To get beautiful, slim and fit hands is very simple. To do this, it is enough to perform one exercise – a headstand. Yes, yes, exactly on the head.
Standing on your head is not only one of the fitness trends on Instagram, but also a great way to tighten the upper body and improve overall muscle tone.
It is no secret that the exercise itself costs our body great effort, which means that its implementation is a real achievement. A headstand requires strong muscles, some practice and focus. And photos on Instagram, of course.
A headstand has several advantages. And you didn’t even know about some of them.
- Strengthens shoulders and arms. Headstand – An amazing posture to strengthen your upper body. While on your head, you use the strength of your arms and shoulders to hold on, rather than putting pressure on your neck and spine.
- Improves blood circulation in the brain. Regular performance of the headstand ensures blood flow to the brain cells, making it more active.
- Prevents hair loss. Hair loss, graying, and baldness are often caused by poor circulation in the scalp. The headstand sends enriched blood not only to the brain (cerebellum), but also to the scalp.
- Improves mental health. A headstand normalizes the functioning of the nervous system and increases mental activity and clarity.
- Improves eyesight. A headstand improves the overall functions of our eyesight, smell and taste. Additional blood flow during a headstand helps the sensory organs to function properly.
- Strengthens the body. In order to maintain a straight headstand, the practitioner must use the abdominal muscles, including oblique, straight abdominal cavity and transverse abdominal cavity.
- Improves the quality of sleep. Regular practice of exercise can help people suffering from poor sleep.
- Relieves stress. A headstand also reduces the production of cortisol, the stress hormone, and increases blood flow to the brain, stimulating the production of melatonin, dopamine and serotonin, all hormones that help regulate mood.
- Improves digestion. When the body is turned upside down, the pituitary gland, which plays a role in healthy digestion, is stimulated. A headstand is recommended for irritable bowel syndrome and other digestive diseases.
- It treats sexual disorders. A headstand helps in the fight against sexual disorders (prostate, hydrocele, leukorrhea, spermatorrhea and menstrual irregularities).
Before you begin to perform a headstand, you need to prepare. It is worth starting with a classic workout and moving on to more complex training options. So, professionals are advised to perform several basic yoga exercises. One of these is chaturanga. This is a basic exercise that everyone can do. It strengthens the muscles and tone them, helping to simplify the process of doing the stance.
Performing a headstand is in the corner of the room to minimize the risk of collapsing to the side, like a happy panda.
- When doing the stance, first raise your leg and push off the second. Go to the stand itself when you feel that the muscles in your arms are already strong. Keep your back straight.
- Your fulcrum is a very important part of doing the exercise. Make sure that the fulcrum is 4 cm above the hairline. Bring your elbows at an angle of slightly less than 90 degrees, and grab your hands together.
- If you fall, then roll forward somersaults. Having bent in a back it is impossible to fall.
Perform a headstand is several times a day. Stop doing the exercise when you feel weak in your arms. And after the rest – back to work.
With proper preparation, you can perform a headstand for up to 20 minutes. With long “sessions” of exercise, the muscles of the arms and back will strengthen, which will make them much more harmonious and sturdy.