In the composition of gastric juice is present, the hydrochloric acid that help people to digest your food. Being a very caustic substance, she could destroy the stomach wall. But this is avoided due to the mucus that neutralizes the effects of hydrochloric acid.
Symptoms of increased gastric acidity, as a rule, the following:
- Copper taste in my mouth. Sometimes there is a feeling of acid.
- Pain in region of stomach, on an empty stomach or after 1.5 – 2 hours after a meal.
- A feeling of heaviness in the stomach.
- Heartburn, a burning sensation in the esophagus.
- Belching with a sour taste.
- Nausea and vomiting after eating indigestible food.
- The tendency to constipation, which is manifested gradually.
This gives you optimum levels of substances that do not pose a danger, but rather promotes digestion. However, for various reasons there can be a disturbance of acid-alkaline balance in the stomach. When the concentration of acid in gastric juice exceeds the norm for a long period, it is about the increased acidity. This condition is subject to examination and treatment as may be incurred for an unpleasant and dangerous consequences for the digestive system – for example, gastritis, ulcers or even cancer.
Upon detection of any symptoms of increase in level of acidity of the stomach is necessary to consult a specialist. Only a doctor will be able to correctly assess the situation, an appointment and to understand the cause of the problem and prescribe an effective means to address it. Most often, to quickly lower the acidity, while at home, I advise you to drink a glass of milk or take some antacid medication – gaviscon, Almagel, Maalox, Gastal, gaviscon.
But it is worth remembering that attempts of self-treatment at home using a variety of funds usually do not lead to effective results, but only help you temporarily get rid of unpleasant sensations. But in order to fully say goodbye to the problem, effectively reduce the level of acidity and to avoid a repetition of the various painful symptoms, you need to find and remove its main reason to exclude a more dangerous disease.
For the most part the root cause of the increase of the acid in the gastric juice is gastritis. In the case of confirmation of diagnosis, carried out the necessary treatment appropriate medications. Getting rid of gastritis leads to a decrease in the concentration of hydrochloric acid in the stomach.
If there are no irregularities in the functioning of the digestive tract is not detected, then the doctor prescribes drugs that reduce the acidity. Among such tools are the following:
- 1. Omeprazole or Lansoprazole is blockers of the proton pump, which are the most effective drugs in the treatment of such problems of the gastrointestinal tract.
- 2. Almagell or Maalox – antacids, enveloping wall of the stomach and corrects acidity.
- 3. Ranitidine, Famotidine, Nizatidine – reduce the production of hydrochloric acid.
- 4. Gastrozepin – this tool is used quite rarely, its reception is possible only under the supervision of a specialist.
In order to reduce acidity level, all these medicines are used course, this means that tablets have to drink not less than 8 days. After treatment, the doctor will conduct an examination and tests to check the status. If necessary, may repeat the course of medication after a certain time or the change of the drug.
Traditional medicine also has effective recipes that help to lower stomach acidity. Various herbs and fees from them, infusions and decoctions have proven excellent tools in combating this problem, and confirmed its efficiency and ability to reduce the levels of acid in gastric juice along with drugs. Consider a few popular ways that can be easily used at home together with prescribed pills.
1. Infusion of licorice root.
For cooking take 10 g of raw, crushed, pour a glass of boiling water 20 minutes heated on a water bath. Then within 45 minutes insist, filter, and the resulting infusion was adjusted to 200 ml with boiled water. Take 1 tbsp. spoon 3-4 times a day. This infusion is able to reduce the acidity.
2. Herbs of celandine, St. John’s wort, chamomile and yarrow.
Celandine take 1 tbsp. spoon, other herbs – 2 tablespoons, all mixed. 1 tbsp. spoon mixture pour boiling water, insist 20 minutes. Take 3 times a day for ½ Cup 30 minutes before a meal.
3. Herbal psyllium husk, St. John’s wort, cudweed, knotweed, centaury, mint leaves, calamus root, caraway fruit and yarrow.
All herbs are mixed in such proportions: plantain, St. John’s wort and sushenitsu – 8 art. spoons, and knotweed centaury – 4 tablespoons cumin – 3 tbsp, mint and AIP – 2 tbsp. spoon, yarrow – 1 tablespoon. 2 tbsp. spoon mixture pour 1 liter of boiling water, the infusion should insist 12 hours, drain. Take the remedy 4 times a day after meal ½ Cup.
All these charges good job at reducing the concentration of acid in the stomach. Their effectiveness is proven by many generations of people and even confirmed by the doctors.
Any treatment selected to reduce stomach level of acidity involves not only taking the prescribed medications and appropriate diet. With correction power begins a struggle with the problem. Largely from this, and not from the pills depends on a favorable outcome of therapy and the opportunity to avoid repeated bouts of illness.
You need to remember about fragmentation, there are often small portions. Do not eat at the same time does not fit between the products. To eat more than those that contribute to the formation of alkali, thereby reducing the risk of high levels of acid. Such quite a lot, so do not be afraid that you will have to give up your favorite dishes, keeping deliciousyou diet and taking prescribed medications.
What really should be abandoned not only for therapeutic interventions but also to reduce consumption in the future is foods rich in proteins.
The tendency to increased acidity in the stomach is excluded from the diet:
- Fried and spicy food.
- Pickled food.
- Chocolate and other sweets.
- Tomato sauces and juices.
- Coffee, sodas, juices of sour fruits, black tea.
- Fresh scones and brown bread.
- Dairy especially fatty.
- Onions, tomatoes.
- Plums, sour apples.
Foods that reduce acidity
In addition to taking the pills prescribed by a doctor to lower the acidity in the home can natural remedies such as antacids. They can neutralize acid in the stomach and assist the action of medication.
- 1. The most famous and widely used such a product is milk.
- 2. Figs and raisins when taken daily increase alkaline the body, and hence, can successfully help in the fight against acid.
- 3. The juice from raw potatoes and celery also increase the alkali content in the stomach.
- 4. Basil.
- 5. The aloe juice.
- 6. Ginger – you can eat it raw, or brew ginger tea.
- 7. To be useful in solving this problem products include a variety of vegetables. This potato and cabbage, squash and carrots, beans and beets, cucumbers, asparagus and capsicum. The main thing is to ensure proper cooking of them.
- 8. Very beneficial effect on the stomach in the acidity of melons and watermelons, bananas, mangoes and avocados.
- 9. Any kinds of greens: parsley, celery, lettuce, fennel. Which is their part fiber a very positive effect on digestion.
- 10. Lean fish and meat. Cooking should be steamed, boiled or baked. No need to add dishes of different marinades and sauces.
- 11. Among the sweet dishes, you can also find those that will help to cope with increased acidity. It’s honey, maple syrup, raw sugar and stevia.
- 12. Herbal teas.
Sticking to the right diet and eating the right foods will be the best medicine, which is struggling with a high content of acid in the stomach and reduces its level. Upon confirmation of the diagnosis and purpose of treatment by a specialist such food can quickly cope with the disease and assist the action of drugs to reduce the acidity. The main thing – not to let things drift, in time to see a doctor, follow his recommendations and listen to your body.