a face pack to tone and tighten the skin. For your fruit pulp to transform into a pack, mix some Multani mitti (fuller’s earth) with it. Let the pack stay for 20 minutes, then wash it and pat it dry.So, now that you know your way around giving yourself a facial, you can now choose your favourite fruit pack from below and let your skin make love with the fruits!
1. Tomato Face Pack
What you need: Tomatoes, yogurt, and oatmeal.
The pack: Make a wholesome blend of the three ingredients in a thick paste-like consistency. This mask is the best for you if you’re looking for some radiance and lightening of black spots. The tomatoes in the pack clean your pores, and the yogurt with all its antioxidants and vitamins acts as a natural moisturizer. Next time you need to wake your dull skin up, tomatoes are here to rescue you (3).
2. Cucumber And Milk Face Pack
What you need: Honey, milk, brown sugar, and of course, cucumber.
The pack: Blend all the ingredients together until you get a liquid-y consistency. If you have dry skin, add a tad bit of glycerin to the mix. Apply this to the face, neck, and eye area and leave it for 20 minutes. Use this pack for a week to see a natural shine on your face (4).
3. Strawberries And Chocolate Face Pack