Treatment of deforming osteoarthritis should be comprehensive and meet the three principles: individuality, continuity, comprehensiveness.
Method of treatment for osteoarthritis can be:
- with the use of traditional medicine.
The effectiveness of the treatment depends on the correct combination of several methods at the same time. For selection of therapy depending on the stage of neglect of the pathological process and characteristics of the organism, it is necessary to consult a doctor, because only he can help you choose the best option.
To improve the efficiency of treatment also need to follow a few simple rules:
- to reduce weight (in the presence of excess);
- to reduce the burden on the patient’s joint;
- to minimize physical activity;
- to avoid prolonged stay in a fixed posture and carrying heavy objects;
- use of a walking cane.
The use of drugs – a necessary condition for the proper treatment of the disease. The following groups of drugs:
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (Diclofenac, Ibuprofen, Meloxicam, Nimesulide, Deksalgin). Their technique facilitates the reduction of pain symptoms and phenomena of reactive arthritis. This group of drugs dispensed from pharmacies without a doctor’s prescription, but it is not necessary to self-medicate and take them without a doctor’s advice more than 7-10 days even in the absence of side effects. If you need a longer admission need to consult with your doctor.
- Chondroprotectors (Don, Artra, Teraflex, Alflutop).
Most often used during the initial stages of treatment of the disease. Thanks to their acceptance, there are processes of repair cartilage and slow down degenerative processes in the tissues of the joints. The therapeutic effect develops slowly, the first signs of improvement appear after 3-5 weeks of taking the drug, but remain long – up to 3-6 months.
- Local drug therapy.
Includes the application of ointments, gels and creams, the main component of which are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Their use is also effective for many patients, they help to reduce inflammation, reduce pain and reduce the dosage of NSAIDs for oral administration. These include: first days without, Finalgel, Ibuprofen gel, Diclofenac, Nurofen and others.
- Intra-articular injections of hormonal drugs (corticosteroids).
This method of treatment is shown in the impossibility of the intake of anti-inflammatory drugs due to the development or presence of pathology of the gastrointestinal tract. Preference is given to drugs with prolonged action, which will continue for several months. The most famous drug – Diprospan. These injections not more than 3-4 times a year, as they may provoke the development of degenerative processes in the joint. At the same therapeutic effect from the introduction is not observed in all patients.
- Compresses with Dimexidum, and analgesics are proven to relieve pain.
Physiotherapeutic methods of treatment
- laser therapy;
- electrophoresis with novocaine and analgin;
- magnetic therapy;
- the impact of high frequency magnetic fields;
- ultraviolet irradiation.
All these methods are used in the absence of inflammation on the skin.
In the early stages of the disease effective balneotherapy: radon and sulphide bath. Rest in specialized sanatoriums beneficial effect on the treatment process. Massage also refers to physiotherapeutic procedures and improves microcirculation in the tissues, improving trophism in the affected joint and remove the pain, promotes muscle relaxation.
For a comprehensive treatment, the patient also needs to exert effort doing exercises physical therapy prescribed by a physician. Including lessons in the pool, because the water load on the joints is reduced, and the effectiveness of training increases. To perform gymnastics, you should be very careful not making any sudden movements, as this leads to additional trauma of the affected joint. The best option exercise – lying down or sitting.
The ineffectiveness of all of the above methods and the development of severe physical joint damage leading to disability, have resorted to extreme measures – prosthetics affected joint.
Found effective remedy for pains and for the treatment of joints:
- natural composition,
- with no side effects
- efficiency, proven expert,
- a quick result.
- Joint replacement is often used when damage to the knee and hip joints.
This method consists in partial or complete joint replacement with artificial that allows you to restore full mobility of the joint, eliminate pain and remove excessive load on the spine. After the surgery and rather long recovery period, it takes from several months to half a year. After reducing postoperative edema the patient applied to the joint area fixing a splint for a few weeks and prescribed a complex of gymnastic exercises for strengthening and stretching muscles.
In parallel with the gymnastics continues taking the medications (NSAIDs, painkillers, etc.). Removal of stitches is carried out 10-14 days after surgery. Then gradually expanding physical activity, and the patient allowed to walk first with crutches, and after 1.5-2 months and yourself.
- For the treatment of the ankle apply the method of complete immobilization or fusion.
In this case the deformed joint is fixed in a certain position. This method allows to relieve the patient from pain, but gait is changed forever and will never be the same.
- If the affected joints have not yet reached a critical level, but conservative therapy is ineffective, performed minimally invasive arthroscopic surgery.
They are more gentle, and the recovery period after surgery less. Arthroplasty is performed most often with valgus deformity of the foot characterized by deformity of the joint 1 of the first toe of the foot, the so-called bone. This condition interferes with wearing shoes and discomfort.
Surgical treatment is currently the most effective way to help with deforming osteoarthritis. Many patients after this procedure the normal functioning of the artificial joint is tens of years. It is worth noting that complete recovery of function occurs. There are also a number of contraindications for this treatment that leads to disability of the patient.
Innovative treatments include intra-articular injection of stem cells of the patient and the chondrocytes. These methods are currently in the process of clinical research and practice is not widely used. Due to such injection occurs the regeneration of cartilage, reduces inflammation and degenerative-dystrophic processes. But still the full recovery of the cartilage tissue occurs.
Intra-articular administration of chondrocytes
Traditional methods of treatment
Traditional medicines are a helpful element in the treatment, and, addressing them, should not be discarded in their favor from the prescribed course of traditional medicine.
The use of traditional medicine widely:
- Among the most common cleansing rice. Allows you to get rid of toxins accumulated in the body. Recommended 1-2 times a year.
- Application of products of beekeeping. Based on honey make tinctures, lapping, ointments, because the honey contains a large number of trace elements and vitamins. The propolis used for preparation of lotions. Bee subpestilence effective when applied as a lotion.
- Applying cold helps to reduce swelling and pain.
- The ointment prepared in the home on the basis of medicinal herbs. Use yarrow, hops, sweet clover, Golden mustache, and others. Also for the manufacture of ointments used kerosene.
- Infusions of medicinal herbs. For their preparation take the roots, leaves and flowers of plants: dandelion conventional, the berries of cranberries. A popular decoction of oats and Bay leaf.
- Actively apply compresses of burdock, baths of fir branches.
The disease is easier to prevent than to treat, especially such serious as deforming osteoarthritis.
To prevent the occurrence of pathology is necessary to adhere to such simple rules as:
- the decrease in body mass in the presence of excess;
- timely treatment of injuries of musculoskeletal system;
- adhering to a physical exercise, eliminating overload of the joints;
- quitting Smoking and alcohol consumption;
- regular gym sessions, walks in the fresh air. Being in a fixed position does not improve joint health;
- prevention of scoliosis and flat feet, and in the presence of these diseases is their timely treatment;
- a balanced diet high in protein and collagen. Many of these substances in the jelly, jelly, jelly. A daily presence in the diet of fruits and vegetables has a positive effect on the entire body and joints;
- taking a multivitamin is the appointment of a specialist.