In a timely manner by listening to your body and not ignoring the signals that it sends, you can avoid many serious pathologies and their serious consequences. Especially it is impossible to neglect the phenomenon of pain.
Getting rid of this painful feelings most people using analgesics available in the home medicine Cabinet. But this method of treatment is not ideal, the temporary relief is given, and the problem remains not solved.
If there is pain in the stomach, according to its nature and impact in other places it is possible to assume, the symptoms of a disease it is. Most often, such an uncomfortable feeling in the epigastrium gives back. Uneducated in the field of medicine the person may seem that these symptoms are not interrelated and imply a different disease. However this is a misconception: pain in the epigastric area and back often the symptoms dysfunction same body.
1. Perforated (ruptured) ulcer.
Is a through-defect in the mucosa of the stomach, resulting in the merger of the lumen of a hollow organ to the abdominal cavity.
The pathology is characterized as simultaneous cutting pain in the back (in the right shoulder, under the scapula or clavicle) and the upper abdominal area, and other characteristics:
- the sharp tension of the abdominal muscles;
- ledge cold sweat;
- a pale skin;
- decrease in blood pressure;
- the inability to move and to breathe deeply.
Sometimes this complication is accompanied by vomiting, and after hours and hours and bloating because of pathogenie gases.
2. Hepatic (biliary) colic.
Acute painful condition that developed on the background dyskinesia (movement disorders) of the biliary tract. His symptoms manifested vividly:
- sudden stabbing attack in the quadrant (it seems that stomach aches), which gives to the neck, back, right shoulder blade (or radiating pain between the shoulder blades);
- the urine becomes dark in hue;
- marked nausea and repeated vomiting;
- body temperature rises;
- occurs discoloration of the stool.
The worm-like inflammation of the Appendix cecum (the Appendix) generally begins with the development of dull pain in the abdomen near the navel and radiating for the lower right side and back.
Additional characteristics become pronounced within 12-18 hours is:
- loss of appetite;
- frequent episodes of vomiting;
- liquid or solid stool;
- fever in combination with chills and shivering;
- tenesmus (ineffectual and extremely painful urge to urination or defecation).
Enzymatic lesions of the pancreas the patient complains of throbbing, intense pain in the stomach radiating to the back and under the chest, which instantly increases after meals. The patient suffers, the observed acceleration of heart rate, increased blood pressure, swelling of the abdomen, nausea and vomiting. During the day, felt unexplained fatigue, possible fainting.
5. The cholecystitis.
Under this disease involve inflammation in the gallbladder, the symptoms of which are largely similar to those of hepatic colic.
But in the case of acute calculous cholecystitis characterized by its own specificity:
- cramping pain begins in the right side and hypochondrium, gradually covering the major part of the abdomen (some people may also seem that it’s a pain in the stomach) and reflected in the right arm and back;
- appears symptom Obraztsova (that is, attacks are aggravated by fully straightening the right leg);
- noticed a weakening of the body, speech, cold sweat, bitter taste in the mouth;
- lowered blood pressure;
- periodically finds nausea, with vomit contain bile.
6. Intestinal obstruction.
This syndrome characterized by a disorder of advancing intestinal contents (secret of the glands of the intestine and the food of the masses), different manifestation of the following symptoms:
- there is a faint, aching pain in the abdomen, which shoots up the left side;
- increases body temperature;
- there are cramps (muscle spasm) of the abdominal cavity;
- unstable stool.
Often patients indicate that the pain in my stomach gives in chest and radiates to the back.
Other causes of pain
Women, when the stomach pain experienced in the lower abdomen and back, there is a possibility of an ectopic pregnancy (in the fallopian tube, cervix, ovary or even the abdomen). If the diagnosis is confirmed, treatment is possible only by surgery (mainly due to the laparoscopy – minimal invasive surgery, which is made with 3 puncture in the umbilical region, right and left).
In the case of occurrence of physiological (uterine) pregnancy, pain in the epigastric area accompanied by a return in the back, may mean it is a complication (up to and including threats of termination) in connection with:
- stretching of the ligaments that support the uterus;
- excessive tension of the abdominal muscles;
- a pathological condition of the gastrointestinal tract.
Often pain in the stomach radiates to the back with neurological and gynecological (fibroma, chronic adnexitis) ailments. These same symptoms often have diseases of the pleura and lungs. For example, pain during pneumonia may simulate an attack of sciatica, and a “picture of acute abdomen” with touching left or right side (depending on localization of the inflammatory process in the lungs and destruction of the pleural layers).
If there are cramps in the lower abdomen with the recoil in the lower back and tingling and burning sensation during urination, we can talk about the urinary tract infection.
Secondary symptoms this will serve as:
- murky, dark color of urine (possible blood) and its strong smell;
- the presence of a yellowish secretions;
- the feeling of insufficient emptying of the bladder;
- body aches;
- sharp pain during intercourse (women).
As all the abdominal organs receive a nerve supply from the spinal segments, it is impossible to exclude and related diseases: osteochondrosis of the thoracic or lumbar, herniated disk, cancer, lumbago (backache in the lumbar area can give pain not only in the belly, the buttocks and chest), and other pathology of the back.
What to do?
From what you have to do ill is to take a horizontal position to reduce the load on the spine and alleviate pain. When the attack weakens, the occiput may not be out of the question: first you need to turn to the right or left side (which hurts), to become, at the same time relying on both knees and palms, and then slowly rise using auxiliary support.
If the stomach pain is piercing, cutting in nature and strongly radiates to the neck, back, lower back, shoulder, or thoracic, is accepted pain medication anti-inflammatory action (for example, Novigan, Aspirin). However, to continue self-treatment is unacceptable: you need to immediately visit a doctor or call an ambulance.
A timely examination by a specialist, the passage of the designated diagnostic procedures (cystochromoscopy, intravenous urography, procedure pH-metry, gastroscopy) and passing the necessary tests (urine, feces, blood) can not only eliminate the unpleasant, sometimes agonizing symptoms of the disease but also to prevent possible serious consequences. Whenever there is pain in the stomach, lower abdomen, radiating to chest, back or other parts of the body, you should seek medical help. Only professional diagnosis and treatment is the key to successful resolution of a health problem.