The best method for diagnosis of diseases of the colon is colonoscopy. This method allows you to visually assess the condition of the mucous membrane, if necessary, you can take a piece of tissue for research or to remove a tumor, a polyp.
But for the successful conduct of the procedure, the bowel must be empty, many experts prefer the preparation with Fortrans. This medication quickly and efficiently empty the contents of the colon and small intestine, side effects are almost absent.
Mechanism of action
The main task in preparing for the examination to properly cleanse the bowel. Previously used an enema, receiving a huge amount of laxatives, there are now new tools that make the training less unpleasant. Fortrans is composed of a polyethylene glycol that is the active substance in combination with the electrolytes sodium, potassium, chlorine.
- 1. The drug is not absorbed in the intestine, it does not interact with enzymes or other chemical compounds.
- 2. The active ingredient binds to water molecules, the amount of content increases, it stimulates and leads to the release of large amounts of liquid stool.
- 3. Preparation for colonoscopy with Fortrans prevents the loss of trace elements. Due to the presence in solution of electrolytes in the lumen of the intestine is created isosmotic condition, no need for secretion of these substances.
- 4. The use of the drug is sufficient for the preparation of the study, additionally do not need to use laxatives, enemas.
- 5. Make Fortrans quite easily, no need of extra assistance, it can be done at a convenient time.
- 6. The creators of the tools took care to reduce the number of unpleasant symptoms during the reception of the solution.
In most cases the surveys are conducted in the morning which is convenient for the patient, but sometimes a colonoscopy is in the afternoon, then preparations will look a little different.
Before taking the drug Fortrans, you need to adjust the power. Diet will facilitate the process of purgation. 3-4 days before the proposed study is recommended to follow a few rules.
Products which should be abandoned:
- 1. Vegetables and fruit fresh, especially the cabbage, beans, carrots, beets, onions, radishes, garlic, grapes, apples. They increase the leg, swell the volume of the intestinal contents becomes greater.
- 2. Barley porridge, millet.
- 3. Black bread, dried fruits.
- 4. Can’t drink carbonated drinks, milk, these foods can cause fermentation, bloating.
Preference should be given to:
- Boiled meat, fish, poultry.
- The broth should be navaristye.
- White bread is used, resolved, boiled eggs or omelette on pair.
- Cheese, dairy products must be present in the diet.
The Use Of Fortrans
The pharmacy need to buy the drug in one box – 4 bags with the substance. One of them is 20 kg of body weight, with a weight of 60 kg is enough to drink 3 packets, if the same person weighs 75-80 kg, to achieve the result you need their number to increase to four. For preparation of solution the contents of the package is poured into the container, it may be a bottle or can, filled with water without gas with the expectation of a liter of liquid per sachet of Fortrans, the total volume of 3-4 l. Drink slowly in small SIPS, about 250 ml every 15-20 min Thus, the whole procedure of acceptance of the solution will be delayed for 4 hours.
Hard to drink plenty of fluids, because to improve the taste of the solution is added to the juice of a lemon, orange.
1. If colonoscopy is scheduled for the morning, to take the drug Fortrans can simultaneously, that is, for one day.
- The day before the examination, the last meal should be easy, not later than 14:30.
- 2-3 hours after a meal take the first portion of the Fortrans, that is, to begin to drink the solution in 17.
- Urge to the toilet will start an hour after the first glass.
- For 4 hours, until 21:00 regularly drink the solution. Last bowel movement should be clear water 2 hours after discontinuation.
- If the procedure is performed in the morning, this training enough.
2. If the colonoscopy will take place after lunch, some items will change slightly.
- Make the product better in two stages. So in preparation for the examination of the bowel will be better.
- The night before the test, 3 hours after the last meal to drink 2 liters of a solution that is half. Recommended to start at 17-18, urination in the toilet should cease within 2 hours after admission.
- The next morning, repeat the procedure and take another 2 sachets of Fortrans diluted in two liters of water.
- Better to do it sooner, starting from 7 am to noon the evacuation was over and it was time to go for examination without fear of awkward situations.
- If colonoscopy is performed in the afternoon, fasting is not necessary, slight eating, egg, cottage cheese, juice or tea.
Colonoscopy bowel – difficult diagnostic intervention, because the study need to be tested. ECG is a must, without which it is impossible to start the procedure.
Colonoscopy bowel always accompanied by unpleasant sensations, which is caused by stretching of the bowel loops of the endoscope, inflating air. Therefore it is better to conduct research under General anesthesia. In this case the person escapes such as pain and psychological discomfort. If there are contraindications to anesthesia means that the maximum help you relax. Preparing for a colonoscopy can also be difficult.
You need to remember how to accept Fortrans, otherwise this procedure may cause unpleasant effects.
- 1. A large amount of fluid inflates the intestine, there is a feeling of fullness, nausea, in some cases, it ends with vomiting.
- 2. In 15% of patients may experience headache that go away on their own within half an hour.
- 3. As a result of individual intolerance can be an allergic reaction.
- 4. Frequent trips to the bathroom can cause irritation of the anus, so replace the toilet paper on cleaning with warm water, use a decoction of chamomile.
The drug Fortrans provides for the use of large amounts of fluid, which creates pressure on the body, for some illnesses is contraindicated.
- 1. Severe decompensated as with the presence of cardiac, renal failure, severe dehydration of the body.
- 2. In intestinal obstruction to drink Fortrans is contraindicated because the liquid will not freely leave the intestine.
- 3. Extensive ulcerative lesions of the mucosa of the colon or malignant tumor.
- 4. In children this procedure is not carried out, are shown only to adolescents older than 15 years.
- 5. If you have experienced allergic reactions to components of the preparation Fortrans from taking it should be abandoned.
High-quality preparation for a colonoscopy will make the survey more informative. The lack of content in the gut will help to clearly see changes in the oral mucosa. Fortrans cleans large and small intestine, easy to use, with an affordable price. As with any drug, it has its contraindications and side effects; therefore it needs to appoint a doctor.