Unfortunately, it is men who can long endure unpleasant or pain of any localization. They make the painkillers and not in a hurry to go to the doctor, believing that their condition does not require medical attention.
Pain associated with pathological processes in the kidneys can have a different intensity (from discomfort to unbearable pain syndrome), localized on one or both sides, to radiate to other anatomical region, etc.
Regardless of how and why kidneys hurt from men, he needs the assistance of a doctor of the corresponding profile (urologist, internist, or nephrologist) who will undertake the necessary examination and prescribe appropriate treatment.
The main causes of pain in the kidneys in men
The reason for the appearance of pain in the kidneys men can be associated with the following pathological processes:
- the inflammatory process in the pyelocaliceal system of one or both kidneys (acute pyelonephritis or exacerbation of chronic);
- inflammatory process, which affects the glomerular apparatus of the kidneys (different morphological and clinical variants of glomerulonephritis);
- urolithiasis (presence of one or more stones in the cups or pelvis, and promoting them via the urinary tract with the development of an attack of renal colic);
- multiple cysts of the kidneys (on the background of polycystic disease, having a congenital origin) or single cysts of large size;
- blockage of the lumen of a blood vessel by a clot (thrombus, atherosclerotic plaque or embolus), resulting in disturbed nutrition of the body;
- nephroptosis (one or double-sided ptosis of the kidneys in different degree, sometimes a complete shift them into the lumen of the pelvis);
- the tumor or cancer processes in the tissues of the kidney (benign or malignant origin);
- traumatic damage to the structure of the organ (capsule rupture, the separation of the “spider” legs, the crushing of the kidneys, etc.);
- tuberculous lesions (actively multiplying Mycobacterium tuberculosis).
The most common cause of kidney pain in men is associated with ICD
There are situations where unpleasant sensations in the projection of the kidneys are connected with physiological causes which do not require emergency medical intervention, because the patient’s condition improved after a certain period of time.
The kidneys may be hurt in the background of vigorous exercise or other physical exertion, when the organism of the man is under pressure, and glomerular apparatus of the kidneys can not cope with the volume of blood that passes through it.
The pain can appear on the background of excessive fluid intake for a short period of time, when there is water “overload” of the body, resulting in many times increase the processes of renal filtration.
Factors contributing to the emergence of pain syndrome
Among the causes that can provoke the appearance of pain in the kidneys in males are the following:
- Infectious body processes of any localization, of which there is a release of pathogens into the blood stream and carry them into the tissues of the kidney (e.g., chronic tonsillitis, or pharyngitis).
- The inflammatory process in the prostate tissues, resulting in a narrowing of the urethra, and there is a constant stagnation of urine in the Cup-pelvis-plating apparatus (this facilitates the introduction of infectious agents).
- The reduced immune status of the patient (previous courses of radiation therapy, treatment with hormones or cytostatics, HIV infection, etc.).
- The presence of such comorbidities as hypertension or diabetes. On the background of irreversible changes in the vessels and the structure of the body, it is a gradual shrinkage.
- Poor nutrition, inadequate dietary intake of vitamins and nutrients necessary for proper functioning of the whole organism.
- Insufficient fluid intake throughout the day, especially if you are experiencing excessive sweating or severe daily physical activity.
- Difficult working conditions, work in the hot shop, prolonged stay under the open sun, etc.
- The presence of congenital or acquired anatomical defects at different stages of the urinary tract (for example, narrowing of the urethra or tortuosity).
General hypothermia stay in the cold water or in the draft, often preceded by kidney pain
The characteristics of the “kidney” pain syndrome depending on the underlying disease
Depending on the pathological process, which affects the structure of one or both kidneys, pain have certain differences that play a role for the primary diagnosis. For acute or exacerbation of chronic pyelonephritis characterized by one or bilateral dull, or nouse-throbbing pain in the projection of the affected kidney.
