The kidneys of a person every second passed blood through your filter, thus cleaning it from unnecessary substances, which are formed as a result of life. Urine is the end product of metabolic processes, that along with it are derived toxic compounds and waste products.
Discomfort in the kidneys are not always associated with inflammatory processes occurring in them. Often, the cause of kidney pain is much more serious that requires immediate medical intervention.
When sore kidneys, breaks down the process of filtration of blood plasma, which leads to inadequate purification. Toxins and harmful substances from the blood spread throughout the body, reaching different organs and structures of the human body.
Pain in the kidneys can occur for a number of pathological or physiological reasons, in any case, the process rarely goes unnoticed, especially if there is a simultaneous failure of both organs.
Below will discuss the main diseases, which are accompanied by unpleasant or painful sensations in the kidneys and other symptoms that accompany different pathological condition.
The main causes of pain in the kidneys
To understand why there was pain in the kidneys, you need to find out what all pathological processes can occur.
The kidney has a complex structure, and therefore the range of possible pathological processes in it is quite wide
Among the major diseases is to provide:
- inflammation of the glomerular apparatus of kidneys (different morphological variants of acute and chronic glomerulonephritis);
- the inflammatory process in the pyelocaliceal system of the kidneys (acute or chronic pyelonephritis);
- urolithiasis (movement of ureteral stones down the urinary tract, which provokes an attack of renal colic);
- cystic kidney disease (replacement of normal structures of the body multiple cysts);
- nephroptosis (prolapse of one or both kidneys below their anatomical bed);
- obstruction of the renal blood vessel, atherosclerotic plaque, thrombus or embolus;
- acute or chronic renal failure as a result of the dramatic violations of all of the kidneys;
- cancer processes in the tissues of the kidney (malignant or benign origin), and other tumors;
- trauma to the kidney, the rupture of its capsule, etc.
Not always discomfort in the kidneys are associated with pathological processes in them.
Sometimes they may hurt for the following reasons:
- a large amount of fluid over a short period of time when glomerular apparatus can not cope with the water load (for example, if a person ate too much watermelon);
- excessive exercise and hard sports, when all the organs begin to work in enhanced mode (through the kidneys ‘pumped’ many times more blood, which speeds up the filtering process);
- women in pregnancy are often pain in the projection of the kidneys that is associated with the intensive growth of the uterus and compression of its surrounding organs (there is a risk of development of gestational pyelonephritis).
Daily consumption of sufficient water is the key to health and proper functioning of the entire body, however, large water loads affect the kidneys
Kidney disease and the symptoms that accompany them
When sore kidneys, as a rule, the patient observed, and other pathologic features characteristic of a specific disease (what will be discussed below).
The disease has an autoimmune nature of its origin, when its own antibodies begin to “attack” of the kidney tissue, resulting in the deposited glomerular immune complexes.
For glomerulonephritis is characterized by the following symptoms:
- pain in the lumbar region on the side of the affected kidney (most often a two-way process), they are aching or pulling in nature;
- quickens the process of urination;
- edema on the face, which have the highest intensity in the morning;
- gradually, the accumulation of fluid occurs in the body cavities (pleura, pericardium, abdomen, etc.);
- rise blood pressure numbers.
Scheme of development of glomerulonephritis
The disease is the inflammatory process caused by infectious agents of different origin (primarily bacteria).
Pyelonephritis is observed following clinical picture:
- pain in the lumbar region gradually increases (this is due to the increase of swelling of tissues), the patient concerned about pulling or aching sensation on the affected side;
- the body temperature rises, which is accompanied by all the manifestations of intoxication (apathy, weakness, etc.);
- frequent urination, often emptying of the bladder is accompanied by pain;
- urine that is cloudy color, there are visible flakes, pus or traces of blood.
The disease occurs on the background of metabolic disorders, resulting in abnormal formation of stones.
For a long period of time, the disease does not manifest itself and the patient is unaware of what failures happen in his body, until, until the attack of renal colic, which is characterized by the following symptoms:
- pain, as a rule, is unbearable and painful nature, he deprives the health and causes the patient to moan from the pain;
- urination becomes frequent and painful, while the urine secreted is red or contains blood clots;
- at the peak of the pain syndrome causes nausea and vomiting, not bringing relief.
Different metabolic disorders lead to the formation of stones corresponding origin
The omission of the kidneys one or both sides is due to the weakening of the ligamentous apparatus, the locking organ in its anatomical bed. The kidney gradually descends, until its release in the pelvic cavity.
