The appearance of a child is a great joy for a young family. Motherhood is a huge joy in the life of every woman. Pregnancy and childbirth is a difficult process for a woman, because her body directs all vitamins and forces to the development and bearing of the baby.
Not only the immune system is changing, but also the hormonal structure of the body. It all reflects on the skin. A woman may find that she has acne after childbirth, as well as acne, pigmentation or peeling. Skin problems do not appear in all women, but many face it.
Reason for occurrence
There are several factors that can contribute to the formation of pimples on the face after childbirth.
- Pregnancy affects the hormone progesterone (female hormone). It is he who is responsible for the condition of the skin. After birth, the amount of the hormone decreases or increases, which leads to dryness or increased secretion of sebum. Immediately deal with skin problems, not enough time, so the situation may worsen.
- Review your diet. Exclude sweet, flour, that is, all allergens that affect the skin and can affect the health of the crumbs.
- Increased sweating. In this case, the pores do not have time to secrete sebum, they become clogged, and this is a direct path to the formation of acne.
- Due to low physical activity, blood circulation slows down, which prevents the skin from breathing normally.
- Untimely and improper facial hygiene. With the advent of a small child, many do not have time to wash their hair, cleanse their face with scrubs, masks, and so on.
How to treat acne?
It is not so easy to get rid of the appearance of rashes, because the hormonal balance cannot be restored quickly and, as usual, after the baby is born, there is not enough time for itself.
However, there are a number of tips on how to cure acne on the face after childbirth :
- Eat more vegetables, fruits, only so as not to harm your baby’s small body.
- Visit a dermatologist who will help identify the cause of acne after childbirth. Your doctor may prescribe hormone tests.
- One of the effective methods are decoctions of herbs. If breastfeeding is a safe way. It will be enough to prepare a decoction (infusion) of herbs that are able to relieve inflammation, irritation. For example, calendula, mint, sage, succession, St. John’s wort.
- Make compresses on problem areas from pulp or aloe juice or from wormwood and plantain.
- To get rid of acne with the help of medical products, anoint the problem areas with zinc ointment. Also find out in the pharmacy about the “talker”, which also has a good effect.
- After discharge from the hospital, do not immediately cleanse your face with abrasive scrubs, since sensitive skin may cause irritation and redness. Be sure to clean the skin only with mild cosmetics.
- Pay attention to the smell of cosmetic masks and lotions, they may have a specific smell. Young children are sensitive to pungent odors. Therefore, use homemade cosmetics. For example, a mask of oatmeal with honey and yolk.
- Moisturize and nourish your skin with a baby cream or oil.
- Do not abuse makeup, a minimum of makeup.
All these tips are individual, choose the one that will be the safest for you and your baby.