The pain intensified gradually, reaching its maximum at the peak of the inflammatory changes in the body. When effleurage in the area of the patient’s kidneys, pain syndrome significantly increases (a sign of a beating is considered to be positive or strongly positive).
For nephroptosis (prolapse of one or both kidneys, and their exit from the anatomical bed) is characterized by aching or nagging pain caused and aggravated by long-term presence of a man in an upright position. Over time the discomfort only intensified, due to the even greater omission of the authority.
Urolithiasis manifested at the time of moving the stone down the urinary tract, or the displacement of the calculus from its original bed. Patients complain of pain of varying intensity which occur on the background of damage to the ureters, bladder or urethra.
As a rule, the pain is so strong that it forces the patient to rush to the bed to find the most comfortable posture, it is possible that the episode of extreme nausea and vomiting.
The tumor or oncological processes for a long time occur completely asymptomatic. Pain syndrome appears gradually, because of an increasing pathological focus. Initially, patients complain of periodic low-intensity and discomfort, which will eventually become permanent and painful nature.
Nephroptosis is accompanied by a nagging pain
Other symptoms that need to pay attention
As a rule, if men suffer from kidneys, there are other pathological signs, which require special attention.
- the increase in body temperature, and the appearance of other symptoms of intoxication (severe lethargy and apathy, weakness, decreased disability, decreased appetite, loss of sleep, etc.);
- the weight loss, severe sweating at night or with minimal physical activity, loss of “vital” forces, etc.;
- violation of the process of emptying the bladder (urination, there is pain, discomfort, itching, burning and other unpleasant sensations);
- lumbar region on the side of the affected kidney may pripuhnut and blush, and try to palpate only increases the pain, the radiating pain in the groin, lower abdomen or thighs;
- reduced urine output throughout the day, despite a sufficient volume of fluid;
- you may experience facial swelling, especially in the morning (immediately after awakening);
- sudden increased blood pressure in previously healthy men (no hypertension history).
Kidney cancer in men occurs about two times more often than females
The distinctive features of pain in the kidney pain syndrome associated with lesions of the spine
Before you start treatment, you need to find out why there was discomfort in the lumbar region, because they can be associated with lesions of the structures of the musculoskeletal system.
In degenerative diseases in the spine experience the following symptoms:
- the emergence of pain syndrome due to physical exertion, sudden twists of the torso and tilting;
- the pain tends to irradiation in other anatomical areas that correspond to the zones of innervation of the pinched nerve root;
- patient has different kinds of sensitive disorders (feeling of pins and “pins and needles”, loss of sensitivity on different surfaces of the lower extremities, etc.);
- lesson the most convenient and physiological posture helps to reduce pain;
- men are no all signs of a syndrome of intoxication, his General health does not suffer;
- analgesics reduces or completely relieves pain, increases range of motion in the spinal column.
Pain in the lower back, associated with degenerative changes of the spine and its discs is often considered as a pathology of renal origin
What to do when the pain in the kidneys in men?
Each patient requires careful diagnosis, using laboratory and instrumental methods of research.
It includes the following procedures:
- clinical examination of blood and urine (estimated severity of the inflammatory reaction, etc.);
- biochemical analysis of blood (determine the level of creatinine, urea, fibrinogen, total protein and its fractions and other indicators);
- urine analysis according to Nechyporenko and trial of General (according to indications);
- sowing of urine on a nutrient medium and determining the antibiotic sensitivity of the infectious agent;
- x-ray examination (survey and excretory urography);
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and urinary tract;
- CT and MRI of the urinary organs (have the highest information content and reliability).
In order to completely eliminate pain in the kidneys in men, it is necessary to establish the basic cause of this condition, that is, the treatment of any disease should be etiological and not symptomatic.
Treatment selection and patient management is directly affected with the disease that caused the onset of pain, often patients require hospitalization and surgical intervention.
It is not necessary to self-medicate by resorting to the advice of friends or using information from unverified sources, as well as to take large doses of painkillers, which at the time docked in pain. This can not only aggravate the General condition, but also cause a number of serious complications.