Considered medicines belong to one pharmacological group. They have the same active substance, are absolute analogues of each other. If necessary, you can replace one tool with another. Their main task is to minimize concomitant diabetes mellitus diseases. Endowed with general indications, contraindications, side effects. They also have the same form of release. Both drugs are available in Germany.
These medicines are practically no different. Some differences include:
- The presence of auxiliary components. Due to various additional substances, the effect of the drug may vary. Therefore, in order to understand which drug is best suited, it is recommended to take a course of each of them.
- Price category. The cost of thioctacid is from 1500 to 3000 rubles, depending on the dosage. Berlition is much cheaper, it can be purchased for an amount of 500 to 800 rubles. In this case, the second medicine has the advantage.
Another difference is that Thioctacid is completely ready for administration. Berlition must first be diluted in a solution of sodium chloride. For some, this does not seem quite comfortable, so they prefer the first drug.
Both products are highly effective, so it’s hard to say which one is better. They successfully cope with their tasks, as evidenced by patient reviews.
Do not forget that self-medication is unacceptable. Both products can only be purchased on a prescription form. Therefore, it is necessary to consult with a doctor who can select the necessary remedy for each individually, depending on the characteristics of the body. You should also carefully read the instructions for use to avoid unwanted effects.
People suffering from diabetes often face its complications. This disease has a significant effect on the internal organs, but the liver is most at risk. In many cases, hepatitis, cirrhosis and other serious pathologies develop. Therefore, it is very important to prevent complications arising from diabetes. For such purposes, patients are prescribed special medications. Among them, Thioctacid and Berlition proved to be good.
Characterization of the drug Thioctacid
It is a drug with antioxidant effects that regulates carbohydrate and fat metabolism. The active ingredient is lipoic acid. It helps protect cells from the toxic effects of free radicals by neutralizing them. In addition, it performs the following functions:
- Restores and supports the basic functions of the liver.
- Reduces the level of certain lipids, cholesterol, glucose in the blood.
- Improves cellular nutrition, neuronal metabolism.
It is available in the form of film-coated tablets, as well as intravenous solutions.
Indications for use are:
- The set of slowly occurring diseases of the nervous system that occur due to excess sugar.
- Neurological pathology that occurs in individuals who abuse alcohol.
Due to the lack of sufficient practice of the drug, it is not recommended for use with:
- The period of bearing a child.
- Children’s, teenage age.
- Individual intolerance to the constituent components.
During treatment, unwanted side effects can be detected:
- Nausea, vomiting.
- Pain in the stomach, intestines.
- Violation of the stool.
- The weakening of taste buds.
- Skin rashes, hives, itching, redness.
- Acute allergic reaction.
- Dizziness, migraine.
- A sharp drop in glucose.
- Blurred consciousness, increased sweating, decreased sharpness of vision.
In case of an overdose, severe intoxication, violation of blood coagulation, convulsive attacks can occur. This can sometimes be fatal. After the first symptoms appear, it is necessary to immediately deliver the patient to the hospital.
Characteristics of the drug Berlition
It is a medication that neutralizes the negative effect of oxidants, as well as regulating the metabolism of fats and carbohydrates. The active ingredient helps to reduce the concentration of glucose in the blood and increase the polysaccharides in the liver. In addition, it lowers insulin levels and regulates cholesterol metabolism. Edema of the nervous tissue also decreases, the damaged cellular structure improves, and energy metabolism normalizes. Available in the form of tablets, concentrate for the preparation of injection solutions.
Indications for use are:
- A complex of diseases caused by a complication of diabetes.
- Neurological pathology resulting from acute or chronic alcohol intoxication.
- Individual intolerance to active or auxiliary components.
- Persons under the age of eighteen.
- The period of gestation, breastfeeding.
This drug should be taken with caution in order to avoid the following side effects:
- Decline in taste.
- Bifurcation in the eyes, decreased vision.
- Uncontrolled muscle contraction.
- Impaired platelet function.
- Capillary hemorrhage under the skin.
- Blood clots.
- Drop in glucose concentration.
- Dizziness, migraine, rapid pulse.
- Shortness of breath, shortness of breath.
If you suspect an overdose, you must immediately call an ambulance.