After the birth of a baby, a young mother may face the problem of a lack of milk. To stimulate lactation in a natural way, experts recommend using Lactamil.
When it is recommended to take a mixture of Lactamil
Lactamyl is a drug that is recommended for mothers with a shortage of breast milk to feed the baby. It is prescribed to women after 20 years with multiple pregnancy, at the beginning of lactation, as well as in cases where the volume of milk has decreased due to stressful situations, hormonal changes, or other factors.
Experts advise to start taking the mixture from the first days after birth, as this helps to increase milk production.
The milk mixture has the following positive factors:
- restores lactation;
- enhances the immunity of women and babies;
- restores strength in the postpartum period;
- improves the composition of breast milk;
- has a natural composition;
- prevents milk burnout and increases its volume.
It should be borne in mind that in the complete absence of breast milk, the use of a drink will be ineffective.
Release form and composition
Release form – dry powder, which contains:
- lactogenic herbs that increase milk production: nettle, fennel, anise, caraway seeds;
- vitamins A, E, K, group B and minerals P, Zn, Fe, Ca;
- whey protein, which contributes to the digestibility of the product;
- polyunsaturated acids Omega-3 and Omega-6.
In one portion of the drink (200 ml), prepared from the dry mixture, contains:
- proteins – 9.1 g;
- fats – 6.29 g;
- carbohydrates – 20.8 g;
- fiber – 0.78 g.
Calorie content is only 174 kcal / 200 ml, so a young mother should not worry that she will gain weight.
Contraindications and side effects
Despite many positive factors, Lactamil has some contraindications for use:
- hypolactasia – lactose intolerance;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the mixture, since the composition contains components that can cause an allergic reaction.
If the baby has a rash after feeding, you should immediately stop using the milk mixture and consult a pediatrician.
Doctors believe that there is no direct connection from the use of Lactamil, but such a reaction is possible with intolerance to the individual components of the mixture.
There is no information about an overdose, however, a woman should carefully observe the proportions and regimen. Otherwise, it may cause allergies in the form of a rash, itching.
Sometimes after taking the mixture, the volume of milk does not increase. To solve the problem, you should consult a doctor, since lactation is disturbed for various reasons. Doctors will conduct an examination, identify the cause of the violation in the body and, if necessary, conduct treatment.
Before use, the milk mixture must be properly prepared:
- Dilute 40 g of dry powder in 170 ml of warm water.
- Dissolve to a homogeneous state, so that the mass is without lumps.
- Drink take 1-2 p. / Day, depending on the individual characteristics of the body.
- It is allowed to store the prepared liquid in the refrigerator for no more than a day. However, doctors recommend preparing it immediately before use.
An opened bag with the milk mixture can be stored without loss of quality in a dry, dark place for no more than three weeks.
Despite the fact that Lactamil has a natural composition, it is necessary to consult a doctor before use. Perhaps the pediatrician will advise another mixture with the appropriate composition.
A large selection of products for nursing mothers is presented on the market today:
- Femilak is a Russian-made product, it is based on cow’s milk, enriched with vitamins and minerals, diluted with warm water;
- MD mil Mama – a milk drink of the French manufacturer, it fully provides the body of the mother and baby with nutrients;
- Celia Mama is a French-made blend enriched with vitamins, minerals, probiotics, and prebiotics.