The stomach is not just a part of the digestive system, and its Central link. Received in the cavity chewed food begins to mix there with the gastric juice, secretiruema glands of the mucous membrane, with the initial goal of her cleavage.
Included in the juice aggressive substances – pepsin (enzyme to digest proteins) and hydrochloric acid, needed for protection from intoxication and normal course of the process, do not harm the stomach because it protects a special wall thick mucus. The balance between them is very thin and is a violation under the influence of any adverse factors (e.g., stress, bad habits, wrong food, bad environment) can trigger the development of a disease.
After eating a large proportion of the population suffers from pain in the stomach, which can be a variety of factors. But before we point them is to imagine what are the functions of the hollow organ and what happens in it.
Description of diseases
Characteristics of the senses has an important diagnostic value. But if there is a connection with food intake, the definition of the disease becomes more accurate.
When inflammation of the gastric mucosa of a man tormented by burning, cutting or compression (depending on individual reactions to menu) pain immediately after eating, especially if it was spicy, salty, rough, excessively hot. An unpleasant symptom may be accompanied by bloating, sour belching, burning sensation behind the breastbone (heartburn), diarrhoea or constipation (constipation). As a rule, abdominalgia (pain attacks) in the epigastric region does not last more than 2 hours.
- Ulcer of stomach/duodenum.
In the case of peptic ulcer pain in the stomach do not occur as rapidly as for gastritis – typically, after an hour and a half after eating (and, in duodenal ulcer – not earlier than 1,5-2 hours). Their intensity is different: some patients pain may be expressed weakly, in others, on the contrary, bright. However, the appearance of sharp, sharp pain – a possible sign of serious complications of disease – perforation of the body, i.e. formation of holes in it. This condition can lead not only the development of pain shock, but a deadly threat to the patient, so the surgery should be urgent.
This disease pyloric (pyloric) area of the stomach and duodenum has a long origin, since exacerbation can quickly be replaced by a period of remission. Such intermittent pain is usually localized in the umbilical region, appearing during the first hour after a meal. Accompanying symptoms can include: feeling of heaviness and fullness in the region of nadrovia, swelling of the tongue and its relevatory, irritability for no reason, nausea.
- Infectious gastroenteritis.
In people, this disease is better known as the stomach flu or an upset stomach caused by viruses. The main symptoms include nausea, vomiting, change in stool (in severe cases the stool may be accompanied by blood discharge). In the center of the belly (near the navel) cramps may occur immediately or after 4 hours, but more often there is pain 2 hours after eating bacteria. The patient also might be a strong temperature increase and bloating.
The failure of the pancreas, which is located in the vicinity of the stomach, is often the cause of pain in it. The signs of this disease is not only the appearance of a sharp pain in the abdomen (in the middle part or right upper quadrant) after 20-40 minutes after ingestion of drinks and food, but also the systematic urge to vomit with bile, prolonged hiccups, belching, dryness of mucous membranes of the oral cavity, bloating. When a medical examination revealed the absence of muscle contractions of the stomach and intestines, which usually indicates paralysis (gastroparesis) delayed emptying.
- Pyloric stenosis.
Stenosis of the pylorus (the decrease of the lumen because of the tumor, scar, injury or location of foreign body) abdominal pain after eating begin immediately with the filling of the stomach accompanied by a feeling of heaviness in the epigastric pain and heartburn. In the case of subcompensated stage, there is burping with the smell of rotten eggs, weakness, weight loss. During decompensate phase to the preceding symptoms are added daily profuse vomiting rotting food residues.
Also the reason why after eating can hurt the stomach is overeating. As a result of consuming excessive amounts of beverages and food gastrointestinal tract experiences undue strain, and man, therefore, pain and heaviness in the epigastric region. Irritation of the digestive system and can cause some Proviant, for example, pickles, fatty, rich in cholesterol and spicy dishes.
To alleviate spasmodic pain in the stomach after eating will help medication, such as Allergy, no-Spa. In the case of their combination with nausea, heartburn and bloating can be used Motilium or Motilak (also these medicines based on domperidone good burp).
If the cause of the pain, arising after a meal, poisoning became, to get rid of it will allow the use of sorbent (at least activated carbon), but it is better to wash out the stomach. With overeating, you can take zantac, Digestal, Festal, Panzinorm. Of course, when pain occur whenever after a meal, a visit to a specialist (gastroenterologist or internist) delay is not worth it.
Treatment in such a situation, the doctor prescribes on the basis of:
- enzyme drugs;
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- choleretic (in case of problems with the gall bladder);
- drugs for decreasing acidity.
In some cases, may require surgical intervention, antibacterial therapy, taking antacids – substances that have acid, but diet when pain in the epigastric area is assigned always.
Treatment of folk remedies
Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract treated not only pharmaceutical drugs but also traditional methods.
However, they must be consistent with the doctor to rule out intolerance to the components.
1. If the stomach pain triggered by the ulcers, to cope with it helps the juice of raw potatoes. This should be made in 3 large tablespoons before meals. Adding a little honey will strengthen the therapeutic effect.
2. Bouts of acute gastritis, worse after meals, relieves propolis, which can be used both in oil and alcohol solution (3 times daily 40 drops approximately one hour before meals). The tool also helps to regulate the acidity levels and destroy bacteria.
3. To deal with spasms in the stomach and allows the decoction of gooseberries. It should be prepared based on the calculation that 1 tablespoon of this artisanal plants require 1 Cup of water. United in a single container (not aluminum and copper) ingredients next, you need to put on the fire and boil them for 10-15 minutes. Treatment in this way may not be to everyone’s taste, so adding sugar is allowed. Use a medicinal infusion against stomach pain have one glass every 3 hours.
4. Reception slightly warmed olive oil with honey (components are taken equally) effectively helps to get rid of pain in the epigastrium. Make the tool should be at least 3-4 times a day for 1 tablespoon adult, 1 dessert spoon.
Professional help is needed if:
- stomach hurts every time after drinking or eating;
- there is a sharp weight loss;
- disorders of defecation accompanied by bleeding;
- there are signs of dehydration (fatigue, dry skin and mucous surfaces in the mouth);
- often sick, vomit, have a stench, pus, blood, bile;
- sharp abdominal pain lasts more than half an hour, not allowing the person to move.
Recommendations on diet
Whatever the cause of pain in the stomach after eating, no treatment would be complete without determining individual diets. Moreover, many patients, switching to a proper diet and eliminating products, irritating the mucous membrane of a hollow organ, observed as a reduction in symptoms of gastrointestinal diseases and improving overall health.
The peculiarity of diet, if stomach hurts, is this:
- rejection of excessively hot and cold dishes;
- the exception of alcohol, carbonated drinks, coffee and strong tea;
- abstinence from spicy, smoked, salty, fatty, and marinades, canned food and semi-finished products;
- reusable meals (5-6 times a day) diet products.
The list of allowed foods:
- 1. bread with a content of crushed wheat grains, and app cookies (without baking), white crackers;
- 2. boiled pasta, noodles;
- 3. cereal with milk (if not lactose intolerant) or water;
- 4. steam omelets, boiled eggs;
- 5. lean meats (rabbit, veal, Turkey, chicken) and fish (pike, carp, perch);
- 6. soups, mashed vegetables and well-cooked cereals;
- 7. sweet berries and fruits, jams and compotes of them;
- 8. steamed potatoes, beets, carrots, cauliflower;
- 9. diet sausages, unsalted ham.
After eating pain and heaviness in the stomach will contribute to disappear to drink plenty of liquids during the day (at least 1.5 liters of fluid) and moderate physical activity.