The disease is characterized by the following symptoms:
- periodic aching pain in the lumbar region, which occur during exercise, and a long stay in an upright position;
- with the progression of the pathological process syndrome pain becomes constant, there is pain in the perineum, rectum, etc.;
- reduced ability to work, worsening sleep and appetite;
- often patients hospitalitynet with large torsion of the renal vessels, which threatens to necrosis of the kidney;
- with the protracted process, maybe a sharp lowering of the kidneys, and its palpation through the abdominal wall.
Gradually down, the kidney moves behind the vessels and nerve trunks, which causes constant pain
Unfortunately, cancer processes is not always diagnosed on time, as the degeneration of the tissues of the kidneys for a long time remained completely asymptomatic.
To suspect or inquire about the presence of a tumorous lesion is malignant or benign origin is possible in the following nonspecific symptoms:
- any unexplained loss of body weight of the patient, loss of appetite, night sweats, constant fatigue, etc.;
- deterioration of General health, which tends to progression;
- pain in the projection of the kidneys on the one hand, which become permanent;
- violation of urination (e.g., discomfort when going to the toilet, which can develop into pronounced dysuric disorders).
Differential diagnosis of
Before you start appropriate treatment, it is necessary to understand that it hurt the kidneys and not other organs of the human body (how to do this, we will discuss below). A number of diseases have similar clinical manifestations, but there are signs that allow a doctor at the stage of primary diagnosis to the correct diagnosis.
It is important to distinguish the symptoms of pain in the kidneys from complaints with the defeat of locomotorium. Because often patients come to the appointment with the specialist, convinced that bother them it diseases of the urinary system, but actually the reason lies in the defeat of the spine.
Consider the distinctive signs of osteoarthritis or other destructive diseases of the spine:
- the emergence of lower back pain, usually associated with physical activity or other type of load (e.g., sharp bends, twists to the side, etc.);
- pain often have a “Central” character, i.e., are localized in the midline of the spine, there is a radiating discomfort above or below the main pain points (this is due to innervation of the pinched nerve root);
- attempt to bend over or perform other active and passive movement only intensifies the pain, syndromw the back, while the occupation of a convenient posture, on the contrary, helps to reduce the unpleasant symptoms;
- disturbed sensitivity in the extremities, caused by a pinched nerve fibers and the deterioration of the conductivity according to him (and may appear the feeling of “crawling”, crawling, etc.);
- relaxing massages and the use of analgesic ointments prevent or reduce discomfort and increase motion in the spine;
- when all the above signs, the patient has no violations of urination and symptoms of intoxication, the body temperature remains normal, and overall health.
Often carried out a differential diagnosis between an attack of renal colic and acute appendicitis.
For inflammation in the appendicular bone is characterized by the following symptoms:
- the disease begins acutely, as the attack of renal colic, however, the situation of patients with appendicitis calm as engage in a particular (forced) posture in bed reduces the intensity of pain syndrome;
- on palpation determined the most pain in the lower abdomen on the right side (iliac region), there are protective symptoms (Shchetkina-Blumberg and others);
- the patient no disorders of urination (compared to the pain syndrome may be an increased urgency, however, they are absolutely painless);
- there is a high temperature and pronounced symptoms of intoxication (lethargy, weakness etc.);
- a sign of a beating in the projection of kidneys negative.
Palpation is always defined paravertebral (okoloplodna) the point of greatest pain, feel the muscle tension in this area
Algorithm for the diagnosis and treatment of kidney disease
Signs of a diseased kidney can be determine at the stage of primary diagnosis, but this should only be done by a specialist (therapist, urologist, or nephrologist).
On examination, the patient need to conduct a thorough palpation of the abdomen and pelvis. Marked tenderness in the lower abdomen on the affected side. If the patient has acute muscle tension anterior abdominal wall, it may indicate the attack of renal colic.
A positive symptom of a beating on lumbar region on the affected side.
To determine that the patient is sick it is the kidneys, it is necessary to conduct a number of laboratory and instrumental studies:
- General analysis of blood and urine;
- urine analysis according to Nechyporenko;
- trial of General (according to indications);
- a urine culture on nutrient media;
- review the organs of the urinary system and excretory urography;
- Ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder;
- CT and MRI of the organs of the urinary tract.
Only the results obtained the study can be set at a correct diagnosis, so do not delay your visit to a specialist
Therapy of patients requires an individual approach in each case. It depends on the underlying disease and severity of the pathological process.
Learn more about what you need to do when sore kidneys, as well as methods of treatment of major diseases, can be read in this article.
If you first appeared unpleasant sensations in the kidneys, you need to seek help from a doctor, even if the General condition remains satisfactory. You should not engage in self-diagnosis and provide treatment that is not coordinated with a specialist. Because it can cause complications and worsen the prognosis of the disease.