Phosphate kidney stones, along with oxalate and urate, are formed when kidney stones and are particularly dangerous for human health, as very quickly, within a few weeks, increase in volume and transformed into a huge coral growths. The growth of these formations is accompanied by pyelonephritis.
Currently, kidney stone disease – a very common phenomenon that occurs almost every second person and is characterized by pathological formation of kidney stones and sand. The cause of this disease is a pathological metabolic disorders and acid-base balance. The photo shows how to look phosphate stones.
The essence of pathology
Phosphate rock, which comprises calcium salt of phosphoric acid, therefore, in contrast to other calculi, easily diagnosed during x-rays. In appearance, these stones quite smooth, with no sharp edges, making them invisible to the body’s education and growth, not to the calling characteristic symptoms.
The formation of whitish-grey colour during their growth and development can reach quite large sizes and become a major cause of surgical intervention aimed at the removal of a kidney.
Very often the reason of formation of such stones become infectious diseases of the urinary system and intestines, associated with the basic disregard for the rules of personal hygiene. Phosphates are formed in the alkaline medium of the natural secretions of the human body: urine and are easily soluble. Therefore, considering the peculiarity of the formation of this type of stones, it is possible to apply timely treatment by changing the acidity of urine of a patient with a special diet or drug therapy without the need for surgery.
Since diseases of the genitourinary system result in pathological disturbances in the organs and cause the formation of various kinds of stones and sand in the kidneys causes the formation of one or another depends on many factors. Such pathology, as changes in the composition of urine, leads to the development of urate, if the ph is less than 0.5, the oxalate formed in a neutral environment. Phosphates are formed at rather high ph-level over 0.7.
Doctors have identified 3 main reasons for the formation of phosphates in the kidneys:
- Alkaline reaction of urine. Define the response indicator test strips, which are dipped in urine for an hour before eating in the morning and evening during the week. These studies show the exact ph level in the urine and predict the possible formation of stones.
- Concomitant urinary tract infection is caused by pathogens, waste products which lead to alkalinisation of the urine.
- The phosphaturia. Due to the high content of alkali in the urine formed phosphates fast enough kristallizuetsya a result there are stones. To change the alkaline level of the urine is influenced by dietary factors and pathology of the parathyroid glands, changes the balance of calcium and phosphorus in the body.
Also the formation of phosphates is facilitated by factors such as:
- Some diseases affecting the rate of formation of urine and increases the concentration of salts and calcium in its composition: hyperparathyroidism or multiple myeloma, pathology, causing the metabolic disturbance in the body – diabetes.
- The abuse of food, increases the content of calcium in the urine – strong coffee, tea, chocolate and cocoa, and foods with reduced content of vitamins A, E and D.
- Sedentary lifestyle affecting the natural process of the kidneys, violating the outflow of fluid.
Symptoms and diagnosis of phosphates
Any special symptoms of the education, growth and development of phosphate stones and sand in kidneys of patients usually not observed. Thanks to its smooth structure renal phosphate for a very long time does not manifest itself nor the bloody fragments in urine, no pain.
Only the presence of concomitant urogenital diseases such as pyelonephritis, can cause symptoms, indicating the presence of formed phosphate:
- Coral crystallized phosphate rocks. Phosphates are large enough to cause unceasing aching pain in the lower back.
- Phosphate stones can cause an attack of renal colic, which is characterized by sudden, acute and spreading over the area of the pelvis and abdomen, passing on the genitals with pain.
- Increased the size of the phosphate sometimes gives rise to a sharp increase in body temperature and impaired urination – itching and burning in the urinary tract and frequent, sometimes a false urge to urinate.
- Phosphate stones can sometimes come out naturally with the urine, without causing severe pain and the appearance of blood, as they have fairly smooth texture, not irritating the mucous membranes.
To suspect the presence of phosphates only on the basis of the assumptions and the patient’s doctor will be able. For accurate diagnosis requires a full and detailed laboratory and instrumental examination, which is to examine a urine test, ultrasound, tomography and radiography of the kidneys. After confirming that the kidney is formed by phosphates, inspection and diagnosing the root causes of their occurrence.
Treatment of phosphate kidney stones
Treatment of the phosphate stones in the kidneys must appoint a physician is a nephrologist or urologist. In diagnostic studies involving specialists in ultrasound and x-ray diagnostics. After the diagnosis and detection of phosphates in the kidneys and causes of their appearance, the doctors, based on research, and choose the most appropriate individual method of treatment. Therapy of such entities may be conservative or surgical method.
In the first case, therapy is aimed at relieving inflammation in the kidneys, eliminate spasm, the destruction and reduction of the size of the phosphates and supports natural excretion from the body.
Such methods of treatment include:
- Physical exercise and improvement of motor activity: running, Hiking, long walks in the fresh air.
- Mandatory diet. The rejection of foods that contain calcium: dairy products, meats, pickles and spicy food, spices, pulses, herbs, chocolate, cocoa and alcohol. Under the ban are eggs, mushrooms, fruits and vegetables, increasing the level of content of alkali in the urine. Along with a diet is appointed plentiful drink: mineral water.
- Are medication therapy with antispasmodics and diuretics. Water activity helps the natural release of small stones from the body.
In the fight against this disease will help and folk ways. Decoctions of the fees of various plants, brewed, infused for half an hour, strain and drink in 10-20 minutes after the third meal.
The most effective are the herbal infusions. Kidney herbal No. 1, which is composed of grass gryzhnika, juniper berries, bearberry, and the root of the madder dye. This collection brewed, infused for 15 minutes, filter and take 3 tablespoons a few times a day for half an hour before each meal. Herbal No. 2 are from the dry root of Wheatgrass and madder dye, flax seeds and sage leaves in equal proportions. This infusion is used in the form of heat with honey, approximately Cup, too, before eating.
Video about treatment of phosphate kidney stones:
Classic surgery is used when conservative method have not yielded the expected results, or when the phosphates are rather large. Surgery based on the removal of stones and sand from the kidneys and is not limited to the operation.
In parallel, the method of lithotripsy – crushing of stones with ultrasound. Even with the use of surgical intervention the patient is still assigned diet, as well as maintaining the proper level of acidity of urine is due to juices of vegetables and fruits.
Prevention of formation of phosphates
Even the most careful treatment and the surgical intervention will not bring the expected positive results, if you do not follow preventive measures that include regular visits to a urologist and passing tests on urine and blood. Constantly observe the water balance of the body is to drink up to 2 liters of water per day.
Normalization of body weight and optimal physical activity will help to avoid pathologies of the genitourinary system and stop the formation and development of phosphate stones in the kidneys.
Should be timely to identify and treat inflammatory and infectious processes of the urinary system, preferably not traditional methods, and under the supervision of a physician, using drug therapy – antibiotics. The main prevention is aimed at diet – eating meat and fish foods with high fat content, sour berries and fruits. This approach will help to reduce the alkali content in the formed urine and prevents the formation of phosphates.