This form of inflammatory disease of the gastrointestinal tract occurs in both adults and children. It is characterized by the appearance of swelling and redness of the external surface of the stomach and intestines.
The disease most often occurs acutely, but if not pay attention to health and neglect the treatment, the inflammatory process becomes chronic.
The surface form of gastroduodenitis may develop as a result of the following reasons:
- Irrational, unhealthy diet. The abundance of menu junk food. Failure to follow special diet in the presence of other diseases of the stomach.
- Bad habits.
- Uncontrolled, prolonged intake of certain medications, and adversely acting on the state of the mucosa of the stomach.
- Sometimes the inflammation is rapidly evolving due to constant nervousness and stress.
- Various chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, against which develop inflammation.
- Genetic predisposition.
- Irregularities in functioning of the digestive system, for example, insufficiency of the cardia.
- The activity of the bacteria Helicobacter Pylori causing inflammatory diseases of the stomach in children and adults.
- The radiation exposure.
The symptoms of the disease
Most often gastro is accompanied by such symptoms:
1. Pain. The most common sign of inflammation. It specifies which portion of the stomach affected. In the case of the child require further examination, so how can he say that hurts the entire abdomen.
2. Dyspepsia and impaired motility of the gastrointestinal tract. Is accompanied by heartburn, belching, bloating, flatulence, taste of bitterness in the mouth. Sometimes the disease provokes cardia failure and its consequences, which are difficult to cure.
3. The child may develop acute asthenovegetative symptoms – fatigue, lethargy, weakness.
When examination may reveal other signs:
- Redness of the mucous membranes.
- Inflammatory processes on the surfaces of internal organs.
- Pathological restructuring of the gastric mucosa.
Most inflammatory diseases of the gastrointestinal tract are diagnosed by:
- Measurement of level of acidity.
- Analysis for the presence of the bacterium Helicobacter.
- Biopsy tissues.
- X-ray examination.
To treat gastro gastro-intestinal tract begin only after an accurate diagnosis, since its symptoms are similar to signs of other diseases of the stomach.
Treatment of gastroduodenitis
In order to eliminate gastro, the patient must not only take doctor prescribed medications, but also to comply with diet, adhere to prescribed diet. Therapy of acute gastro-duodenitis involves not only relieving symptoms but also reducing supplies. The patient is prescribed bed rest is not less than a week.
Successful treatment of gastroduodenitis contributes to the reception of the following groups of drugs:
1. Antibiotics Klacid, Klabax. Used for destroying the main source of the appearances of inflammation of the stomach and intestines – bacteria Helicobacter.
2. Antispasmodic drugs But-Shema Buscopan. Stop abnormal muscular contraction by blocking the cause of pain.
3. Blockers of hydrochloric acid the Omeprazole, Venter. They reduce the productivity of the excretory system of the gastrointestinal tract, reduce the secretion of gastric juice irritating the body wall.
4. Antacids Gastal, Renny. Neutralize the acidic gastric juice, stopping its destructive effect on the mucous membranes.
5. Astringent preparations De-Nol, Vikair. Have a strong drying and regenerating action. Help to cure the disease results in damage to the walls of the body and accelerate the process of recovery.
6. Enzyme preparations Mezim, Festal. Restore digestive activity, normalizes the processes of digestion and absorption.
7. If the disease was triggered by stress and emotions that the patient is prescribed a sedative containing extracts of herbs Motosonic, Novopassit. They help recover the nervous system, reduce irritability and sensitivity.
For different diseases are different modes and menus. Diet table number 1 with gastroduodenitis surface shape will fit perfectly, as it does not contain products that irritate the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. It also rather helps to heal the damaged organ, because it contained in its composition a large quantity of required nutrients.
Food intake during treatment should be regular and fractional, in small portions, at least 5-6 times a day. This helps to avoid excessive pressure on the patient’s stomach and the appearance of the hungry pains. The food should be room temperature, too hot or too cold food will have a negative effect on the organs.
The menu should not be in any case:
- Spicy and salty foods.
- Preservatives and smoked.
- Fried food.
- Fatty meat and fish.
- Fast food, soda, sweets, chocolate.
- Acidic vegetables and fruits.
- Black and white bread.
The diet includes the intake of the following foods:
- Dairy products, fat and weak acids.
- Lean meat and fish.
- Non-acidic vegetables and fruits.
- Milk porridge, made with small, well-boiled cereals.
- Carefully pureed vegetable soup.
- Drinks need to focus on regenerating herbal teas and non-carbonated mineral water.
To prevent gastro easy enough to follow a few simple rules aimed at maintaining the health of the gastrointestinal tract:
- Closely monitor the condition of internal organs and in different types of discomfort not to forget to go to the doctor.
- To observe the mode and food culture, to avoid the harmful, irritating food.
- To get rid of bad habits, do not abuse alcohol.
- To pay great attention to physical activity.
- To avoid stressful situations.