Children’s pyelonephritis occurs more often. The reason for this is not always the fact that the disease is spreading, and the fact that modern medical equipment allows to diagnose more accurate and complex forms of disease. Before often even experienced professionals could take this renal pathology behind ordinary inflammation of the excretory system or to confuse it with diseases such as urethritis and cystitis. But now the situation has changed for the better.
Now, doctors distinguish not just pyelonephritis in children, but divide it into subspecies, allowing you to assign the most appropriate course of treatment. But to understand what form of disease develops, you need to know about what are the symptoms of pyelonephritis in children.
However, sometimes it is not enough to be knowledgeable about all the manifestations of the disease. A lot depends on the child, particularly if he is already in a conscious age. The fact that he could not understand what was happening to him, or to keep silent about any problems. Therefore, every parent should be able to approach your child and clearly explain that it is periodically necessary to undergo a hospital examination.
Common symptoms of pyelonephritis in children
The main picture which can be observed by parents, is gradual but clearly visible deterioration of the General condition of the child. The fact that their immune system is still not quite fully grown, and any infection easily impress young body. The same thing happens with the spread of the inflammatory process in the kidneys of the child: the bacteria find a favorable environment for reproduction and without problems develops in the organs of the urinary system.
What happens with a child:
- The sudden increase in temperature. The child complains that he is cold and he can’t warm. While he has no cold and no sign of her.
- Nausea. It affects the appetite, which leads to refusal of food in General. The point is that the digestive system is directly linked to kidney condition, hence, there are unpleasant retching.
- Nagging pain in the lower back. Children mostly have an active lifestyle, so it is easy to overlook the fact that the child became calmer, but not in terms of growing up, namely because of the aching condition of the affected organ.
- Swelling. Rare for a child, but still a sure sign. Since one of the functions of the kidneys is to regulate sodium and water balance in the body, any deviation immediately makes itself felt.
- Constant fatigue. Despite the lack of hard lessons, the child suddenly begins to feel bad, often tired. It can be seen in his sleepiness and unwillingness to do anything.
Upon detection of a pulling pain in the lumbar region are recommended to immediately consult a doctor
These symptoms of pyelonephritis in children significantly affect their overall emotional state. It should be noted that here we are talking mainly about children who are in the age of reason. Sometimes they are difficult to persuade to go for tests, but in the presence of such symptoms in any case should not delay this.
Important! If you notice that your child’s behavior are observed specific changes, feel free to contact the nephrologist, who will be able to confirm or refute doubts about the existence of certain problems. The main thing – to prevent illness in the early, early stages.
Signs of a pyelonephritis in infants
For children under one year is closely monitored both on the part of doctors and parents. A small miracle, as never before, needs protection, which can ensure that only the closest people. His body is still in its infancy, so every process and any monitoring is controlled and regulated by experienced professionals.
For young children any deviation can cause a lot of discomfort, resulting in constant crying and bad health of the baby
Does not exclude the possibility of congenital pyelonephritis, as the hereditary factor plays a significant role. Even before the birth, the mother should ensure that her own body was healthy and strong. But still it often happens that from the first months of life the baby is detected renal inflammation.
It manifests itself in the following way:
- State of chills. The child shows no signs of a cold, no runny nose and cough, but he has a terrible fever. Even if it’s temporary, immediately call an ambulance, because it is difficult to determine the body’s response to such serious shocks.
- The painful process of urination. Since a newborn is not able to report their illnesses directly, it with every emptying of the bladder whimpers or groans because mucosa pain. Discomfort in the lower abdomen may occur more often than only during urination.
- Unstable urination. A toddler can be emptied either too often or, on the contrary, very rare. Both extremes occur with normal fluid intake. This interferes with the normal functioning of the child: sleep becomes restless and discomfort in the urinary organs becomes more tangible.
- The wrong chair. It is thinning, the baby begins to rapidly lose mass. It must be very disturb the parents, especially along with this there are problems with the digestive system, resulting frequent regurgitation, and sometimes vomiting.
- The color of urine. Generally, the baby the color of urine may change depending on what he ate before that. Many vegetables and fruits is able to paint the rendered liquid, but in the other case the change in shade indicates possible abnormalities. Especially if there is a darkening of the urine. Also in the urine may be blood cells,that does not mean anything good. In this situation, you need a diagnosis, which is at least in the blood and urine.
- The smell of urine. In the usual situation it does not cause a repulsive effect. But inflammatory processes in the kidney cause an unpleasant, pungent, rejects a smell that can not be overlooked.
Such manifestations can meet and have older children, however, most clearly expressed they have babies. Pyelonephritis is such a disorder which affects not simply the urinary organs and the entire organism of the child. He undermines his immune system, so the disease is truly debilitating and difficult process.
Every child is suffering primarily from weak immune system
If it was a symptom of pyelonephritis in children in General, it is necessary to consider more specific forms of the disease, to be able to understand what you are dealing with acute pyelonephritis or chronic.
Signs of acute pyelonephritis in a child
The fact that often the disease can worsen, along with other diseases of urinary system. The same cystitis causes a number of unpleasant consequences for the child.
The kidneys of the child – bodies that carry more load and have a significant impact on the condition of the body
The acute form of pyelonephritis includes mostly unexpected changes in the microflora of the body, which is immediately evident from the outside:
- A sharp increase in temperature. With the mind just arises out of nowhere. In older children can be accompanied and even high blood pressure. So it is important to keep in mind that they also need to monitor, because of kidney stones have an identifiable effect on blood pressure.
- Change the color of the skin. The child suddenly becomes pale, the skin loses its healthy appearance. Generally expressed symptoms of intoxication: fatigue and drowsiness, a feeling of nausea and constant dizziness.
- Pain in the lower back or stomach after exposure. A kidney disease start with the fact that man is continuously finding out in the cold. Here a similar situation. Have pulling pain and a very unpleasant character. Activity is necessary to nullify, because even the slightest movement can respond to the terrible feelings.
- Swelling of the face and other body parts. For violation of water-salt balance of the body, which respond to the kidneys, on the baby’s skin will be swollen, which may be accompanied by bruising under the eyes, have mouth and lips.
- Dehydration. Based on the previous paragraph, the situation is compounded by the fact that there is a depletion, which manifests itself again in the skin: it becomes unpleasantly dry, and the newborn still flabby.
These signs are accompanied by acute form of pyelonephritis. It’s very hard to move the young body, so in this case, the child is often shown at rest, which is achieved in the regime of the hospital and complete control of doctors over the course of the disease.
Symptoms of chronic form of the disease
Chronic pyelonephritis occurs most frequently in congenital abnormalities of the structure of the kidneys. To avoid it is almost impossible, and the treatment process may be prolonged for a lifetime, if not in time to try to eradicate the disease. But the main problem is not even that, but the fact that this form of the disease has mild symptoms unlike acute type.
The disease usually manifests itself only in a change in urinating. The portions are large and bulky, and impulses, in turn, increase. There is virtually no pain and intoxication. But most often manifested irritability and fatigue that affect efficiency (it is characteristic for older children). Also there sweating that brings special discomfort to the child.
After finding all the above symptoms it is impossible to remain indifferent towards the health of your child. You should immediately consult a doctor, to give all possible indications that a specialist could understand the overall picture of the condition of the body.