In the modern world people often use the services of doctors because of pain in his back. Often the professionals in contact with osteochondrosis (degenerative disorders in articular cartilage), protrusion and in special situations with herniated discs.
Unfortunately, many patients seek treatment only when pain turned into severe pain.
A circular disc protrusion is a common. With her face about 85% of cases of disc protrusion. Primarily frequent location of the disease – in the Department of the waist, lumbar disc L4-L5, L5-S1. At least this disease can easily be localized in a part of the neck or chest.
A circular disc protrusion, what is this
The circular protrusion of the disk is the same bulging circular shape of the intervertebral disc in pathological conditions peripheral nervous system divisions the spinal Department, which can easily lead to pinched nerve roots, formation of diseases in neurology. The dimensions of this bulging of about 3-12 mm, with the difference between bulging in different parts of the disk is not more than 1 millimeter.
The circular protrusion of intervertebral disc is formed by chronic, and if not to start treatment, it can lead to disability. Professionals quite often confronted with the disease and the experience of doctors can come to the conclusion that the treatment of this disease must be systemic and comprehensive.
Important! Must be treated promptly as the disease continuously worsens the condition of the patient, and can also lead to disability.
The types of disease and stages of development
Despite the fact that the circular protrusion of disks equally oriented in different directions in certain situations because of anger some portion of the annulus, they can preferably bulging towards the spinal cord or the spine.
Thus, it is possible to allocate following types of protrusions:
- Uniform where there is a reduction of the gap between the vertebrae and the disc appears as a flattened. Disc protrusion L5-S1 are characterized by small size and a long time you can not even notice the symptoms.
- Foraminal circular. Along with an annular bulging of the disc, there is a tendency to ascend the side of the spine spinal cord. Very often protrude from the right or left side. Many patients with this disease early stages podmetaetsya expressed pain.
- The rear circular protrusion – bulging, characterized by a circular shape and in harmony with the main protrusion to the side of the spinal cord canal. This is mostly an insecure variation of this pathology, since such an occurrence and its development can easily be a cause of compression of the spinal canal or nerve roots.
Most of the circular protrusion of the discs found in the lumbar region, because this particular section of the spine influenced by physical stress or vibration. Even lifting of heavy loads or the fall of man, the spine might be the root cause of the disease in this part of the spinal Department.
Stage of development:
- The first stage in the fibrous ring there is a crack appear after a transformation of the structure of the intervertebral disc. The patient may feel severe pain within the illness.
- The second stage is characterized by a slight bulging of the disk (about 2-3 mm). The pain is within the curvature of the bone and cartilage that becomes irreversi character.
- Third – bulging vertebra expands what can be the cause of rupture of the fibrous ring and, subsequently, the hernia is formed, which is accompanied by painful sensations and numbness of the limbs.
In that case, if the specialist put such a diagnosis as a circular protrusion of intervertebral disks, in almost all cases, this disease can be cured without an operation, more precisely, ways of therapy.
Causes of circular protrusion of spinal discs
In fact, the reason of this disease quite a lot, but the most common described below:
- injury to the spinal unit;
- the disorder of metabolic processes in the human body;
- incorrect posture;
- not well developed muscular frame spine Department;
- excess stress on the body, in which the load is uneven distributed on the spine;
- prolonged illness of the spinal Department, such as osteochondrosis and scoliosis;
- diseases of internal organs, besides age convert;
- an improper diet.
In the conditions of the above reasons:
- between the vertebrae decreases the gap;
- pressure is exerted on the wheels;
- appears shift the disks to the side.
Then all these changes will cause the formation of circular protrusion of intervertebral disc, and subsequently hernia.
It is important to know! To protect yourself from heavy outcome, be sure to consult a specialist even with a slight pain and the occurrence of numbness of the hands or feet.
Symptoms and diagnosis
The main method of diagnosis is the MRI. Using magnetic resonance therapy can be detected even protrusion of small size (up to 1 mm).
Symptoms of the disease usually depends on what level of the spine formed a circular protrusion of the intervertebral disc. In the cervical region, even a small conversion (1-3 mm) are the root cause of pain in the neck, irradiiruet on the upper limb or the head.
In that case, if the disease was localized in the thoracic spine, in most cases it doesn’t Express itself quite a long period of time. Only the development of the disease with increasing vbuhanie can cause excessive back pain.
Most often circular protrusion of the intervertebral discs located in the Department of the waist. This is due to extreme load on the vertebral-motor segment of this part. The most common location of disc protrusion L4-l5, L5-S1.
Manifested symptoms occur when the bulging size of 4-6 millimeters. In such a situation may manifest pain in your back, legs, numbness of the feet and lower leg, the conversion of muscle tone the feet.
In other parts of the Department of lumbar L1-L2, L3-L4 circular disk protrusion can meet much less frequently. They expressed abundant pain at the level of the lumbar spine. In this disorder susceptibility occur on the front and inner thighs or buttocks.
It represents the following events:
- receiving a variety of medications;
- the use of physiotherapy;
- acupuncture introduction acupuncture points of medicinal substances;
- the use of complex therapeutic and preventive effects on the human body;
- physical exercise for therapeutic purposes;
- prevention of violations in the field of neurology.
For example, in the treatment part of the neck, massage, and chiropractic influence of the prescribed part, and the hard evidence, and with protrusion of discs in the lumbar Department themselves productive are physical therapy and physical therapy.
In addition to the main treatment, experts advise to take measures to elimination of the disease. As a rule, it is recommended to be wary of strenuous exercise, lifting heavy load, vibrations.
Surgical intervention may be indicated only if the disease causes compression of the spinal structures. In this case, using minimally invasive surgery techniques, which, in turn, to a minimum damage to the surrounding tissue and are performed on an outpatient basis.
In addition, doctors may prescribe the patient:
- Diuretic medicines, they assist in removal of edema.
- Muscle relaxants to calm the muscles and reduce nerve conduction.
- Corticosteroids, for treatment of compartment syndrome.
5 thoughts on “A circular disc protrusion”
I was just seeking this information for some time. After six hours of continuous Googleing, finally I got it in your website. I wonder what is the lack of Google strategy that don’t rank this kind of informative sites in top of the list. Generally the top web sites are full of garbage.
It抯 really a nice and helpful piece of info. I抦 glad that you shared this helpful information with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.
Yet another thing I would like to state is that in lieu of trying to accommodate all your online degree programs on days that you end work (since the majority of people are fatigued when they return), try to find most of your instructional classes on the week-ends and only one or two courses in weekdays, even if it means taking some time away from your weekend. This is fantastic because on the weekends, you will be extra rested and also concentrated for school work. Thanks a lot for the different recommendations I have realized from your website.
I have noticed that in old digital cameras, specialized devices help to aim automatically. Those kind of sensors connected with some surveillance cameras change in contrast, while others employ a beam involving infra-red (IR) light, specially in low lumination. Higher specs cameras from time to time use a combination of both programs and probably have Face Priority AF where the camera can ‘See’ your face while focusing only in that. Thank you for sharing your ideas on this blog.
I抦 no longer certain the place you are getting your information, but great topic. I must spend some time learning much more or working out more. Thanks for fantastic info I used to be looking for this info for my mission.