Pain in the lumbar spine, not even the strongest, it is difficult to tolerate for long. Yes, and this is not worth it – better to quickly learn the cause and to begin treatment of the lower back. Depending on the diagnosis, the doctor will suggest medications, physiotherapy, manual therapy or massage.
To approach the problem comprehensively, with the consent of the doctor, additionally perform at home special exercises. In some situations, it may require surgical intervention.
Quite often, when a sore lower back treatment as such is not required, for example, if excessive deflection of the lumbar spine – hyperlordosis is associated with poor posture or regular prolonged stay in an uncomfortable position. Acquired with age hyperlordosis can be corrected.
Fix hyperlordosis at home
Most often, the hyperlordosis is associated with poor posture. The position of the body should be anatomically correct, it doesn’t matter whether you sit, stand, lie or walk. Mentally spend the axis passing through the ears, shoulders and hips, strive to be direct.
A periodically experienced back pain associated with overexertion of muscles, poor posture or injuries. However, choosing the right course of treatment, it is possible to forget.
With a long stay in a sitting position, including driving a car, refer to possible the following rules:
- do not cast away your seatback more than 30 degrees;
- slide the seat as close as possible forward to avoid tilting forward;
- at least once an hour get out of your chair at least five minutes, or flip the backrest back to the angle of 135-140 degrees in order to remove the accumulated axial load on the spine;
- proper seat height also helps to keep your posture – adjust it;
- the load from the waist and take them off: stand under the legs – below the knees are above the hips, a pillow or cushion into the recess between the backrest and the lumbar spine, armrests;
- after a long stay in a sitting position, including driving a car, don’t lift heavy objects.
When walking and standing:
- the insoles of the shoes have to be orthopedic, soft sole;
- heel height casual shoes should not exceed 3-4 cm.
- in standing position put your weight on both feet evenly;
- lift objects from the floor without jerking, lift weights better with the legs, not the back.
For the selection of a set of exercises, correcting hyperlordosis, it is necessary examination. Most often it includes several methods:
- x-rays of the spine in lateral and frontal projection;
- assessment of muscle strength and functionality on the electromyograph;
- spondylopathy measures the angle that defines the hyperlordosis.
However, to do some exercises to relieve tension from the back, it is possible to survey.
- In the standing position, touching the coccyx and mixed by the blades of the wall, slowly lift hands through the parties up. After 10 repetitions, stay in the same position, but do not raise your hands, and just imagine if you raise them.
- Lie on your right side on a flat solid surface, the left leg bend at the knee, tighten the stomach and lift this situation up. Lock in 20 seconds. Repeat lying on left side.
- Sitting on a chair or on the floor, straighten your back. Drop your head down relax your neck. Stay in this position for 15-20 seconds.
Besides relaxing exercises is good to start to swim or walk. This cardiovascular workout will provide better blood flow to the back as well as strengthen the muscles.
Strong abdominal muscles can partially compensate for hyperlordosis of the lumbar spine, provided that in parallel, it will gradually stretch the muscles-antagonists. That is, after performing exercises for abs at home, you need to stretch and relax the muscles of the lumbar spine.
- Sitting on the floor, pinch together the straight leg, straighten your back and slowly, without jerks tilt the body to the feet. Relax and keep the pose for 20-30 seconds. Each time try to lean lower to the legs and increase the time of fixation.
- Also on the floor, spread your straight legs as wide as possible, straighten your back, raise your left arm up. Slowly bending down, reach left hand to the toes of the right foot units, lock onto as low as you can, then repeat the exercise the other way.
- Lying on the floor, lift the straight leg to the ceiling. Then lift your pelvis off the floor, resting his hands on the lumbar, as in exercise birch; continue to lower the legs down, vertebrae by vertebrae, stretching the spine and back muscles. Aim your toes touch the floor behind your head. Very carefully return to the starting position.
You need proper nutrition to bones and muscles receive the protein, minerals and vitamins. Healthy sleep on a hard orthopaedic mattress also makes it easier to hyperlordosis of the lumbar spine.
To correct hyperlordosis exercises is only after the pain in the lumbar spine receded. To do the heavy lifting with back pain is not worth it under any circumstances.
Absolutely contraindicated in any exercise in which there is a phase of separation from the earth:
- contact sports;
Treatment of lower back pain with inflammatory process in the home will accelerate a cold compress. Pain associated with overexertion of muscles will ease the heat in the warming zone or ointments. If back pain is strong enough, the doctor will prescribe the necessary medication.
Drug treatment lower back pain
As painkillers it is better to choose the softer, such as Ibuprofen, tylenol or Naproxen. It is worth remembering that most of the analgesic properties has many side effects, in particular adverse effects on the heart, endocrine, digestive and nervous system. Do not abuse such drugs for a long time, especially without medical prescription.
To relieve inflammation of lumbar spine need NSAIDs. Such as Voltaren, piroxicam, Indomethacin, Ketoprofen and others. Inhibitors of the class of COX-2 at the same time fighting inflammation and pain. Among safe for gastric drug of the group of Celecoxib, but it also adversely affects the cardiovascular system and can even provoke a stroke.
Codeine, Morphine, Tramadol treat narcotic drugs are addictive and are appointed by the doctor only if prolonged severe pain, to cope with which can other pain relievers.
To correct hyperlordosis of the lumbar is also capable of:
- osteopathy and chiropractic;
Some diseases, such as hernia, sciatica, lumbar spine or spinal stenosis, may not respond to treatment of lower back pain and physical therapy. In this case, it may require surgical intervention.
To remove pressure from the spinal cord or nerve endings used methods of laminectomy or laminotomy, removing the arched part of the vertebrae. Complete removal of one of the disks of the lumbar spine, causing pain is called a diskectomy. It is also possible to replace the disk with an artificial one. Spinal fusion operation allows you to merge multiple vertebrae to eliminate motion between them that’s causing the pain.
Even in the absence of contraindications to the operation, you will have to fight for treatment in other ways. 9 times out of 10 you can do without surgical intervention.